Pathway to Neurosurgery from D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_DO_Master

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
-Don't run for class president.
-board scores are important but can be overcome with a solid rotation. You'll be fine anywhere with a 600+ from what I have gathered.
-research is helpful.

-you need to grind every single day for neurosx as a DO. If there is a program within 2 hours of your school, I would be contacting them to see if you could spend time with them whenever you have time off. Be confident and enthusiastic but don't be annoying.

in my experience, you can't just be interested in nsx by third year as a DO--you need to want it with every fiber of your being. use the first two years to really figure out if you're willing to make the commitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
-board scores are important but can be overcome with a solid rotation. You'll be fine anywhere with a 600+ from what I have gathered.
-research is helpful.

-you need to grind every single day for neurosx as a DO. If there is a program within 2 hours of your school, I would be contacting them to see if you could spend time with them whenever you have time off. Be confident and enthusiastic but don't be annoying.

in my experience, you can't just be interested in nsx by third year as a DO--you need to want it with every fiber of your being. use the first two years to really figure out if you're willing to make the commitment.

What do you mean by spend time?

-research is helpful.

How important is nsx research for matching into into a place like LLU?