Palm Beach Atlantic c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krh636

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for palm beach atlantic class of 2019 so figured I would start one!...I received confirmation of my pharmas received on 11/24/2014 and received confirmation of my supplemental application on 12/1/2014...how long does it usually take between submitting the supplemental and receiving an invite for an interview??

Members don't see this ad.

it should be within a week for them to give you a call for an interview :D

it should be within a week for them to give you a call for an interview :D
It has been a week and 2 days so I emailed them just to confirm that they received my scores and recommendation letters

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my supplemental 11/10 and received an invite to interview 12/1.

For both me and my friend, we got an interview fairly quickly as soon as we submitted our supplemental essay, but as rnh1023 posted, it can be a couple of weeks. Just hang tight :)

I got an interview for January 16th, I haven't heard from them for a while so I emailed the admissions office and I got an email saying they had called me to set up a date for an interview, I never received a call or a voicemail so who knows what happened

I had my interview yesterday and it was amazing they make you feel so welcomed.....they said we would hear within 2 weeks but has anybody heard sooner than that?

they called me today and said i got accepted!! :D

they called me today and said i got accepted!! :D
Congrats! I have an interview this Friday and I'm little nervous about it. Would you mind sharing your experiences about the interview, and what's the professionalism assessment?

Congrats! I have an interview this Friday and I'm little nervous about it. Would you mind sharing your experiences about the interview, and what's the professionalism assessment?

I loved the interview and the people were so nice there, you check in with Rose and you wait a little bit in the conference room with the other interviewees then you go to a classroom where the Dean talks for about an hour going over key points of the school and you have to introduce yourself, then go to chapel for about an hour, then you go to lunch for about an hour where current students talk to you for Q and A, then you split into 3 groups, one group goes on a tour of the entire campus, one group goes to interviews and one group goes on a tour of just the pharmacy building and you rotate after each group done, the campus tour was fun you get to ride on golf carts and then you take the professionalism assessment which is anonymous and is just giving your opinion you don't need to prepare or anything

I loved the interview and the people were so nice there, you check in with Rose and you wait a little bit in the conference room with the other interviewees then you go to a classroom where the Dean talks for about an hour going over key points of the school and you have to introduce yourself, then go to chapel for about an hour, then you go to lunch for about an hour where current students talk to you for Q and A, then you split into 3 groups, one group goes on a tour of the entire campus, one group goes to interviews and one group goes on a tour of just the pharmacy building and you rotate after each group done, the campus tour was fun you get to ride on golf carts and then you take the professionalism assessment which is anonymous and is just giving your opinion you don't need to prepare or anything
Great!! Thanks for the information, waiting to go there! And Congrats again!

Great!! Thanks for the information, waiting to go there! And Congrats again!

Thank you!! And good luck I'm sure u will do great it was a great interview day

I just got an interview for PBA for the 2/27th. Im really excited.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give a little more info on what the interview was like. Mine is next week and I am really nervous!

I posted a description above so look at the previous posts

Yeah I read it but I mean more along the lines of the actual interview. Like closed file or open file

Can anyone give a little more info on what the interview was like. Mine is next week and I am really nervous!

Mines is on friday. I will tell you all about it, friday night when I come back.

I've heard its very pleasant though.

I interviewed 02/20 and was accepted 02/25. They are very friendly, nothing to be nervous about.

Congratulations! Did they ask you any unique questions?

Okay thank you! Best of luck to you!

Make sure you send them a CV/Resume. A week before my appointment, I was told I needed to send them a resume, so get one of these prepared if you dont have one. Since they're asking for one, maybe they will ask some questions from your resume. This CV is basically like a job resume... No idea why they want it, but they do want it.

Okay thanks for the heads up!

Very pleasant experience. The staff is super friendly and they spend a lot of time teaching you about the school and what their school has to offer. Quite frankly, I think PBA is an excellent school and they changed my opinion of their school. The staff at this school REALLY want you to succeed. They will even pay for you to have a private tutor if you fail a test or are having a hard time. Everyone there is very close knit, its like one big family. Though I'm not christian, I found the experience to be very welcoming. The actual interview was only 15 minutes, the majority of the time you spend learning about their school and touring the campus. They also go on missionaries to other countries during the summer every year and practically everyone is welcome to come. If you are willing to pay a little extra money, and want to get more one on one instruction, PBA is definitely the way to go.

If you want more details, PM me.

Just got the call from lucas. I am accepted into 2019 class.

Surprised they accepted me so fast. Now I have an interview with NOVA tomorrow. I'm a lot less nervous now lol.

I love the fact that PBA, gets back to you so soon about everything. They're very fast and professional and they really value you there.

Last edited:
Congratulations I have my interview tomorrow

Had my interview today. Great school. Lots to offer I loved it

I apply in a couple years and Im just curious on your stats. PBA is my dream school and any advice you could offer would be awesome!

I don't know to much about Nova but I like PVA because it's smaller.

I will have to check it out! I apply fall(2016), I am so excited!

Have you decided between Pba and nova??

Yea, I ended up choosing NOVA.

PBA is a great school and they really do have a lot to offer but NOVA ends up being 50,000-70,000 cheaper because, I live 30 mins from NOVA but 2 1/2 hours away from PBA which means I would have to move and I have a 2 year old daughter so being closer to my family suits me a lot better. Though, I do think I was always a little biased with NOVA, I had my eyes set on them since intro to chem :) I'm officially a Shark now but I look forward to working with you PBA guys :)

I sent them an email explaining to them my decision and I still do think they're a great school.

Hi everyone, I'll be applying this year and I was wondering if you guys could share your stats :) PBA is my dream school and my number one choice!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I'll be applying this year and I was wondering if you guys could share your stats :) PBA is my dream school and my number one choice!
Haha, PBA is also my first choice. From what I here, 3.3 is the average GPA and 55-65 is the average pcat. They also give preference to those with degrees.

Here are my stats, I have not applied yet!
GPA (total): 3.82
GPA (M/C/B/P): 3.52
Extra curic: non so far, i am going to join campus outreach at my school next semester and I have a required volunteering class this summer (40 hrs)
Taking pharm tech exam in June, then shadow I hope!
Major: Business
PCAT: I take that next summer and I apply next summer 2016

I was accepted this year but declined it but here's my stats

Science gpa and overall gpa 3.5

Pcat 59

No pharmacy experience but 8 years at vet's office and lots of extracurriculars

4 solid letters of reference from one veterinarian, speech professor, organic chem professor and microbiology professor

Good luck!!