Passed Comlex, Failed CK, released both, what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jopdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my step II scores. Failed CK by 1 point, passed COMLEX with an okay score, but not the best. Got lots of interviews for IM(osteo and allo) already. The problem is that after Nov 1. lots of programs are going to look at the MSPE and see my fail and maybe decide not to interview me cause of the failure. How do I do damage control ? Do I:

a)sign up for CK, try my darndest to pass and tell people that is my goal during interviews? (And just stick with the interviews that I have already?There are still a handful that I had really hoped for)
b) contact the programs before they have a chance to reject me and tell them that I am really interested and ask what they advise? (a few programs that I already interviewed at, said to me that if I pass COMLEX then they don't need a pass on CK for osteos)
c) not take take it over and let the chips fall where they may?
Thanks for any advise, thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I would say just stick to the D.O. programs, especially since they told you they don't care about the USMLE. If there are any MD programs you were really trying to match with, you should probably contact them and feel them out about your chances (before you spend another $500 to retake the USMLE).