Pain Elective coming up and neuro2pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuro2pain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Pgy2 neuro resident here. I am scheduled for my pain rotation with an ANESETHESIA based interventional pain department at my hospital to start in May. They do have a fellowship and so Id like to impress them as much as possible and ideally obtain a letter of recommendation for fellowship after the month is done.

I have a month of neuro radiology prior to this. Admittedly I don't have a strong knowledge base for pain aside from what I see in the neuro clinic and headache. Is there any book or series of articles or some kind of primer I should read prior to starting this rotation so that I come off as being very well read? I want to avoid the huge texts for now but is there any good primer for pain medicine?

On a side note, any other neurologists go into pain med on the forum? I was wondering if you could kindly PM me as I am having trouble finding any locally where I'm from for advice.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked Essentials of Pain Medicine for a good overview without getting crazy detailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second the Essentials of Pain Medicine recommendation above. Our program had it available for free on Clinical Key. I think it is just enough information about key things you will see in the clinic.