Pacing on the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LabDoc33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this with the fact that I am not taking the MCAT until January and I have not done any practice tests whatsoever.

That being said.... I am a wicked fast test taker, always the first one done. I know some people have "analysis paralysis" when it comes to something they aren't familiar with on the test and that causes a lot of lost time. I was wondering if anyone out there like me had the same type of pacing on the actual MCAT's and were not rushed for time like it seems so many people are.

I am trying to take my prep game plan one step at a time and was wondering if I could get some feedback from you lovely folks as to if my speediness will transcend to this test based on your experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

I am very fast in the sciences but I found myself making a lot of silly mistakes which brought my score down. The AAMC folks trick you by putting in 1 word that you could just overlook in your speediness.