Pasquini's Anatomy of Domestic Animals 10th vs 11th edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbarne01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with how different the editions are? I have a chance to buy the 10th ed but don't want to buy 2 copies of the same book if there are too many changes. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not too different. But...unless you're getting a killer deal on it, Pasquini isn't one of the better anatomy books out there. You'd be better of investing in Dyce if it's going to be your anatomy reference.

Probably not too different. But...unless you're getting a killer deal on it, Pasquini isn't one of the better anatomy books out there. You'd be better of investing in Dyce if it's going to be your anatomy reference.

Pasquini and Dyce are both recommended texts for OVC. I've heard that Pasquini>Dyce from many upper years because it has better diagrams!

Usually the differences between editions are not to extreme! If your really curious some textbooks list the changes they made between at the beginning of the book. They probably have the book at the UoG library (if your in Guelph over the summer) and you could check it out or borrow a friends copy, they may even have the 10th ed at the library!

Members don't see this ad :)
probably not too different, Pasquini was my professor and he often did a lot of editing and format improvement (he's famous for typos...) so i'd bet thats a major difference between the two, but i have the 11e :shrug:

Pasquini and Dyce are both recommended texts for OVC. I've heard that Pasquini>Dyce from many upper years because it has better diagrams!

Usually the differences between editions are not to extreme! If your really curious some textbooks list the changes they made between at the beginning of the book. They probably have the book at the UoG library (if your in Guelph over the summer) and you could check it out or borrow a friends copy, they may even have the 10th ed at the library!
I second this. I found Dyce to be a bit wordy personally, so I preferred Pasquini during lab (especially when we did large animal anatomy). Preferences will depend on the person of course.

I wouldn't think the editions are that different overall. I think I leafed through both of them and didn't see any major differences, so you should be fine with the older one.

Unless huge changes were made in style between editions (e.g. From black and white to color), the contents of anatomy books don't change much over time.

One thing I would ask the upper years is how heavily relied upon textbooks are in the curriculum. If it's just for personal reference, it really doesn't matter at all. But if professors tell you what page numbers to look over before lecture or whatever, it's annoying to not have the version they're talking about

If you can check them out from your school library and get a feel for what you prefer, then do that. My school doesn't use Pasquini at all - Dyce is our anatomy text, but I've studied from a lot of them. If you want great diagrams AND photos, look at Konig. But ultimately go with what people who have been through YOUR school's curriculum have found most helpful.