Part 1 Nbde taken before 10 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athera

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I took my part 1 NBDE before 10 years and scored 90 percentile. I did not apply for dental schools and switched over to the clinical research field due to personal reasons. Now, if i plan to apply to dental schools
should i retake part 1 NBDE?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi , acc to jcnde nbde scores don't have an expiry date so your part 1 is still valid. Bt about dental schools, whether they accept 10 year old score or not that you have to confirm frm individual school websites you want to apply.

Hello everyone,
I took my part 1 NBDE before 10 years and scored 90 percentile. I did not apply for dental schools and switched over to the clinical research field due to personal reasons. Now, if i plan to apply to dental schools
should i retake part 1 NBDE?
The admission system doesnt care about score anymore and just want a pass. With that changing drastically, they expect the applicant passed the exam within 5 years. Some programs mention that in their fine print and some dont. If I were in selection panel, I would prefer the same.

I passed my part 1 in 02/2011 and am going to retake it since I will be applying for 2018 onwards.

good luck !