Paying for vet school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashilb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.... I have couple of questions,I'm currently in community college doing pre for vet school. I've come to a decision that I wont be getting a bachelors degree and will be applying to a accredited vet school in UK. The only think im stressing about is paying for vet school. Do you guys think that I would have to take out private loans to live and go to school out there or financial aid and other government Aids will be enough? I don't have a good credit and I also don't have a cosigner to help me take out a private loan. I've always wanted to a veterinarian and don't see myself doing anything else.
Thanks for reading my thread.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Financially, a good bet would be to establish residency in a state where you could be a competitive applicant for admission and tuition is inexpensive (read: North Carolina and a few others). Foreign vet schools offer sound educational opportunities but no real savings to US students unless you have dual citizenship (and even that can get hazy, IANAL).

I would also suggest finishing a Bachelor's degree because it can give you a small leg up on your competition as well as allow you a fall back option (especially if you are moving to establish residency).

Financially, a good bet would be to establish residency in a state where you could be a competitive applicant for admission and tuition is inexpensive (read: North Carolina and a few others). Foreign vet schools offer sound educational opportunities but no real savings to US students unless you have dual citizenship (and even that can get hazy, IANAL).

I would also suggest finishing a Bachelor's degree because it can give you a small leg up on your competition as well as allow you a fall back option (especially if you are moving to establish residency).

I'm a EU citizen, so technically I should get cheaper tuition, but apparently because I am doing my prereqs here, I count as non-EU. Otherwise I would strongly consider going to the UK. ):