This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousBastard01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get some opinions here. I am at the point where I am starting to think about my specialty. I do believe I am competitive enough to match into good residency programs. I am thinking about orthopaedic surgery , rads and anesthesiology ( then go into pain management). Ortho is great but the schedule will absolutely drain my time with my kids ( I know all residencies are like this. I accept that. But you do have to admit that surgical specialties are on a different level when it comes to consuming your time). Rads is great , and the residency lifestyle is pretty decent , but for some reason I am leaning more towards Pain Management.

I just want to ask those who are practicing gas-pain out there ( or in residency/fellowship) , how is the earning potential for pain management compared to rads and ortho? What is the income like working from a hospital compared to working at a private practice?

Members don't see this ad.