Passport photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JcRoughriders

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the schools that require a 2x2 passport photos for their supplementary apps, dont go spending $10 for two photos.
Take a picture of yourself in a white background, upload it to http://www.epassportphoto.com/ , crop it , and download a 6x4 sized jpeg with five 2x2 photos on it. Then go to CVS and print a 6x4 print for only $ 0.19 .

I just think it's ridiculous that stores charge so much more for photos 1/6 the size of a regular print, just because they're "passport photos".

Members don't see this ad.

You can also just take a photo of yourself with a white background. Go to shopko photo print kiosk. And make passport photos from it. I think it was less than a buck for 4 or 6 2x2 photos.

For the schools that require a 2x2 passport photos for their supplementary apps, dont go spending $10 for two photos.
Take a picture of yourself in a white background, upload it to http://www.epassportphoto.com/ , crop it , and download a 6x4 sized jpeg with five 2x2 photos on it. Then go to CVS and print a 6x4 print for only $ 0.19 .

I just think it's ridiculous that stores charge so much more for photos 1/6 the size of a regular print, just because they're "passport photos".

Yep I did something very similar last year.

I went to CVS, and when I found out its $9 for 2 pics, I was like "forget it"

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. That is an awesome site btw, thanks. But I spent like 2 hours figuring out how to crop and put it on a 6x4 with a free photo editor and also used paint. Turned out alright. Print quality from CVS was pretty terrible, it made it look like I was wearing lipstick.

Also since I am doing a grad program, I don't have my SLR or tripod with me, so I used my iPhone 4 and taped it to my IKEA floor lamp with packaging tape I had and took it that way. It turned out pretty well.

I took my photo and it shows shadow on the background from ear to shoulder. Would I be ok with the picture with shadow?

One of the admissions coordinators said that white backgrounds make applicants seem really boring:scared:, and as long as it's a professional looking photo, his school appreciates a subtle scenic background. Just something to consider when jumping on the white background wagon.

One of the admissions coordinators said that white backgrounds make applicants seem really boring:scared:, and as long as it's a professional looking photo, his school appreciates a subtle scenic background. Just something to consider when jumping on the white background wagon.

Mine was traditional boring; however, at my interviews, I did see applicant files with them having a beach sunset/flower in their ear/pretty looking/model looking/facebook-ish photos. They were pretty girls so umm...use your best judgement:laugh:

Good idea! This way we can photoshop ourselves! Get rid of any zits, whiten the teeth a little...oh yea!!:D:D

Once you upload it, I dont see where I can download the image? It just takes me to the order form after I resize :/

i used idphoto4you.com it was perfect

Reactions: 1 user
Is it okay if my part of my head is cut off (1/4 of my hair)? I'm not at all photogenic and thats the only picture I could take that looks half decent :laugh:

I used a graduation photo right off of Facebook. I just cropped some friends out. Printed it off at CVS, good to go.

yeah it doesn't have to be so professionally done. as long as the dimensions are nice, a white background will do. I printed mine out only for a few cents at CVS. CostCO or Walmart can do that for you too. save the pic on an USB drive and they can print it for you. except for I wish I didn't look so much like a felon lol.

Is a white background a must? I have a nice one of me dressed up, but the background is brick.

It's fine. Brick is okay. As long as you don't have something too distracting like
655687.jpg

lol

Thanks! I will definitely take a look at using that for passport pictures. I wish there were specific guidelines for the 2x2 pictures they are looking for. For me, passport pictures means no smiling, which would probably be a bad idea in this case