Palm Beach Atlantic University - PBA class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ray1001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone applied yet or plan to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I was part of the first batch that went out through ParmCas, but havent heard anything back yet after they said my app was on hold due to missing PCAT scores. What about you?

Yeah, I was part of the first batch that went out through ParmCas, but havent heard anything back yet after they said my app was on hold due to missing PCAT scores. What about you?
Waiting for 2 LORs and should be submitting my application for early admission this Friday. A little worried about my PCAT score (not the best) but my GPA is better than average. I received a tour of the campus and was impressed. The admissions staff is crazy friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to sound stupid but is your religion a deciding factor to go here?

The admissions director told me the students religious background is irrelevant, but I would think being a Christian is a plus.

The admissions director told me the students religious background is irrelevant, but I would think being a Christian is a plus.

In that case I might apply lol. I just can't see being asked whats your religious beliefs, me answering agnostic, and having a chance lol. But ill keep an eye on this school.

I was the first PharmCAS batch too, i still haven't heard anything have you?

I was the first PharmCAS batch too, i still haven't heard anything have you?
What do you mean when you say "first Pharmcas batch"? Were there a group of people that applied at the same time?

In that case I might apply lol. I just can't see being asked whats your religious beliefs, me answering agnostic, and having a chance lol. But ill keep an eye on this school.

I talked to some people who interviewed there. They said they make you pray. Which I would not be interested in. But to each his own I suppose.

I talked to some people who interviewed there. They said they make you pray. Which I would not be interested in. But to each his own I suppose.

Yea..... That's not for me. NEXT lol

I just received an interview invitation for september 20th, will anyone else be there?

I'm currently a PBA pharmacy student, and they accept people of all religions. In my class we have agnostics, Christians of all sorts, and Muslims. They definitely do not discriminate based on religion for admittance.

However, if you are not comfortable in a school that prays, PBA might not be the best fit. We have chapel requirements, the teachers pray with/for us before exams and quizzes, and religion is often integrated into the courses. While I personally enjoy having prayerful instructors and going to chapel, I don't like having such things required sometimes and I don't always agree with some of the messages that could make non-Christians feel awkward. There are pros and cons of course. :) Most non-Christians just ignore the messages or pick out parts that can serve as good life lessons even without a belief in Christ/God/whatever.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it would help! Good luck, everyone!

I had interview there on Friday September 20th
And I'm not Christian but the chapel was fine I think.
Still waiting for the answer tho 3 days seems like 3 weeks now ugghhhh

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call today
And I am accepted to the class of 2018

Just got a call today
And I am accepted to the class of 2018

Congratulations!!! Would you mind telling me how the interview set up was like? I'm guessing introduction, tour & then individual interview?

Congratulations!!! Would you mind telling me how the interview set up was like? I'm guessing introduction, tour & then individual interview?

Yeah
Starting with word from Dean then chapel then small lunch while Q&A with current students
After this people will split in group some will go campus tour and some will go right to interview
And finish with the survey and that's it

Yeah
Starting with word from Dean then chapel then small lunch while Q&A with current students
After this people will split in group some will go campus tour and some will go right to interview

Thanks for the insight!

I had interview there on Friday September 20th
And I'm not Christian but the chapel was fine I think.
Still waiting for the answer tho 3 days seems like 3 weeks now ugghhhh

I just received an invitation from them today :) i was worried I wouldn't even hear from them because I'm not Christian but I did! Since you said you're not Christian I was also wondering how you felt about everything there?

I just received an invitation from them today :) i was worried I wouldn't even hear from them because I'm not Christian but I did! Since you said you're not Christian I was also wondering how you felt about everything there?

I got accepted there and I gave up my spot for other people since nova is my first choice
And to be honest my experience at PBA is much better than Nova
I am more impress in PBA
But I just don't want to move anywhere

I got accepted there and I gave up my spot for other people since nova is my first choice
And to be honest my experience at PBA is much better than Nova
I am more impress in PBA
But I just don't want to move anywhere

Understandable. I don't know as much about PBA compared to NOVA but thank you for your opinion!

I had a great experience, you will feel welcomed. I also like that they incorporate faith into their learning curriculum, any anyone else will be part of the 2018 class let me know.

Hi, i have an interview here on nov. 1st and was wondering how the interview format was like? Is there still a basic math, bio, and chem assessment test during the interview or has it been removed?

Yeah
Hey i was wondering how long your interview was ? Also any questions they asked that stumbled you ?

