Part 2 NBDE Study partner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ... EVERYONE...
Im new to SDN.Found it very informative and interesting. Hoping that this thread would help me to score well in part 2.This thread is especially for those who are taking part 2 shortly and need a proper guidence regarding how to study and what topics we should concentrate more.
I'm planning to take my part 2 at the end of may or begining of june. If anybody is planning to take there exam at this time? I need a study partner with whom I can discuss and study.I have started with Decks (2004).I have ASDA papers. I have many questions to ask.Finding friends to ask through SDN..Specially from those who took there exam recently on 28th and 29th of march.
Begining with positive attitude that this thread would help a lot of other part 2 takers.Your suggestions and advice are open.
Thanks
Chitz :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am preparing for part2 & would be happy to find a study poartner. I too have started preps but I am finding it a little hard to build up the tempo as I did for part 1 ... having someonbe to discuss with should be helpful...
thanks, bye,
Treasure

Hi,
Iam planning to take part-2 by the end of may or in june 1 week.Started with qs papers.

Members don't see this ad :)
i too am planning to rite part 2 in may end or june.

it is really very hard for me to concentrate.so guys please keep posting as to how much u have finished and how u r preparing and what is ur study plan?it will keep me motivated .hope u would help me out!! :)

good luck to all of you.

hi everybody...
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Treasure, anvi and shaliraj.
I have'nt completed the Decks.wut about u anvi? how r u finding the question papers (tough or easy)? Today I'm planning to finish perio.why dont we discuss. like asking questions or any doubts.. wut u say?????? Im finding pharmacology very tough :( dont remember anything
So do u guys have any schedule for studying ? I feel if we r planning to take our exam in may or june. We should try to make atleast 6 to 8 hours of solid studies from now and latter make 10 to 12 hours.First be thorough in Decks and then start papers. we could as well keep some target for when to finish each subject and then discuss. we will get to know how much we have undertstood when we discuss and ask questions.(If anybody is is ready to discuss perio with me ?) :) In that way it will boosts me to study well.. Hope this will work in the same way to everybody. When we answer wrong when we r discussing it's ok .. we r learning. Its better to answer wrong in the exam. so better make mistakes and learn here.
Let me know if anybody is ready.
hey...can u guys help me if u r having kaplan review book??
reply soon
thanks
chitz :)

helloo..
how come nobody replied or post there suggestions.
waiting for the response
chitz

i agree with you
good job
so let's start the schedule
tell me what u finished so we can start studying the same subjects together
i will start oral surgery tommorrow

hi...
hey today im in a verge of finishing pedo.ok
ill also start with oral sugery from 2morrow ok
let me know PM me ok
takecare
chitz

hi anvi, shaliraj and treasure..
how studies going on... no reply from u guys....
keep posting
chitz

Hi chitz and everybody,
this is great idea to study together, I am glad to join you. I have some questoins- how many days you study one subject, and just decks and papers are inough or something esle?
chitz if you still on surgery I would be glad to discuss it with you. I am going to finish it this couple of days.
good luck , keep posting
Vera

i'm also in surgery
i will finish it soon
i only do decks now,, then after finishing all the subject will go thru paper exams.. but still looking for it

chitz said:
Hi ... EVERYONE...
Im new to SDN.Found it very informative and interesting. Hoping that this thread would help me to score well in part 2.This thread is especially for those who are taking part 2 shortly and need a proper guidence regarding how to study and what topics we should concentrate more.
I'm planning to take my part 2 at the end of may or begining of june. If anybody is planning to take there exam at this time? I need a study partner with whom I can discuss and study.I have started with Decks (2004).I have ASDA papers. I have many questions to ask.Finding friends to ask through SDN..Specially from those who took there exam recently on 28th and 29th of march.
Begining with positive attitude that this thread would help a lot of other part 2 takers.Your suggestions and advice are open.
Thanks

hai
i just got my material for part 2. i don't know where to start from?
just confused. would like to have study partner. can u tell me which sub is the best to start off.
i'm planning to give the exam in june last mth.
what's ur part 1 score. did u get admission in any school?
i'll appreciate ur response.

