Passed Naplex 2nd attempt and this is my advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanakojo24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hmmm, the first time you saw that you failed the Naplex is like life has just been sucked out of you and then a million thoughts runs through your mind. Seriously its feeling and moment I would not even wish on my enemy, its very devastating and feel of worthlessness. Well thank God there is always a second try and that's what I started to focus on.

First don't be ashamed to admit if asked if you passed or not, your own lies will even hunt you more, so be straightforward and from what I experienced, perhaps God sees you are not ready to fill that pharmacist role and perhaps you need to learn and be familiar with some concepts before this you jump into this role.

Secondly, begin to accept and realize this is an opportunity to get better with some concepts. In disappointments, God creates appointments for you.

Ok now to the grits of my study approach:

I personally think the APHA is a must, it gives you the basics of everything been tested, but you just cant rely on that. So then I believe Prontopass comes in and just puts the finishing touches. I think it really helped me with all those random questions and even great with the pictures it has. I found also the Lange book with questions was also helpful.

Please Please Please DO NOT ATTEMPT the Naplex if you have not mastered these topics mEqs, Alligations, TPN, and rates of Flow. I advice you guess on the non-math questions if you have no idea what its asking because there will be some easier math as you go and remember MATH WEIGHS MORE ON THE Naplex so if you have to waste time on anything please not the math questions. Whatever you do make sure you read the math questions very very well, sometimes the TPN will state the fat or protiens in a bottle of Ensure(which maybe 240ml) but the question will ask for the total calories in 720ml. Read them very carefully. Practice as many questions as possible. I bought a book with questions from pharmacyexams.com. They really helped.

Well I must state all Glory to God for my victory but fellow re-takers its a blessing for what we went through or going through.

I took the Pre-Naplex a week before I even scheduled my exams, I got 111on Pre-Naplex and got 121 on the Naplex.

Please PM if you need any help. Remember Naplex has no correlation on how you will be useful to your patients.

Ok good luck guys re-takers. Its doable.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It must be an amazing feeling to have completed this hurdle in your life. Good Luck in your Endevours! :thumbup:

I echo this study approach. APhA is a MUST. This is your main course of the study meal. I've made a mistake of just relying on ProntoPass the first time and my score wasn't even close to passing. Looking back, Pronto was just a side dish. It had good bits of information that APhA didn't cover, but in itself, not enough for the NAPLEX. Then, there's the math. Keep practicing the 120 calculations questions that is circulating around here. In my opinion, it's better than the calculations sections in APhA or Kaplan or Pronto.

Exam tips:
  • Please don't take the exam unless you're comfortable with the material, or at least most of it.
  • If you flat out don't know the answer to a question, move on. Spend your time on...
  • Calculations. It's very important that you these right. Spend a little more time on these questions.
General Hints:
  • Know your drug classes, indications, MOA's, adverse effects, dosages(including max), frequencies, dosage formulations, and sites of administration
  • Be ready to tackle lots of alligation, mEq, mOsm, TPN, w/w to w/v problems
  • Know how to calculate CrCl for both male and female
  • Know basic stats: p value, mode, mean, NTT, ARR, etc
Hope this helps. Keep fighting the good fight :)