Hey i was wondering how long your interview was ? Also any questions they asked that stumbled you ?
Not too long mine took 20 mins
3 people interview you and they each have their own questions
They are all pretty much basic stuff they want to know how you handle the course load and how you study and stuff

Anyone from the Nov. 15 interview get accepted yet ?

Hi everyone.
I had the opportunity to get invited for an interview November 15th. I am now class of 2018 @ GSOP!
Good luck to everyone. And happy holidays!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone.
I had the opportunity to get invited for an interview November 15th. I am now class of 2018 @ GSOP!
Hey congrats on the acceptance! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm so nervous! They just received my supplemental, when can I expect interview invitations ???

Hi everyone.
CONGRATS girl! I have my interview Jan 31 im so nervous!!!

Hey congrats on the interview! I was wondering if you would be able to share your stats
Hey no problem! I feel like I see everyone saying on this forum that they scored 99 % on pcat and I got no where near that! I honestly felt hopeless lol!

Pcat : 47%
GPA : 3.71
Bachelors in psychology
1 yr pharmacy experience

I hope that helps :)

Hey no problem! I feel like I see everyone saying on this forum that they scored 99 % on pcat and I got no where near that! I honestly felt hopeless lol!

Pcat : 47%
GPA : 3.71
Bachelors in psychology
1 yr pharmacy experience

I hope that helps :)
Wow great stats! Best of luck on the interview !

Professional assessment? I got my letter stating there was a Professional assessment, and I am a bit concerned at what that entails?

Hey congrats on the acceptance! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I once thought becoming a pharmacistwas un-attainable without a 99% in the Pcat. It is not true, somewhere in the way I decided a number would not define me.

Pcat: 31%
GPA: 3.50
Bachelor in biopharmaceuticals

1 year pharmacy experience.

Good luck to you!

CONGRATS girl! I have my interview Jan 31 im so nervous!!!
Don't be!
It's hard to believe these words because I didn't either when I had mine. EVERYONE at GSOP are AMAZING. I had the opportunity to interview to different places and no one came close to them, they will make you feel at ease, promise.
Do not worry about the assessment , no prior knowledge is required, it is nothing you should worry about.

Best of luck, you will do great!

Keep me posted, this way I'll know of someone coming into school :)

Don't be!
It's hard to believe these words because I didn't either when I had mine. EVERYONE at GSOP are AMAZING. I had the opportunity to interview to different places and no one came close to them, they will make you feel at ease, promise.
Do not worry about the assessment , no prior knowledge is required, it is nothing you should worry about.

Thank you so much! God willing if I get in we should definitely get to know each other, it would be nice to know someone before getting to school lol!
Anyways congrats again!!!!!!!

Don't be!

Could elobrate a little on some of the questions they asked you?

Congratulations by the way on your acceptance!!!

Hello everyone! Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted!! I know it's a bit late but I just applied to PBA. I'm really nervous! Would anyone mind telling me how long it takes to hear back from PBA about whether or not we will receive an interview? Also, is there anyone that can discuss the workload, the curriculum etc...

Everyone at the January 31st interview.. This wait is killing me lol. I know it has only been a few days but I am anxious for their decision!!! :(

Hello everyone! Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted!! I know it's a bit late but I just applied to PBA. I'm really nervous! Would anyone mind telling me how long it takes to hear back from PBA about whether or not we will receive an interview? Also, is there anyone that can discuss the workload, the curriculum etc...
After they received my supplemental it took maybe a few days before I heard back for an interview. They are amazing at letting you know quickly.

I applied on a Wednesday and on a Friday they were contacting me with a interview opening. They are truly great with timing, eases the pain of the dreaded "waiting - time " . Anyhow, how did it go for those who interviewed on the 31st. I heard back from them around Wednesday of the following week after the interview ....
Best of Luck to everyone!

:soexcited::claps:

Yo
I applied on a Wednesday and on a Friday they were contacting me with a interview opening. They are truly great with timing, eases the pain of the dreaded "waiting - time " . Anyhow, how did it go for those who interviewed on the 31st. I heard back from them around Wednesday of the following week after the interview ....
Best of Luck to everyone!

:soexcited::claps:
You were so right, It was the best interview I could have asked for! It was the most amazing and supportive atmosphere I have ever seen! Hopefully we will hear back sometimes this week!

I interviewed on January 31st, I think my interview went great. It was laid back and I love the atmosphere. Still waiting to see if I'm accepted. Can't keep mind off it.

Everyone at the January 31st interview.. This wait is killing me lol. I know it has only been a few days but I am anxious for their decision!!! :(
The anxiety is killing me too lol