Paediatric Radiology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Srinivasa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hai Friends,

I am looking for a Paed Radiology Feloowship. Trained In England with FRCR. Fully ECFMG certified. Need H1 B and ACGME accredited program. Keen to start in Dec 09 or if not possible in July 10. I am not getting favourable responses when i ring up. What are my chances and any suggestions. Any advise appreciated. Many thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you'll get better and more info at auntminnie.com

You will have a very very hard time finding a H1B visa form what I understand. Not sure how the acgme thing works yet with fellowships. I know some are and some aren't.
I imagine it will be harder I imagine to get because you're not training in the US. Might have some luck once places realize they are going unfilled. You'll need to do a total of 3? years of fellowship training to at least practice in the US I believe.

I think your chances are poor, but thats just my opnion.

Many thanks for your reply Bevo. Yes you are correct in the sense that you need at least 3 years of various fellowships to take Board Exams and get a liecense to practice in USA. Some states may give waiver depending upon the need. I though most of the Fellowshipsin Paeds,Mammo are going unfilled , even 60 percent of neuro are unfilled according to years match results. . Let me try my luck.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I am an IMG, Looking ahead for last moment openings or left outs in PEADIATRIC or VIR RADIOLOGY...

I have been calling at places and hearing big NOs. Its been frustratig after a months dedicated efforts. DO any of you guys know of any openings?

Any form of inputs is highly appreciated.

Thanks

who (which) programs are you guys calling? just curious
isn't there a list out there with unfilled pos. after each match - hopefully you are calling from that.