Pathogenic Micro/Infectious Disease Textbook Recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MTGPGE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give a recommendation for a textbook on pathogenic microbiology and infectious disease? I'm currently in an undergrad upper-division summer class for it (without a textbook), but I feel like just going to lectures hasn't given me a very good foundation on what I need to know on that subject in order to become a good doctor.

Members don't see this ad.

Microbiology with Diseases by Body System
Bauman

That's what we used in my course. There are versions online if you look around for a spell. I always find .pdf versions of any textbook I buy, because textbooks are horribly inconvenient, heavy, non-searchable inventions.

Can anyone give a recommendation for a textbook on pathogenic microbiology and infectious disease? I'm currently in an undergrad upper-division summer class for it (without a textbook), but I feel like just going to lectures hasn't given me a very good foundation on what I need to know on that subject in order to become a good doctor.

If you want to be a "good doctor" in undergrad, your best bet is to read Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to be a "good doctor" in undergrad, your best bet is to read Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease.
Yeaahh, I was just gonna let that part go...I just went with the text which worked for what I am assuming is analogous to OP's course.

Haha, I didn't mean to come across that I think I'm already a doctor or anything. I meant it more in the sense of, "If I make it through everything, I want to learn as much as I can and become the best doctor I can be." Thanks for the rec.