parents are funny in this process :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to relay something that happened to me today:

my mailbox is still knocked over, so my mom goes to the post office bright and early every morning to pick up the mail. i was on my way to work this morning and i get a call on my cell phone. it was my mom, and she had this excited tone in her voice..... so here's the conversation:
*ring ring*
me: hello?
mom: hi! there's a letter here from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
me: cool!
mom: i wanna open it. please can i open it?
me: sure I guess, it's probably just a fee form or something
mom: i still wanna open it.

so she opens it. as i suspected it was just the fee form for the secondary, but she was so excited to see it... we made a deal for the future though... when i'm at school and letters start coming in for rejections/acceptances, she is not going to call me unless it's good news. I didn't even bother to tell her not to open them because it would kill her. she'd probably try to read through the envelope. :) It's cool she's so excited about the process.

Members don't see this ad.

ha ha! my mom gets excited to. come to think of it, she doesn't even ask if she can open them.

when i was applying to grad school she came into my office with a weird look on her face. she told me i got rejected from berkeley but still had a funny look on her face. then she told me i got into harvard. ha! it was so funny -- totally not what i expected.

Another great parent story:

I go to Rutgers, and if you know Rutgers, you know that there are about five thousand places that one person could be at any one moment.

This one guy had a mom similar to mine i guess (she opened his letters from med schools). He was working out in the gym minding his own business when he hears a cork pop, to turn around and see his mother standing there beaming with a bottle of champagne and balloons. The whole gym started applauding, not knowing why, and the mother shouted "He got into med school!!!!"

How she found him in that big university is beyond me!
Share your funny application process parent stories! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! I will be drinking not only shampaign when get accepted :p .
My mom is excited about the whole process too. It feels that I am not alone in this.

mah parents don't know shiznat about shiznat. it's like harvard, is that a good school? ya heard?

Yeah, my dad does the same thing. He'll open everything...stealing the excitement away from me. He's nuts, but I luv him!

:love:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
parents out in CA: well, any news today?
blitz in FL: yep, some more secondaries..
parents: where?
blitz in FL: yale, dartmouth, cornell..
parents: OH WOW
blitz: it's not a big deal..everyone gets them!
parents: you dont know that!
blitz: ya, I do...it says it here (either in the email or MSAR)
parents: well, that's still great! We're so proud of you.

I think to myself: uh..hahaha..ok. Parents are always nice cheerleaders..

LOL!! That's just how my parents are! :D

Seeing as how my parents didn't even go to college, they were pretty clueless about the medical school process. I submitted my AMCAS last year in August and not even two weeks later, my mom is calling me to tell me about letters I got from different schools. I knew that they were either secondaries or rejections but my mom would ask me "you got a letter from X school today, did you get accepted?" So, I'd tell her "no, mom. I have to go to interviews first." It was so funny. No matter how many times I told them, they always asked "So, what schools have accepted you?," like it was so easy to get multiple, multiple acceptances!!!
Also, concerning financial aid, my mom was asking me one day.."So, how are you going to pay for school?" So, I'd tell her "loans." and she'd say "What? Loans! You have to pay those back right?" So...I'd say "Yes, mom." And she'd say "****, I didn't want you to have to pay for anything, I thought you had the money." Yeah, right, I have about 120K right here, no problem!!!

I have to say though that my grandmother was the funniest!!! I went to visit here in December for Christmas. At that time, I had received secondaries but no interviews yet. So, when I went there she asked me "So, have you heard from any schools yet?" And I replied, "Yes, I've been filling out forms but I haven't received interview invitations yet, I'm just waiting to hear from all of them." So...she replies "Oh...well...your aunt Laura applied to med school too but she didn't get in either." So, I was like "OH" I mean come on, my grandma doesn't even have faith in me. She was writing me off in December!!!! It was so funny!!! Families are clueless!!!

conversation with my mom:

her: "So...how many more classes do you have?"

me: "Well, this is it for the pre-reqs, but I have to take the MCAT yet"

her: "And then you're a doctor?"

me: "No mom...I'm not even in medical school yet...then I apply to medical school"

her "And then your a doctor?"

me "well...after medical school yes"

her "So how long does THAT take?"

me "4 years"

her "4 years!? But you've taken so many classes already.....I would have thought they'de let you be one much sooner than that....."

