Palm Beach Atlantic University - PBA Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were 17 of us.

Members don't see this ad.

That's a big group! Hope u get the good news soon!

Okay...everyone is starting to scare me! Seeing so many of you accepted (Congrats, by the way), makes me wonder how many seats are even left! I just sent my application in this week! I know they have been interviewing for a while and since it's rolling admissions, now I'm more scared after reading this. Although, now that I think about it, I guess it's kind of silly really. I mean, if it's God's will then He's got it under control. I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of that for some reason. I would like to know- if you guys don't mind- what your gpa (science, math, overall) and PCAT scores were like. My PCAT score isn't all that hot. The timing really hurt my chem and math, plus the study book I used didn't have a very good math review! Most of the stuff I saw on the actual test wasn't even in there! It barely reviewed calculus and since it had been 8 years since I took the class, that plus the time issue really hurt my score. Do you know how heavily they weigh the PCAT? I would LOVE to go to this school (other then the $$$)!!! This school and USF I really feel are a wonderful fit for me! I would really appreciate any feedback and advice. Congratulations to those of you who have gotten in! That's got to feel great!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay...everyone is starting to scare me! Seeing so many of you accepted (Congrats, by the way), makes me wonder how many seats are even left! I just sent my application in this week! I know they have been interviewing for a while and since it's rolling admissions, now I'm more scared after reading this. Although, now that I think about it, I guess it's kind of silly really. I mean, if it's God's will then He's got it under control. I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of that for some reason. I would like to know- if you guys don't mind- what your gpa (science, math, overall) and PCAT scores were like. My PCAT score isn't all that hot. The timing really hurt my chem and math, plus the study book I used didn't have a very good math review! Most of the stuff I saw on the actual test wasn't even in there! It barely reviewed calculus and since it had been 8 years since I took the class, that plus the time issue really hurt my score. Do you know how heavily they weigh the PCAT? I would LOVE to go to this school (other then the $$$)!!! This school and USF I really feel are a wonderful fit for me! I would really appreciate any feedback and advice. Congratulations to those of you who have gotten in! That's got to feel great!!!

I had an interview scheduled for February 3rd but I am withdrawing my application today. Hopefully this opens up a spot for you or another worthy candidate! Best wishes :)

The Future: I'm a bit anxious too! I hope to hear soon! Pharmacy 945: what made you withdraw your application if you dont mind me asking?

Hey Pharmy03! I missed a phone call today! I hope its good news!! Hey whats your name?

Just spoke to Rose and she gave me the best news anyone can ever hear!!!!!!!!!!! I got accepted to PBA School of Pharmacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):banana::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:Glory to God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations guys!!! I just talked to Rose too!!!! Im ACCEPTED!!!!!!:D:D:D

Congrats everyone cant wait to meet you guys next year!!!! add yourselves to our facebook group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Pharmy03! I missed a phone call today! I hope its good news!! Hey whats your name?

My names Matt. Looking forward to seeing you all next year I'm pretty sure I'm accepting my seat.

Does anybody know when we'll receive information regarding financial aid and how to pay for everything?

I just interviewed at PBA last week and I must say I was very impressed. I went in knowing I was already accepted at Nova which was my #1 choice.

I have to say.... I'm really torn on which to go to now. PBA is a 30-45 minutes drive for me each day and Nova would only be a 20-30 minute drive, but the smaller class sizes and more intimate setting might be worth it.

Has anyone else on here get accepted to both places and have some input? :confused:

I just interviewed at PBA last week and I must say I was very impressed. I went in knowing I was already accepted at Nova which was my #1 choice.

I have to say.... I'm really torn on which to go to now. PBA is a 30-45 minutes drive for me each day and Nova would only be a 20-30 minute drive, but the smaller class sizes and more intimate setting might be worth it.