profile76 said:
hai
i just got my material for part 2. i don't know where to start from?
just confused. would like to have study partner. can u tell me which sub is the best to start off.
i'm planning to give the exam in june last mth.
what's ur part 1 score. did u get admission in any school?
i'll appreciate ur response.
hi
I am also sailing in the same boat..got part 2 material but confused from where to start...what are you guys doing...dental decks first or Kaplan?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there... join to our study group.....
hey i would suggest u to start with OSHA/ Beh Sci/public health. its interesting and kinda of new.I started with it and found it interesting.It basically depends which subject u like the most and then start with it.
good luck
keep posting
chitz

healthy teeth said:
hi
I am also sailing in the same boat..got part 2 material but confused from where to start...what are you guys doing...dental decks first or Kaplan?
hai
today i was going thru infection control and related topics from kaplan review.its kind of new so i started with it. i'm just goin to give areading and do the related decks. its just to know the subject.i'm definetly goin to concentrate more on decks. simulateneously have a look into kaplan review.
u don't have to go in detail with kaplan.
did u get admission in any school? i'm still waiting.

chitz said:
hi there... join to our study group.....
hey i would suggest u to start with OSHA/ Beh Sci/public health. its interesting and kinda of new.I started with it and found it interesting.It basically depends which subject u like the most and then start with it.
good luck
keep posting
chitz
hey
thanx for the advice i just started with osha.its really new and intresting. ru doing kaplan too? where do u live pm me.

hi all.. hows studies going on...
do u guys study on weekends.
im managing it to do today..
chitz

[Hello everybody,
how is going? I am done with surgery, so tomorrow I am going to start pedo/ortho. I study during the weekends, well I better say I study when I can, because during the week there are days when I am busy with other stuff, so gotta make out for those...
I have question to everybody -- do you know something about unreleased quetions? I read about those on this site, where do you think I can get them?

hi all...
so did any one finish with decks and started with papers.I have still couple more to go... Do post ur update.. we all can discuss.
I myself im doing search on unrelesed papers.
good luck for studies
chitz

hey guys do any one understand the sides of the bur ( rack face + clearance face) and the angle formed?? rake angle, edge angle ... etc?
i can not even imagine it
any one has a picture a diagram anything to help

hi all..
have anybody started with question papers???? i tentatively schedule to start with papers from 15th. but i feel i have do the decks again.
any suggestions...
hey all there.. hows studies going on
keep posted
chitz

Any of you from San Diego ? I am looking for a study partner for NDBE part 2 who lives in San Diego.

Hi there,
I have some material,which I found very usefull in my part-2 preparation.Now that I am done with it and scored good,I want to sell them off .
I have
1)`Clinical problem solving in dentistry` which is very helpfull for case based questions preparation(with radiographs,clinical pictures and cases)
2)pharmacology material from tuffts school.
3)photocopy of duggans material for part-2 preparation.
(everything in good condition).

these were the other material which I refered for my part-2 prep besides the decks and papers.

for any details pm me and will let u know the details.

hi all there.. do u have an idea how many realeased papers r there totally?
Each subject?? and which is the last released paper??
plz guys if anyones knows about it plz help me
chitz

Part 2 Released exam from A to K
A
July and December 1977; April and December 1978 (released 1979)
B
December 1978; April 1979; July 1979; December 1979 (released 1980)
C
March 1980; July 1980; December 1980 (released 1981)
D
March 1981; July 1981 (released 1983)
E
March 1982; December 1982 (released 1983)
F
March 1983 (released 1984)
G
April 1985; April 1986 (released 1986)
H
March 1987 (released 1987)
I
December 1988; April 1989 (released 1989)
J
November 1991 (released 1991)
K
December 1993 (released 1995)

krishna said:
Hi there,
I have some material,which I found very usefull in my part-2 preparation.Now that I am done with it and scored good,I want to sell them off .
I have
1)`Clinical problem solving in dentistry` which is very helpfull for case based questions preparation(with radiographs,clinical pictures and cases)
2)pharmacology material from tuffts school.
3)photocopy of duggans material for part-2 preparation.
(everything in good condition).

these were the other material which I refered for my part-2 prep besides the decks and papers.

for any details pm me and will let u know the details.
Hi Krishna!!
I am preparing for part 2 right now and I am interested in the material you hnave.
Please let me know more about .
Is it in the CD form??
I will appreciate if you can share your experiences and score as well.
Thanks.

hi krishne
can u please tell me wat all materials do v need 4 part 2 exams

Hey all,

I am not new to SDN but am participating for the first time. This site was of great help to me during my NBDE - I and now i am due to appear for Part II in July. So joining in to get help and provide help whenever possible.
I just got back from my India trip and am all geared up to start studying. I have the dental decks and ASDA reprints and thats all i got for Part II. Do i need any more material? I exactly 3 months in hand so yeah i am on an express mail. Any suggestions on how to pack in so many subjects in 3 months?