"No. It's 4 years"

"And then you're a doctor?"

"Well.....yes...but...theres still residency"

"Residency?"

etc etc etce etc

Originally posted by zealous
Seeing as how my parents didn't even go to college, they were pretty clueless about the medical school process. I submitted my AMCAS last year in August and not even two weeks later, my mom is calling me to tell me about letters I got from different schools. I knew that they were either secondaries or rejections but my mom would ask me "you got a letter from X school today, did you get accepted?" So, I'd tell her "no, mom. I have to go to interviews first." It was so funny. No matter how many times I told them, they always asked "So, what schools have accepted you?," like it was so easy to get multiple, multiple acceptances!!!
Also, concerning financial aid, my mom was asking me one day.."So, how are you going to pay for school?" So, I'd tell her "loans." and she'd say "What? Loans! You have to pay those back right?" So...I'd say "Yes, mom." And she'd say "****, I didn't want you to have to pay for anything, I thought you had the money." Yeah, right, I have about 120K right here, no problem!!!

I have to say though that my grandmother was the funniest!!! I went to visit here in December for Christmas. At that time, I had received secondaries but no interviews yet. So, when I went there she asked me "So, have you heard from any schools yet?" And I replied, "Yes, I've been filling out forms but I haven't received interview invitations yet, I'm just waiting to hear from all of them." So...she replies "Oh...well...your aunt Laura applied to med school too but she didn't get in either." So, I was like "OH" I mean come on, my grandma doesn't even have faith in me. She was writing me off in December!!!! It was so funny!!! Families are clueless!!!

My mom does a similar type of write off thing. She just doesn't want me to get hurt. She figures if she assumes I won't get in anywhere, then I'll be OK if I don't. When I tell her what schools I'm applying to, she looks mad when I say "Harvard, Cornell, Duke" but her eyes light up when I say "Jefferson" or other schools she's never heard of...as if I'll be OK going there if she seems excitied about those non-ivy-type schools. Ag!

Oh...I also forgot to add that when my mom would receive my rejection letters, she'd conveniently forget to tell me that I got them. Here's the conversation:
Me: "hi mom, so did I get any letters recently?
Mom: "umm...yeah, I sent them all to you today."
Me: "What were they?"
Mom: "oh, stuff from your bank and a secondary from X school."
Me: "Oh, thanks mom!"

Then....when I get the big envelope she sends me, I open it up and find a few rejection letters in there. I just laugh and thinks it's funny that she felt so bad about telling me that I got some rejections, like she was the one rejecting me. So, I'd just tell her "Mom, you could have told me that I got rejections, it's okay. It won't hurt my feelings. I'd rather know right away so I wouldn't be waiting to hear from X school and waste my time."

The Boy Wonder: My parents, family, and friends ALL did that too. None of them understood that taking pre-med req's in college doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to go to whatever medical school I wanted to go to. AND they all FREAKED when I told them about 4 years of med school and probably another 4-7 years depending on my residency. I get a kick out of just telling people that because they have no clue!!

I'm not in med school yet or anything, in fact I just start college this Fall! Anyways, my parents have always been very supportive of me in school, I graduated from high school 3 yrs early. The rest of my family though hasn't always been that way. I mean, on dad's side they always said 'good job, keep it up' things like that, but they never offered to give me money or anything( they gave it to my step sister though who was a grade below me and whom I do not even live with). 2 yrs ago my mom told them I was going to college, they didn't take it seriously. So, when I graduated this year I gave out invitations to EVERYONE. Both sides of the family came to my graduation.My Nana(dad's mom) came all the way from Arkansas! I was a little surprised. what i'm trying to say is that ever since my graduation I've been offered money left and right. The support is tremendous. My Nana and Uncle have both told me,"If you need ANYTHING come to me". That's nice, I have 2 people to run to for help and my Nana even gave me a thousand $'s for graduation! I couldn't believe it. I keep telling them,"Don't worry about college, I have a scholarship, it's med school I'll need help with." I told them I'm going to be a dr, and I think their taking me seriously this time. Med school here I come! My grandmother(mom's side) said she'd pay for my books this semester, new! Everyone is sudden;y being very supportive of me and realize I'm going to be something someday. They have a lot of faith in me and that means a lot to me. sorry this message was a little off topic, but reading ya'lls posts really made me think. ;)

Ha! I'm a Mom and read this web site all the time. My son would kill me if he knew...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by opus
Ha! I'm a Mom and read this web site all the time. My son would kill me if he knew...

ha! thats hilarious! :laugh:

Originally posted by vixen

ha! thats hilarious! :laugh:

Potential matricide is hilarious???:confused: What's our society coming to?:mad:

don't listen to him opus! you keep on keepin! :p

Originally posted by opus
Opus = Jamier's mom? Oh boy!! I hope you don't visit chat too. Jamier's mom gets the worst of it in there. :D :laugh: ;)

Originally posted by zealous
It was so funny!!! Families are clueless!!!