Has anyone else on here get accepted to both places and have some input? :confused:

I got into both of those schools and South University in Savannah too. I just paid my deposit at PBA because I liked the environment much more than the ones at the other two schools. The intimate setting is a HUGE selling point for me coming from a larger undergrad university (UF) and I just felt more comfortable there than I did at Nova where the interview process seemed a little bit just strung together and somewhat meaningless. On top of it, I liked the people around the campus at PBA much more, everyone was extremely nice and very helpful.

Hope this helps, and home to see you in the fall!

I completely agree with pharmy... I got accepted to Lecom and Palm Beach Atlantic. Lecom is probably 45 minutes from my house, where Palm Beach is a 4 hour drive. To me it was a no brainer. The small class size and the quality of help the faculty offers at Palm Beach Atlantic is what impressed me the most. They really seem to care about you being successful. But in the end it really depends what the best learning environment is for you.

Good luck! Im sure you'll make the right choice!

Thanks for input guys, I really loved PBA when I was there. I'm not religious by any means but the school gave me good vibes :)
I'll be paying the deposit and declining my other offers as soon as my acceptance packet gets here in the mail. I can't wait for Fall!

Hi guys,

I have my interview this upcoming Friday 24th. Any feedback from those who had recent interviews? I know its been said not to worry about the assessment but I can't help it, :scared:. Any tips are more than welcome, thanks, and Congrats to those who are already accepted! :)

Hi guys,

I have my interview this upcoming Friday 24th. Any feedback from those who had recent interviews? I know its been said not to worry about the assessment but I can't help it, :scared:. Any tips are more than welcome, thanks, and Congrats to those who are already accepted! :)

I'm sure you'll be just fine, the whole day was pretty relaxed. The assessment was at the very end and I don't think they put a lot of weight on it. I'm pretty sure I got at least one question completely wrong but I can't remember since I was really sick the day of my interview. I posted some interview feedback which should help.

http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/pba-pharm/survey/26

Good luck.

Anybody get accepted this year who is not a Christian? Just curious. I have an interview on March 23rd!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Just received a call today that I am accepted!! I have an interview with Nova next week, but Im pretty sure I have already decided to go to PBA. Anyone else on here from the February 24th interview?

Hi! Just received a call today that I am accepted!! I have an interview with Nova next week, but Im pretty sure I have already decided to go to PBA. Anyone else on here from the February 24th interview?

Congratulations! I interviewed at both places as well but PBA as my final choice. Good luck at your interview with Nova. Let us know what you decide.

I was also from the Feb 24 interview and was accepted!!! :D
I interviewed for NOVA on the 2/21 but haven't heard from them, and I have two more upcoming interviews (leecom and UF)
I was so surprised at how much I liked PBA!!

I accepted my offer at PBA! Im super excited to start in the fall! :D

Hi guys!
those of you who have had interview.. What kind of questions to expect at the interview?
Also they do math assessment and essays?

How to prepare for that?
Any help will be appreciated :)

I have interview here and like usual..I am really nervous.

They have written assessment and math assessment.. can anyone give feedback on that ? people who have already interviewed.

Any feedback/suggestions will be appreciated :)

Do not worry about the written and math assessment. They are both very simple and straight forward. Everyone there is really nice and friendly so try to not stress too much.

Do not worry about the written and math assessment. They are both very simple and straight forward. Everyone there is really nice and friendly so try to not stress too much.

thanks for your suggestion:)
also what kind of questions did they ask ?? like just personal questions?

hey has anyone who has been accepted started looking for a place to stay?? If any guy is looking for a roommate let me know!

Hi guys,

I'm a pharmacy student and I'm looking for a roommate in my 2 bed, 2 bath apartment unit. If anyone is looking for a place, let me know. The apartment is close to the PBA campus, is in a secure gated community, has a resort-style feel, etc.

any one here has any idea of writing the supplement essay for PBA . i am really struck at this topic and i am applying to PBA
"Describe in 300-500 words the intersection of your faith journey with your collegiate goals at PBA"