If there is anyone in or around L.A appearing for PartII i would be more than glad to meet up and study even if it maybe just once a week. Team work keeps the adrenaline flowing, right?

thats all from me for now till i hit the decks and come up with questions.

Good Luck to all

Om,

Mita

hello.. friends
im spending a lot of time doing papers.... Really part 2 is so vast....
as any body completed doing papers?? how many days did u take?
And all u guys u already took part2 plz help the future part2 takers by posting ur suggestion and advice.Specially on the released/unreleased papers.
Does anybody have answers for unreleased papers. plz help....
thank u
chitz

hello.. friends
im spending a lot of time doing papers.... Really part 2 is so vast....
Has any body completed doing papers?? how many days did u take?
And all u guys who already took part2 plz help the future part2 takers by posting ur suggestion and advice.Specially on the released/unreleased papers.
Does anybody have answers for unreleased papers. plz help....
thank u
chitz

hey chitz,
whatz up these dayz?hope everythingz fine with u!howz ur studies going?
keep in touch!
take care,
wishing all the best!
prady
chitz said:
Hi ... EVERYONE...
Thanks

hi
i am planning to ive part2 in june.i am near to finish my decks.may be by 10th may.then i will do my papers.later again to decks.it looks hard how i am going to finish all this but i have to .if u guys have any suggestions for how to score well ,please let me know.

fateh said:
hi
i am planning to ive part2 in june.i am near to finish my decks.may be by 10th may.then i will do my papers.later again to decks.it looks hard how i am going to finish all this but i have to .if u guys have any suggestions for how to score well ,please let me know.
hi fateh how r u read hard and try to make concept clear u will get higher score

gujjudent said:
hi fateh how r u read hard and try to make concept clear u will get higher score
hi gujjudent
thanks.whats happening on ur side.if u have started part 2 then we can be study partners.let me me know what all stuff to read ,i am mean anything extra.......
bye :cool:

hi all...
how the prep goin on.. is anybody doing the unrealsed papers. we can discuss and do that. as it doesnot have answers it would be easy 4 us if we discuss the question and answers. plz post ur reply.
thanks

chitz said:
hi all...
how the prep goin on.. is anybody doing the unrealsed papers. we can discuss and do that. as it doesnot have answers it would be easy 4 us if we discuss the question and answers. plz post ur reply.
thanks
I am intrested to study with you.
whre did you get the unreleased Qs papers?

i will join this study group, i have a good idea,, i can post some Q from the unreleased exams i do have, and discus the answers, if answers could be with explanation will be more helpful, so we all can profit.....
i will start with some Q

1 Which microbe is least likely to be killed in an autoclave?
a. HIV
b. HBV
c. Streptococcus mutans
d. Bacillus

i think D

2 Contaminated sharp must be handles in such ways except for
a. The container must be labeled
b. The container has be non-puncturable
c. The container has be a metal case
d. The container must be closable

i think c

3 the closest act the dentist would have for comforting to a patient
a. look in the eye of the patients
b. tap on the shoulder

i think b

4 The best way to communicate with patient? talk to the patient while looking into his/her eyes
The patient's sadness can be observed from
a. his words
b. his facial expression
c. his gesture
d. his emotion

i think b

plz correct me

hey wisdum.. i agree with ur answers. any comments..... from others
plz correct if we r wrong.
thanks

3 the closest act the dentist would have for comforting to a patient
a. look in the eye of the patients
b. tap on the shoulder

i think b
I THINK THE ANSWER IS (a) and not B

Hi there,
Looking for a serious study partner for NBDE part 2 exam 2015.........You can e-mail me or message me at

[email protected]
(347)459-6931

Thank you