Pangaea WW - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Night 0:

Pangaea.gif

The Earth has finally settled down after 700 million years (give or take a few thousand) of intense volcanic turmoil and space debris bombardment. You all are the competing lifeforms in the age of Pangaea. It is a cutthroat kind of world, but you may find alliances take you far, or bite you in the ass. This is a world where the laws of nature reign supreme, so it is up to you to evolve, adapt and survive.

deinosuchus_and_albertosaurus.jpg

There is no mayor, as only complete madness rules. What does this mean for day 1 you ask? It means we start life with the night cycle and hope the morning brings clarity. Please use this time, however, to help us with deadlines. Schedules are pretty busy so expect longer timelines.

PMing has been addressed in any applicable role descriptions. Otherwise, you may have signed up with your buddies, but it means jack squat.

All normal WWrules apply. You noobs should have played enough games by now to know them. If you have to ask, ask, but expect ridicule. Also expect swift punishment should these laws be broken.

No direct quoting of any kind on the thread.

And with that, GET ACTIONS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please include both Lupin & kaydubs for PMs. We reserve the right to mod-kill any inactive players. Contingencies are encouraged!)

TENTATIVE DEADLINE: 12pm EST/11am CST

There are 26 players in the game.

Eurasia

1. @devyn
2. @LetItSnow (LIS)
3. @dyachei
4. @DVMDream (DVMD)
5. @shortnsweet

Americas
6. @Escalla
7. @Chillbo Baggins
8. @Cyndia
9. @VetAshley2117
10. @Lissarae06

Africa
11. @Ashgirl
12. @Romoret
13. @nyanko
14. @Flim Flam Man
15. @thedrjojo

India
16. @brightimpressio
17. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @98cats
20. @SummerTheLynx

Austr-arctica
21. @WillowLeaf
22. @Gwenevre
23. @hedgiehog
24. @epivetlove
25. @swingnsave
26. @Frozenshades

Members don't see this ad.

How did a WW game thread go up and have zero replies for almost 3 hours? The write up looked so lonely...

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally thought this game was going to be Miles Davis themed.

DavisPangaea.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Jokes, bloodthirsty mods are the best! :love:

Velociraptors, on the other hand, are not. And for a depressing, make you feel old fact, jurassic park is over 20 years old now.. Used to be one of my favourite movies!

velociraptors.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps I do this but rather than velociraptors, I'm thinking zombie apocalypse....

ALSO: YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU WANT DEADLINES!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, I'll make them all willy-nilly & base them solely on which time zone I like that day!

I'd like to request a UK/Ireland friendly lynch deadline if possible.. Don't particularly care when the night one is, but I'd really like to be around for ends of lynches.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm usually up till about 1am, so I'm fine with anything up till then if it makes it easier for the west coasters. Not sure what deyvn dvmd and sns prefer though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm east coast until Monday night. But 6:30 works for me.

I'm cool with whatever times, during the week it's a little hard to check in because of work but I can manage.

Lynch deadline will tentatively be 6:30PM EST/11:30PM UK/ 5:30PM CST/3:30PM PST unless the West Coast/PST people object.
I object! What is this marlarkey! Move to a real country already! You too west coasters!

In pangea, it appears that the East Coast and UK should have relatively the same timezone, so I will go under that assumption and tell the UKers to suck it up!

I'm just playing, IDGAF when deadlines are, just please state them apriori and stick to them unless there is a compelling reason (plurality with no good defense/wolf brag)...

I object! What is this marlarkey! Move to a real country already! You too west coasters!

In pangea, it appears that the East Coast and UK should have relatively the same timezone, so I will go under that assumption and tell the UKers to suck it up!

If you pay attention to that map, the UK doesn't move nearly as much as the US, therefore, in Pangea, the east coast of the US would have a more similar time zone to the UK and you should adjust your time..... ;) :p

Reactions: 2 users
Censored picture: Text "Grammar: the difference between knowing your excrement and knowing you're excrement"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If you pay attention to that map, the UK doesn't move nearly as much as the US, therefore, in Pangea, the east coast of the US would have a more similar time zone to the UK and you should adjust your time..... ;) :p
Time zones are artificially decided anyway, and since we all know the world is centered around NYC, whatever the time is there is what is most important

That deadline is fine with me, as well.

Lynch deadline will tentatively be 6:30PM EST/11:30PM UK/ 5:30PM CST/3:30PM PST unless the West Coast/PST people object.

Don't really care what you do but I guarantee starting Monday I won't make any of the lynched if they're at 5:30. I probably won't even get votes in unless night ends a few hours later so I can vote the evening before.

For me, I am usually up until around 1AM anyway. So if lynch goes to then, that is fine. Not sure about the other UKers and Irelanders, although I think we are all late night peoples.

For me, I am usually up until around 1AM anyway. So if lynch goes to then, that is fine. Not sure about the other UKers and Irelanders, although I think we are all late night peoples.

I will be in spain this weekend... I will have limited internet access.... and I will be imbibed with the booze.... you may or may not hear from me depending on my drunken status