PCAT Compterized Format Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iBeast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will we be provided with scrap paper for Bio sections or is it only the quan sections? I ask because I use the foil method for the genotype questions.

From what I have been reading you will be receiving 6 laminated sheets and a marker, you can only write in the front and you can't erase anything... is that correct?

And should you run out, you must raise your hand and a proctor will come to your aid (which will cost you about 40 seconds)... is this also correct?

And for the essay writing... which word program is used? Is it just a regular word document with no spell-check? Are you allowed to copy and paste? And are you supposed to indent? I ask this because I know when you submit writing passages online when indentation you it screws with the format...

Also when you "flag" your questions so you can remember to finish them at the end... is this format similar to how WebCt does it?

Sorry for all the questions :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

the laminated pages provide more than enough space to do your calculations. If you do run out, you can raise your hand for more pages..

For the essay, there is no spell check. Word processor is like an advanced notepad with cut, copy and paste in the toolbar. You can highlight too..I didnt indent, but I am sure you can.

When you flag the questions, You can click the "Review Screen" and click "Review Flagged" or "Review Unanswered", or "Review all" at any time.

Will we be provided with scrap paper for Bio sections or is it only the quan sections? I ask because I use the foil method for the genotype questions.

Yes, I was given the pages at the beginning of the test. It also has the instructions for adjusting the chair. :p

From what I have been reading you will be receiving 6 laminated sheets and a marker, you can only write in the front and you can't erase anything... is that correct?

I wrote on the back? :confused: Seriously, why can't you??

I suppose you could spit on the board to erase it, but IIRC they were wet erase markers. Just ask for another one between sections if you start getting low.

And should you run out, you must raise your hand and a proctor will come to your aid (which will cost you about 40 seconds)... is this also correct?

Normally. I got the ADA accessible room because I was the last one taken in to test, so it took the proctor a little longer to get to me so I could take my break (like a minute) & I was told to stand up & knock on the window.

And for the essay writing... which word program is used? Is it just a regular word document with no spell-check? Are you allowed to copy and paste? And are you supposed to indent? I ask this because I know when you submit writing passages online when indentation you it screws with the format...

You'll be writing it in a word processor much like this one. I'm not sure where you'd copy & paste from / to, but I believe you can? I'm pretty sure you can use tab to indent, although I didn't.

Also when you "flag" your questions so you can remember to finish them at the end... is this format similar to how WebCt does it?

I'm not familiar with WebCt. There's a page you get to at the end that shows whether you've answered each question or not & whether you've flagged each question or not (it's a grid with question numbers on it). You can click on each question from this screen to go directly to it.

Sorry for all the questions :thumbup:

Apology accepted? :p :laugh: