Pakistan or Malaysia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m_s1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian citizen but I'm doing pre-med in the U.S. Since I'm considered an international student, my tuition for med school is way too expensive and the number of medical schools that even consider international students is limited. Canadian med schools are pretty much the same even though it would be easier for me to apply as a citizen in Canada then it would be for U.S. medical schools.

But I'm interested in med schools in either Malaysia or Pakistan. I have heard a lot of people going to Lahore to study medicine but I don't hear so much about Malaysia. Would anyone here know if someone has been successful in studying medicine in Malaysia then returned for a residency in the U.S.?

Help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Traveling to Malaysia or Pakistan for medical studies is quite a unique thought for a Canadian citizen. I hope you understand that it is not same as studying in US. Each country has its own dynamics Canada and US are almost alike that's why you find it easy to study in US. When you will travel to Malaysia or Pakistan the biggest difficult you'll face will be the language. In Pakistan they speak Urdu or Punjabi and in Malaysia they speak Malay.

The people you have heard of going to Lahore must have some background from Lahore, either their parents are from Lahore or they had someone who knew about Pakistan at personal level. I would advise you to travel to Pakistan without any such background.

Naqvi
----------------------------------\
travelpackagecompare.com