pain job question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gas151515

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is one of my offers: can someone please explain if i work 8 to 5 , how i would ever make over the base salary here. how can i guarantee he won't make me do all my procedures in the ASC? its with one spine surgeon, who has hired one interventional pmr and a locums spine surgeon

Third Year
a. Base salary of $450k

b. Plus 50% of office (not ASC ) collections over 1M (right now expected office collections is $1M for second year and more for 3rd year

c. Plus 10% of ASC profits…expected income from this is $200k; at this time expected profit from ASC procedures for pain is $500k per physician because most of your income will be in the “office side”. This is because of some payers pay better if billed as office, etc… so you will take 10% of net ASC profit which includes spine surgery cases which account for most of the ASC income/profit

d. Even if you did not want to become a partner in the ASC in the future (I think that you would) your take home income will still be in the $600+ range

Members don't see this ad.

Unless they open the ASC books, you can't count on earning a penny from the facility. Also, why are they willing to share the asc profits with you unless you are an investor, subject to the risks as well as the benefits?