LOL, your grandma story rocks! It's an endearing innocence. My parents are the same way. I love them all the more for it.

Yeah, so i was a senior in high school and i applied ED to Amherst college, but i kind of knew i already got in (i called the office and made up some lie about how i needed to know early for a scholarship or something, and they said "i had nothing to worry about."). But i was still waiting for the envelope...anyway, i called home from wrestling practice and my dad said "you got a letter from amherst," but i heard this weird breathing in the background. I didn't know what it was, until my mom shouted "you got in!". Haha, i told them not to open my letter, but i guess it's as much as their victory as it was mine. Anyway, i transferred a year later...

I found out I'd gotten into my top-choice school the day my mom was due to arrive from a vacation in Spain. I had to go to work that afternoon and figured I could tell her in person quietly at home. Instead of going home, she came to my work from the airport with her suitcase asking to borrow my car to get home. I just gave her the keys without thinking twice. I forgot the letter was in my passenger seat. By the time I remembered she was gone. Needless to say I missed her initial reaction, but I knew she'd found the envelope when I saw the grin on her face when she picked me up.

I recently went to visit extended family in Canada and they were asking my future plans. When i said I wanted to go to med school they said "what? I thought you already went to med school?" Nice that they have so much confidence in me!!

....is that my mom and grandmother think that I'll know acceptances super early too. I have to explain to them that I probably won't know until Novemberish at the earliest. they've both gotten better about asking "did you get in yet" though.... :)

Originally posted by smilez428
....is that my mom and grandmother think that I'll know acceptances super early too. I have to explain to them that I probably won't know until Novemberish at the earliest. they've both gotten better about asking "did you get in yet" though.... :)

HA!! This is my family, too! They're already asking me if I got in... and I'm just starting to send back secondaries. It's really great that they're being so supportive, but I think that they're going to take it harder than I am when the rejection letters start rolling in! They all think I'm a shoo-in, and they don't believe me when I say that no one is a shoo-in, least of all me with my stellar (sarcasm) GPA. But it's nice to know they're rooting for me! :D

1993---College EMT Class Extra Credit 6Month Process

Conversation:

Mom: So if you take this class and become a paramedic you get half off from medical school right?

Me: Uh No mother... and I'm not becoming a paramedic just an EMT.

Mom: What's the difference?

Me: Less drugs, same responsiblity

Mom: Oh
***Silence***
So if you go to paramedic school then you get half off medical school right?

***Thump, Thump, Thump*** (Me beating phone into floor of apartment.

Me: Bye mother

Mom: What did I say?

**Another two hours of conversation along the same lines.**
My parents are cool and even though they drive me insane I love interactions like this because it shows me that even though they are clueless about med school, they know a lot about loving and supporting me.:love:

Originally posted by silvercholla
1993---College EMT Class Extra Credit 6Month Process

***Thump, Thump, Thump*** (Me beating phone into floor of apartment.

sure that's not you banging your head into the wall?????? :laugh: :laugh:

Mom: So if you take this class and become a paramedic you get half off from medical school right?

I've frequently been amused at what people think is equivalent to med school. I used to teach a personal health class at a community college and multiple times I had students who thought that I was expecting them to learn as much as is taught in med school!!!:rolleyes:

If they only knew...:eek:

[My mom, my aunt, and me in the room]

Mom: Did you know Rick is pre-med?

Aunt: [looking at me] Thats wonderful! Let me ask you something. I've had this pain in my leg for the last few days...

Originally posted by Fenrezz

Aunt: [looking at me] Thats wonderful! Let me ask you something. I've had this pain in my leg for the last few days...

