Passing out/feeling light-headed while watching surgeries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
you know this is a serious thread. In the future young pre-vet wannabes are gonna read this and not understand that you don't need to be pregnant to feel this way.

Shame on you children. Go to bed without dinner.
I can't believe I started an actual serious thread. Oh how the times have changed.

Also, I already ate dinner.

Members don't see this ad :)
you know this is a serious thread. In the future young pre-vet wannabes are gonna read this and not understand that you don't need to be pregnant to feel this way.

Shame on you children. Go to bed without dinner.
But WZ will still be around then. I mean, she doesn't even apply for another 9 years at the earliest....

is that how you count a group of things.
Like a flock of birds.
A school of fish.
A leash of greyhounds (yes that is a thing... don't argue with me).

and now.
a long of things.
I think it really depends on the things or thingies you are referring to :p

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. And WZ, you know that you are procrastinating your long essay just as much as I am procrastinating my long essay. I guess that's what you were referring to when you said a long of things....
Let's be honest...if I say the word long you should know exactly what I am referring to and it has nothing to do with essays

This happened to me the first time I watched a cruciate surgery, It is very common. Even if you don't think you're freaked out by blood and guts the slight pop of a joint or tearing of tissue can push you to the lightheaded place. I overcame this by just continuously exposing myself to surgeries, watching them on youtube, volunteering.

I actually ended up working in the CVM teaching hospital's small animal surgery unit for 2 years, and I have seen this happen to fourth year veterinary students in surgeries such as during a tibial plateau leveling osteomy, or when trying to set a bad fracture. They just sit out in the hall for a minute, get a cold washcloth on their head and get a drink.

But WZ will still be around then. I mean, she doesn't even apply for another 9 years at the earliest....
Would you look at that, I am still here :lame:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users