PAT question (2007 ada test)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piepiesuperpie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
EyW1Zjg.png

The answer is B, but when viewed top --> bottom, why not C?

Members don't see this ad.

If you mean the little protruding square, than C does consider it if you look at it from a top --> bottom POV. If the original figure did not have that protruding part, it would be a square.

From those views, the width of B and C should be the same. The width of B and C are really close, so I don't think the width in answer C is wrong. So I'm guessing it has something to do with its height. My guess is that it should be a bit taller for C to be correct.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

From those views, the width of B and C should be the same. The width of B and C are really close, so I don't think the width in answer C is wrong. So I'm guessing it has something to do with its height. My guess is that it should be a bit taller for C to be correct.

i agree except the height of C should be smaller. the solid red, green and yellow show the edges of the answer choices in correlation to the actual image (Yellow and red is dotted in the actual image due to the blue square) The red line is a length of one side of the blue square, so the pink is the extra length added to the square to give the actual height in answer C. I believe the height in C should be a little bit shorter...just my two cents

Attachments

• EyW1Zjg.png
    EyW1Zjg.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 36
Staring at it longer, I think you're correct. It would look pretty off if it was any higher.

Last edited: