Pathologist salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the more your role is taken for granted, the less you are likely to be paid, but if all the custodial staff in our hospitals went on strike for just one month (and were not replaced), we would see just how superficial some of our "value" systems can be.

Ok, 2 points for you too, Sunesis.

I have actually really enjoyed getting to know some of the custodians at my hospital! To see someone who cleans bathrooms and takes out garbage and still has a good attitude about their job really gives me some perspective and motivates me to keep a good attitude too.

Ok, 2 points for you too, Sunesis.

I have actually really enjoyed getting to know some of the custodians at my hospital! To see someone who cleans bathrooms and takes out garbage and still has a good attitude about their job really gives me some perspective and motivates me to keep a good attitude too.

My point exactly! The custodians are extremely valuable in my opinion, but aren't paid much.
You are absolutely correct. They do have some of the best attitudes around, and make all of our lives a lot easier, and they deserve to be valued more.

Members don't see this ad :)
total rvu for a 88321 is 2.23. 8305 is 2.82 tech and professional components. so a 305 is a little better. the $ amount depends on the conversion.

Sorry that I write in such an old thread, but it was nice to discover that good pathologist can achieve a salary of 5,000,000. People who're engage in pathology deserve a good payment for their job more than any showbiz stars (like Lady Gaga, whose net worth is $190 million http://celebtopnetworth.com/singers/lady-gaga-net-worth) Knowing that pathologists may have such a good future, I become not so disappointed in humanity:thumbup:

Are partnership private practice positions becoming less and less common? How much can be expect to make as partner nowadays?

On the other hand, without physician involvement in the "improvement" of health care over the years, maybe none of those in the sports/entertainment industries are ever born, or live past X. Value isn't just about one person's, or even an entire society's, perception -- nor do I think an individual's income is the only or the best measurement of their value to the whole. Everyone plays their role, but not every role is easy or cheap to get into, nor entirely appreciated by everyone else.

At least, often not until they go on strike. We were without baseball for a while, which was bothersome but I'm not sure it made much difference to the world at large. We were without writers for a while too, which I'm not sure would have been noticed were it not in the news at the time. But have nurses go on "strike" and hospitals screech to a halt, even with some nurses staying around for patient care. Pilots? Teachers? I dunno, perhaps a better estimation of value should include viewing the world abruptly without?

I agree with the overall gist of this post but I don't understand how you can imply that writers are not as valuable(Baseball players I agree with haha but I'm biased).

Never forget the following truisms in medicine:

1) I (and people in my field) work harder than everyone else in other fields.
2) My job is more important than most others, or at least more important than those in other specialties think.
3) I am relatively undercompensated for how much I do compared to other fields of medicine.

These truisms apply to every field. Every specialty thinks they are underpaid. And many think that most other specialties are overpaid.

Reactions: 1 users