pass/no pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlemisspiggy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do admissions look upon pass/no pass for a GE course (NOT a science class)?

I'm applying this coming June so it won't even be included in my application but I was wondering if it'll bring about any problems later

Members don't see this ad.

It will not bring about any problems later. They probably won't even notice it when you do your academic update or send transcripts later for an acceptance.

With these types of scenarios I usually try to put myself in the position of the adcom reviewing the applications. Seeing your update with that P grade is not going to make me decide to accept you post-interview, reject you if you're on hold/review status, or send an interview, it just isn't significant. Can you imagine yourself making one of those decisions based on a singular P grade on some ho-hum non-science course, months after you'd already reviewed your entire package? The only thing that's going to matter during that academic update is that the other real grades are high, that's what they'll care about.

Haha thank you for the feedback!

I was just scared that they might think that I took a "light" load my last semester!