Pcat Composite score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stargazzer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools look at your composite PCAT score or look at individual scores for admitting students? If you could, please list the schools you know of that do comp or individual!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do schools look at your composite PCAT score or look at individual scores for admitting students? If you could, please list the schools you know of that do comp or individual!

Thanks!

In general, schools focus on the composite score but some schools have section minimums between 50 and 70.

I do have information about many schools about their considerations for low section scores but I haven't really compiled it. It would be better if you could list the schools you are looking at here.

Here's what University of Maryland says on their website (I'm not sure if they've updated it since then)

The minimum acceptable PCAT scores are set based on the discretion of the Admissions Committee and can change at any time. However, successful applicants typically have at least an overall score in the 80th percentile and a biology and chemistry score in the 60th percentile.

Sooooo there you have it =)

I do have information about many schools about their considerations for low section scores but I haven't really compiled it. It would be better if you could list the schools you are looking at here.

I'll bite :) Anything with regards to University at Buffalo, LECOM- Erie, Campbell Univ or MCPHS (which doesn't require PCATS, but I think may accept them...)

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the numbers for college of pharmacy, Glendale (Arizona)? THanks

I know SUNY-Buffalo and UNC look at the scaled scores and not at the percentile.

Are you sure?

Pharmcas says (for SUNY- Buffalo):

PCAT score considered: 300 - UB considers the Percentile Rank (not Scaled Scores). To determine your score, add each item under Percentile Rank: Verbal Ability + Biology + Reading Comp. + Quantitative Ability + Chemistry (do not look at the Composite score).

Im trying to get into Midwestern Glendale too....

Their site says that they have no minimum PCAT score for acceptance but the avg composite was 80th percentile. They also say that they look at any section below 50th with concern.

Best of luck.....

Are you sure?

PCAT score considered: 300 - UB considers the Percentile Rank (not Scaled Scores). To determine your score, add each item under Percentile Rank: Verbal Ability + Biology + Reading Comp. + Quantitative Ability + Chemistry (do not look at the Composite score).

You're right, for Buffalo, you have to add up all your subject percentile ranks (not including the composite).

I'll bite :) Anything with regards to University at Buffalo, LECOM- Erie, Campbell Univ or MCPHS (which doesn't require PCATS, but I think may accept them...)
As replied below, Buffalo looks at scaled scores. I'm not sure about LECOM-Erie because they've recently started taking PCAT. Campbell hasn't responded to my requests and and I haven't researched many schools that only look at the PCAT as a de facto bonus.

In other words, I don't have the specific info.:)

LECOM-Erie's PCAT info is pretty much nowhere to be found. Oh well, I'll just have to go with what I've got.

Hey omnione, if you have a chance can you check out my PCAT scores in the sticky thread and give your advice... yours is the one I've been waiting for! :)

Are you sure?

Sorry I meant they don't use the composite but rather add up the scores in a different way.