Painexam.com Quality of Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr264

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am just getting ready to take ABA Pain Board exam in Sept 2014. Wondering how is the quality of questions on Painexam.com? Are they representative of the ABA exam? Are they Vignette based? What is quality of answers and explanation?

Thxs

Members don't see this ad.

They are good but more difficult than the exam questions. If I remember correctly I was getting 60-75% on the practice tests but got over 80th percentile on the exam.

On the actual exam I think I got about 5% of the questions right... Which put me in the 75th percentile. Best prep that I could recommend would be dannemiller, 4 seasons of game of thrones, and last seasons true detective on hbo.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The questions on painexam.com are for the most part very poor. However, they do get you thinking about what you don't know and what you may want to brush up on. That makes them worthwhile to go through. Regardless, I don't know of a better source of questions.

Hi,

It sounds like the painexam.com question quality is not that great. PM if anyone one wants to share an account.

i thought they were decent. there are no other great resource of questions out there - the dannemiller questions are worse, especially since i do not remember the answers to the questions from dannemiller.

Abdi's book was okay - some of the chapters better written than others. some of the answers appeared incorrect (or at least contradicted other answers from different chapters).

it does get you thinking, and better yet, it is something one can do while waiting to see the next patient, etc. you can also get CME...

I did both dannemiller and painexam.com. Both of them together prepare you well for procedure, anesthesia and rehab part of the exam. What is deficient is psych part and I haven't find a good source to recommend. Also, I felt that basic science part of dannemiller is overkill and there are not that many questions on it either.

How is the thepassmachine.com? What is quality of the course ? HOw about the question bank? Is it better than Dannemiller Course?

PM, if anyone wants to share study resources to take the exam in Sept 2014