PAT troubles and Crack the DAT PAT..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldoc1515

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been using Barron's for the PAT section and I am still having a really hard time with all the PAT stuff. I gave in and puchased the Crack the DAT PAT (10 tests)...
My question is for those of you who used it..did you just do test by test and gradually improve? What tips do you have? I'm feeling really discouraged about this section even though I am trying really hard..please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I've been using Barron's for the PAT section and I am still having a really hard time with all the PAT stuff. I gave in and puchased the Crack the DAT PAT (10 tests)...
My question is for those of you who used it..did you just do test by test and gradually improve? What tips do you have? I'm feeling really discouraged about this section even though I am trying really hard..please help!

try figuring out why the question you got wrong and why you chose the wrong answer. compare your answer with the right choice. the 3d explanation is great so take full advantage of it. If i am right, i believe the hardest part you are dealing with on the PAT is the orthographic projections. It just needs practice and more practice and slowly but surely you will get a grasp of it. So just keep practicing my friend and do not give up!!!

what I found to be most usefull is this.

I did this with the Crack DAT PAT (10 test version as well)

1) Do test #1 today, get your score, and don't do anything else
2) Next day in the morning, go over test #1, check to see where you missed what and why you missed it. this trains your mind to see where you made mistakes
3) Wait 4-5 days till you take the next test. I think this is very helpfull cause subconsciously, your mind starts to adapt to the PAT way of thinking (3-D thinking that is)
4) After the 4-5 day period is over, do test #2
5) Repeat step 2 above....

do this untill you finish all 10 tests. I started off with 17 on test 1.... By time I got to test 7 and 8, I was getting 20 and 21 (if i remember correctly)....

This was not a method developed by NASA or the NSA, its just something I came accross by accident, I used to hate doing PAT section everyday, so I did it like every 4-5 days. But it worked out really well for me

Members don't see this ad :)
So... the CDP angles are killing me

I'm getting like an average of 12/15 per sections EXCEPT on the angles where I get like 9/15

I've improved on all sections besides the angles, and I thought they're supposed to be the easiest!

So... the CDP angles are killing me

I'm getting like an average of 12/15 per sections EXCEPT on the angles where I get like 9/15

I've improved on all sections besides the angles, and I thought they're supposed to be the easiest!

Angels are the hardest. The difficulty of CDP angles is the same as the real DAT. and honestly, this section, you either got it in your eyes or you don't. I don't think you can "learn" this. Whenever I ddi CDP exams, I always got only 7 or 8 right out of the 15..... On the real deal, I got 20 on the PA, but im pretty sure I only got like 7 or 8 right on the angles so.... if your sucking on the angles, its not the end of the world, you can still get a nice score without em

any tips on keyholes?

CDP i'm getting 14/15 lowest on all the sections except on the keyholes where i consistantly get 8-9/15..

i keep getting low 20's due to that stupid key holes :(