Hahahahaha... that happens to me like once a week... depending on who I'm answering, I usually either say that I'm not a doctor yet or I make up some ambiguous "Crossing Over w/ John Edwards" BS that they usually buy. :)

Originally posted by Fenrezz

Wow, that sounds like my family. Only I'm an EMT AND I do clinical research on arthritis... everytime someone has any little ache or pain, they think I have all the answers. And really, I don't. And I really don't want to discuss the troubles my uncle has been having with his large intestine over the Thanksgiving dinner table...

he he i get the same thing when someone thinks they're sick. my mom has asked me quite a few times: "should I bring ryan to the doctor? or do you know what's wrong with him?" :) :)

good to know she believes in me though :)

Me too! I'm seriously the family doctor. I'm the one who sends my family to a generalist!;) What does bother me though is that my mom's been having some serious problems that could be about a hundred different things and I'm scared because I don't know what it is and it's hard to get her to go to the REAL doctor nd get it checked out! I mean, she has seen a dr. He sent her to an orthopedist. i labeled him a quackery of medicine. +pissed+ Now we moved and the insurance has to be transferred and I'm afraid it's going to be hard to get her to a dr again. i thought about mentioning it could be a brain tumor, but I don't want to scare her with something that serious .:( It could just be migraine but I don't think so. it seems as though she has many problems that could very possibly be interrelated. Maybe I could post this on the med student board or something. :confused:

Here's mine: I was talking with one of my uncles a few days ago, a man whom I haven't seen for a while.

Him: What are you majoring in these days?
Me: I was a xxxx major, but I just graduated, in May.
Him: So, do you have a job now?
Me: No, I'm going to medical school.
Him: Is that something you have to do to get a job [in xxxx]?

:rolleyes:

My family is pretty crazy about it too... I was actually dreading telling them I was going to go into pre-med... My mom has absolute confidence in me, there is no doubt in her mind that I will be a doctor. In fact she has told all her friends about how her son will be a doctor in a few years... And my grandmother is the same way. It is actually kind of hard on my head... I am normally a pretty confident guy, but I know that there are many very smart people who apply to med school and get rejected (Especially in Canada). But they basically believe that if I wanted to I could become King of England. In fact when I told my mom she was like 'Oh, that's great... But wouldn't a CEO of some company make more money?' ... my jaw hit the floor. 'I want to be a doctor because it is work I think I would enjoy moms, not for the money...'

Actually my grandmother asked me one time how my grades were first semester of school... I told her all A's and a B, pretty happy with myself and expecting a congratulations... but she was like 'You got a B?? Why?' She was disappointed! Totally ignored the fact that I had mostly A's and focused on the single B... I guess in their eyes I am perfect and when I do something like get a B it sends a ripple through their distorted reality.

Anyway if I end up getting rejected from med school I will probably have to move to a different country so I don't have to stare into their disappointed gaze everytime I see them. :0
Getting rejected would be hard enough, but having to watch their reactions to it would be more than I could stand.

I have the only parents on Earth who didn't want their son to be a doctor.

(Note dad & grandmother means individual conversations with both of them. Note that I've had each of these conversations with them at least 10 times because they never remember what I said. I'm not sure that they ever listen to me at all.)

Me: I wanna be a doctor
Dad & Grandmother: NO WAY! YOU NEED TO STAY IN COMPUTERS! MEDICINE IS BAD! TOO MUCH WORK! TOO MUCH INSURANCE TO DEAL WITH!
Me: But I don't care about all that, it's my dream
Dad & Grandmother: I'm sure you'll change your mind.

3 years later they've finally given in to it and actually wish me luck applying.

The problem is that I decided shortly after I decided on becoming a doctor that I wanted to be MSTP. Try explaining that one.

Me: I want to be a combined MD/PhD
Dad & Grandmother: What's that mean?
Me: It means I can be a medical researcher, so I can help people by researching the causes of disease and test new treatments and drugs and stuff.
Dad & Grandmother: Wow. What's so different about that?
Me: Well I have to go to school for 3 or 4 more years in med school.
Dad & Grandmother: mmmm... So 3 or 4 years and you're done?
Me: Uhhh, no. 7 or 8 years of med school, then a longer residency or post-doc.
Dad & Grandmother: Well at least you'll be making more money
Me: Ummmm, no. I will likely make less than normal doctors, especially doctors in neuroscience related fields like Neurology or Neurosurgery.
Dad & Grandmother: You'll be making lots of money...

I've had tons of conversations like this. It's begininning to drive me nuts. I like this one too.

Me: I'm applying now.
Everybody else: Oh yeah? How many schools are you applying to?
Me: 15.
Everybody else: WOW! That's alot!
Me: No, that's a normal amount.
Everybody else: I'm sure you'll get into all of them though! How do you choose!
Me: That's why everybody applies to that many schools, it's very hard to get in and there's no telling where you'll get in.
Everybody else: Stop putting yourself down, I'm sure you'll get in everywhere you apply! (Dad: My son at the Mayo Clinic or at Johns Hopkins! I can't wait)
Me: ARGGGHHHHH *gun to head, pull trigger*

Also, I've had to explain the whole application process about 20 times to assorted people. Nobody understands (including me) why you would need to apply through a central service, write an essay for them and everything else and THEN write another application with yet more money and more essays to the individual schools. Further, since I'm MSTP, I have to explain that some schools pay interview expenses, some only pay part of the expenses, and some pay nothing. Then I have to explain about the stipend and tuition waver by NIH at some schools, which isn't the same for MD programs, etc... I wouldn't want to explain this anymore but my family keeps ASKING ME ABOUT IT. Which sounds good right? They care right? THEY ASK ME THE SAME QUESTIONS EVERY TIME I SEE THEM AND I GIVE THEM THE SAME ANSWERS! It's driving me nuts! If I get an attitude with them they tell me I shouldn't be a teacher, because I'm not good at explaining things! I am good at explaining things the first 5 times you ask me!

That's it, I'm switching to decaf.

Conversation Today 5:30am half an hour before I have to wakeup

Mom: Sweety are you sleeping?

Me: YES!!!!!

Mom: Oh well anyway I just wanted to ask you a question.

Me: What is it mother

Mom: After you pass the "CAT Test", should I order invitations to your graduation party for everyone or just a select few people?

***GRAB PILLOW AND SCREAM BLOODY MURDER INTO IT!
Mom: What did I say?

Me: (calmly, through clenched teeth) Do Not Throw Me a Graduation Party! I Haven't Graduated From Medical School, I haven't Even Gotten In Yet! I haven't even applied Yet! Do not throw a party, mother I mean it!!!

Mom: Oh, **silence** Well Why didn't you just say that in the first place! Now I have to go and uninvite all of these people! (Storms out insulted)

**I stare at the door completely amazed, alarm goes off 15minutes later***:rolleyes:

What my mother left on my cell phone Monday night while I was working EMS...

"Sweety, you got some mail today. You got a big thick letter in a brown envelope from the University of Maryland, and you got a big thick letter in a white envelope from the University of Vermont. I think they might be acceptances, but I'll wait for you to open them. Sweety, Vermont is very far away from North Carolina and I'd miss you... are you sure you want to take that acceptance so early on? But I'm so happy you already know that you've been accepted to at least 2 schools. Will this affect whether or not you get accepted at NC schools? Oh. You also got a very thin envelope from VCU. Do you want me to throw it away? Why isn't your phone on?"

Message I left on my mother's cell phone, 2am Tuesday morning.
"Hey Mom, sorry I didn't have my cell phone on-- I was busy out on a seizure call. I really don't think I've been accepted to Maryland or Vermont just yet. Thanks for the message."

THe thin envelope from VCU was a letter saying they got my AMCAS app and gave me the website to do the secondary. Siiigh...:rolleyes: it's nice she's supportive. :love:

Since I'm doing an MPH degree, people seem to get very confused. I can't count the number of times friends of friends have just assumed that because I'm in a "School of Public Health" that I'm a medical student and think that I'm applying to residencies or something when I say I'm applying to med school.

Eh, it could be worse. At least I only have to explain it once to most of these good-natured people.

Originally posted by Neuronix
I have the only parents on Earth who didn't want their son to be a doctor.

My grandpa is an MD/PhD/MPH, and he wants me to go into computers too.

Originally posted by geneman

My grandpa is an MD/PhD/MPH, and he wants me to go into computers too.

Kindof makes you wonder if he ever actually got to practice medicine before retiring.

Conversation: 11:47am Eastern Standard Time Today, while I'mat work

Me: Good Morning Money Transfer

Mom: Hi, You know your aunt is very disappointed that you didn't get into medical school. She was looking forward to that graduation party.

