Pain board results in!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giddyup

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Passed! Positive vibes out to everyone who took it as well. I was a little nervous about this one, test was kinda random.

Members don't see this ad.

Passed! Good luck to everyone out there!

What a relief to pass. Not sure what I would recommend to someone preparing for this test.

I thought that the new Pain ITE was pretty similar to the real thing, it's probably worthwhile for fellowships to offer it just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed somehow. Wow. Guessed on literally 80% of the damn exam.

Passed. Thanks to Dannemiller pain review along with pain board.com questions !

Passed Congrats to all
Def still think this could be a much better test
The pain medicine book (basically the dannemiller course in a book)

Passed. ASIPP also offers a board review question book. I used that and painexam.com.

I passed too! Very very happy, got over 90% and still managed to miss a bunch of questions. Amazing.
I agree with everybody else, Dannemiller and painexam.com were very helpful.
I also attended the PassMachine course for Pain Medicine, which was very nice, but the lectures don't seem to line up so well with the test. If you can do the Dannemiller videos and attend the prep class like I did, I think that would prepare you very well. I also used a very small book by a shrink named Steven Stahl on pain meds and fibromyalgia which was extremely helpful.

EDIT: Also, I think they could have left every single image out of the exam and had the same results, what a waste of technology.

passed. Thank you Jesus

Dannemiller DVD and course, painexam.com and review book by Abdi and Chopra. Dannemiller valuable in making me a better pain doc over and above the exam.

passed.

Abdi and painexam.com ONLY...yay! i was worried bc i didnt use dannemiller at all and was on vacation the week of that course in chicago. i guess it didn't matter in the end.

I actually felt that I did well, but the wisdom on this forum was that if you felt that you did well you probably bombed it which made me worry.....

well I aced the friggin thing and got 98% percentile with a score of 350. So here's what I did:

1) Dannemiller so many times I knew almost everything as it was said, and kept learning new things each time.
2) Painexam.com
3) about 3 months of part time studying (1-2 hours per day, 7 days per week)

Passed. Took first exam ever given in 1993 when everyone flew to Atlanta to take exam. It was like a Who's Who of pain management. All of the big names taking exam-Raj, Stanton-Hicks, Ferrante, etc. Not the same sitting by myself in front of computer. Can't belief I will need to take exam AGAIN in 10 years. That will be #4!

How do you guys know what percentile you were? Is that on the ABA website or on something they sent in the mail? Have been out of town so haven't checked my mail in a week, admittedly.