PCAT editing schools receving via PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XxAlbertoxX

Pharm.D-etermined!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to edit the schools for the PCAT you picked, after you paid?

I picked 3 Illinois schools and 1 Indiana but I heard you are suppose to send it to "PharmCAS" if they accept the PCAT.

The Indiana school DID not need the PCAT but I accidentally put it on PCAT to "send" to them.

Also, did anyone not have their scores sent the first time taking the test?? or is it just better to take it early because of the rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest calling Pearson. I'm sure the schools can be changed any time up to close to the test. (Just so you know others are in the same boat: I only applied to MWU-CPG. This school is PharmCAS. I put down to have my test scores sent to them & to PharmCAS, just as overkill, because I was nervous. :p)

If you have the test results sent to any school that accepts PharmCAS, the test results should automatically be sent to PharmCAS instead of the schools. But to be sure, I'd send the results straight to PharmCAS.

If you have your test results sent to PharmCAS, Pearson should be sending all of your results, I believe. (I can't confirm personally because I only took the test once, but I remember someone saying all the results were sent. Also, your schools should want all the results, so they can review everyone's results on an even playing field.) So, the only effect of not sending them right away to PharmCAS is that you'll have to pay Pearson a nominal fee ($20?) to send the scores later. Better to do it up front & cut some of the wait.

Does anyone know how to edit the schools for the PCAT you picked, after you paid?

I picked 3 Illinois schools and 1 Indiana but I heard you are suppose to send it to "PharmCAS" if they accept the PCAT.

The Indiana school DID not need the PCAT but I accidentally put it on PCAT to "send" to them.

Also, did anyone not have their scores sent the first time taking the test?? or is it just better to take it early because of the rolling admissions?

I made this mistake as well for the PCAT last July. I spoke to Pearson about it, and there is no way to change it, but if you select a school that is a PharmCAS school, Pearson will send it to them anyway. The school I applied to did receive my scores. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I'm pretty sure everything you do on that Pearson site is on a no-refund policy.

You're going to have to add schools manually on your PharmCas page if you need more. Other than that, you can't do anything about it.

There is no reason not to take the PCAT early as long as you are prepared.

You will have to pay Pearson to send the test results to PharmCAS during the application cycle you are going to apply. The fee is nominal - something like 20.

For non-PharmCAS schools, I imagine its similar, but I would call the school & ask.