***Stare blankly at the phone as if it's actually grown a head***

Me: Mother, Listen very carefully, I have not APPLIED YET!!!!!! OKAY!!!! Stop telling people that I haven't gotten accepted

***Silence***

Mom: Oh, so when are you going to get off of your ass and apply, everyone is waiting!

Me: Goodbye Mother

**hang up get up from desk go to the ladies room and scream**

Mom: Hi, You know your aunt is very disappointed that you didn't get into medical school. She was looking forward to that graduation party.

haha! Sounds like your mom loves to throw parties ;)

(originally from "relatively prime")
My dad thinks I should forget medical school and become a hairdresser. More generally he said... "Why do you need to be a doctor? You're husband's going to be a doctor... isn't that enough?"

My dad tried to convince me to go into optometry school instead, because I don't have to work as hard and still get to be called "dr.". Also "girls shouldn't have to work that hard".

I gave up on telling my parents not to open my letters by the time my secondaries came around. So, I got both news of my MCAT scores and my first medical school acceptance from my parents, over the phone of the lab where I was doing research. And, since they don't understand the whole admissions process, they tell me the news in the most uncertain way:

i.e.
#1: MCAT news.
Dad: I think you got your MCAT scores today. I opened the letter.
Me: What did I get?
Dad: I don't know. There are several numbers on this form.
Me: Well, read them to me.
Dad: Why don't I wait til you get home.
Me: *screams of frustration and unanswered curiosity*

#2: Med school acceptance
Dad: U got a letter from school X.
Me: Really? What does it say?
Dad: I don't know. I think you are accepted.
Me: Are you sure? What makes you say that?
Dad: Well, I don't see the word "Sorry" or "reject" anywhere.
Me: *screams of frustration and unanswered curiosity*

*sigh* :rolleyes: :)

silvercholla & TTT-

I'm LMAO right now....sounds like something my mother would do! Luckily, my MCAT scores were delivered to the wrong house, so I found out online before my mother could tell me. :) :)

parents when applying for college:

if you don't get into harvard and yale or get a full scholarship, u r a loser...

parents when applying for med school:

if you don't get into harvard or stanford or get MSTP, u r a loser.

if you don't get into harvard and yale or get a full scholarship, u r a loser...

That is pretty harsh. I love this thread though, keep it going!

this is a good one!

i sent out my temple secondary a few days ago, and yesterday my mom says to me: "did you start a sentence in that Temple essay with 'also'? Because you know they probably will take one look at that and say REJECTED!"

I was like- WHAT??!?!?! How did she remember that I put also in the beginning of a sentence, number one, and number two, why did she tell me this AFTER i sent in the secondary...

Parents...can't live with 'em.....can't be born without 'em!

She's been really supportive thru this whole process, but that just caught me totally off guard! :)

I think I explained the process once too often to my family, because last time I was visiting my grandparents, the conversation went like this:

Me: "So I have this semester remaining and they I'll be ready to apply"

93-yr old grandfather: " So then you will be done with your pre-premedical coursework?"

I'm a non-trad, so it took me a while to explain to them that I had to go back and take undergraduate classes before I could apply to med school, however I thought it was a riot that they actually thought there was a pre, premed curriculum=)

On another note, it's kind of funny the "Congratulations, wow, that's amazing." praise you get when you tell people you're getting secondaries. Sometimes I just smile with my head up high and say, well, thank you! Why do they need to know everything =)

:D

It seems that my mom likes 5:30 am.

Conversation this morning 5:30am

Mom: Hun...Sweety... are you sleeping

Me: No, I'm checking for defects in the pillow

Mom: Watch your mouth

Me: What do you need mother?

Mom: I don't think that you should go to far for medical school. I think it would be better if you stay in NY. You should go to Downstate. Maybe we can go down there and talk to the principal or something and get you enrolled.

**Roll over, stare at the ceiling because I can't believe she said principal**

Me: Mother, I have to apply and they have to decide whether or not I get in or not. Like college.

Mom: Oh (her favorite word) Well we never had problems getting you into school before. Why are they up and changing things now?!? Go back to sleep dear, things will work out. See you Saturday. Love you.

**roll over and continue to inspect my pillow. Alarm goes off 15mins later**

I feel like I should be in Bridget Jones' Diary:rolleyes: