Paperwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Furrball

Faking sincerity daily
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished and mailed the ginormous pile of paperwork my program sent me, whew hew! Anybody else surprised by the size of the stack of paper they got in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

No, not really. Contract is only three pages. But apartment and housing guide are a lot. :) Which program start to grill you at this early point?

Furrball said:
I just finished and mailed the ginormous pile of paperwork my program sent me, whew hew! Anybody else surprised by the size of the stack of paper they got in the mail?

shala said:
No, not really. Contract is only three pages. But apartment and housing guide are a lot. :) Which program start to grill you at this early point?
that would be Michigan :p

Members don't see this ad :)
shala said:

University of Michigan, the application for appointment was seven pages, then there is the identification page with yet another 2x2" photograph, sign off on a background check, the pages I had to sign for the VA part of the appointment, my health services vaccination record, photocopy of my step 2 score, blah, blah...23 different documents including lab coat and scrubs order forms. When you have to stop and refill your pen halfway through you know there is a lot of pages. Also six or seven of the pages had to be notarized. Luckily our Dean's office has a notary public who will notarize for free. The actual acceptance letter was a paragraph and one signature. I suppose I had better get used to lots of paper work for the sake of paper work :)

Jamezuva said:
that would be Michigan :p

Did you also get the even larger housing information packet?

I'm asked for 3 references. Come on, wasn't that what the ERAS letter's of rec are all about. A big packet of paperwork but not too bad otherwise.

swedcrip said:
I'm asked for 3 references. Come on, wasn't that what the ERAS letter's of rec are all about. A big packet of paperwork but not too bad otherwise.

It was the third time they asked for the list of schools I attended when I wanted to write,"read my CV." I regained composure and moved on.

Furrball said:
It was the third time they asked for the list of schools I attended when I wanted to write,"read my CV." I regained composure and moved on.

Hey, I went through this when I started my research fellowship. You are probably filling out the same application that any hosptial/university employee fills out. I actually did submit my CV and on the paper application I wrote, "see CV". No one said anything. I have been happily employed for the last 2.75 years. I think these things are necessary for the criminal background checks they are requried to run.

retroviridae said:
Hey, I went through this when I started my research fellowship. You are probably filling out the same application that any hosptial/university employee fills out. I actually did submit my CV and on the paper application I wrote, "see CV". No one said anything. I have been happily employed for the last 2.75 years. I think these things are necessary for the criminal background checks they are requried to run.

Oh I understand that. Actually on one of the froms in red it said "do not write "refer to CV." It was just an impressively tall pile of paper.

Furrball said:
Did you also get the even larger housing information packet?
:laugh: actually, I'm not going to Michigan....I just remember your post in the Match results thread

Jamezuva said:
:laugh: actually, I'm not going to Michigan....I just remember your post in the Match results thread

Ahh maan.... :p Where are you headed / where are you?

Furrball said:
Ahh maan.... :p Where are you headed / where are you?
I'll be down the street at Wash U....we can argue about the relative greatness of each of our programs like MidwestMD and KingofHearts did before us ;) :laugh:

Jamezuva said:
I'll be down the street at Wash U....we can argue about the relative greatness of each of our programs like MidwestMD and KingofHearts did before us ;) :laugh:

Or we could argue about whose town is a cooler place to live. Pretty short argument since I have never been to St Louis. At least one of my classmates will be with you at Wash U.