pathology rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtbkr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering school in Chicago and wanted to be sure there will be elcitve rotations available in pahtology. Is there an easy way to find out what institutions offer such electives?

Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Call them up. Can't think of much easier than that. Go to the website for each path program, either email or call the person listed as program coordinator.

yaah said:
Call them up. Can't think of much easier than that. Go to the website for each path program, either email or call the person listed as program coordinator.
You can also get in contact with the program director too. I've known people who have done that and it was not a problem. Either way the PD or the program coordinator can let you know the name/contact info for the course coordinator who is in charge of pathology rotations.

mtbkr said:
Hi,

I am considering school in Chicago and wanted to be sure there will be elcitve rotations available in pahtology. Is there an easy way to find out what institutions offer such electives?

You are picking Medical Schools based on if they have elective Pathology rotations?? Hrmmm.

Every Medical school has electives in 4th year (usually 75-80% precent of the year is electives). And no matter what you can do outside elective rotations. In fact when you get to fourth year it is generally considered a good idea to do an outside rotation in whatever your field is.

Anyways, if they school has a Pathology residency they will have pathology rotations, at least elective ones.
That should cover you for now.