PCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dani91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently was offered an interview at PCO and I was just wondering if some of you who have already interviewed there would be willing to give me a little summary of what the day was like? Also, if you have any suggestions on which airport/hotel/transportation to the school for me to make arrangements to I would appreciate it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I recently was offered an interview at PCO and I was just wondering if some of you who have already interviewed there would be willing to give me a little summary of what the day was like? Also, if you have any suggestions on which airport/hotel/transportation to the school for me to make arrangements to I would appreciate it. :)
Congrats on your interview. The day starts with a short video, then one on one interview, tour to the clinic, lunch and little more tour afterward, them you are done by 2-3 pm.

Airport: Philadelphia international airport. It's good to rent a car from The airport and drive to the hotel and to the school. There are some hotels pretty close to the school, but can't recommend any since I drove there.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! :) I've heard there is a group interview component as well, did you have to take part in one?

I plan on going to the Philadelphia International airport, but I'm only 21 so I'm not comfortable renting a car (plus I think you have to be 25) and a cab would be pretty pricey to get all the way to a hotel near the school so I was wondering what the public transportation is like?

Thank you! :) I've heard there is a group interview component as well, did you have to take part in one?

I plan on going to the Philadelphia International airport, but I'm only 21 so I'm not comfortable renting a car (plus I think you have to be 25) and a cab would be pretty pricey to get all the way to a hotel near the school so I was wondering what the public transportation is like?
There wasn't any group interview, it was one on one. I think you can take bus to there, but I'm not sure which one. Go to hopstop.com and you should be able find some info on public transportation and direction.

Last edited:
Okay sounds good! :) I'll have to check that out or I'll try giving the school a call. Thanks for your help!

Hey Dani, I interviews with PCO 1.5 weeks ago. I stayed in the Philadelphia City Center, and took the rail from Suburban Station to the Jenkintown Station for $5.75. Then, a taxi from Jenkintown to Salus for around $3-4.

When I interviewed, I was told that they were actually full, but were interviewing in case spots free up due to withdrawals. I was offered a spot 3 business days later. Good luck to you!

Foster 21. Will you be attending PCO? I just got accepted as well.

Hi Foster 21, thank you so much for letting me know what you did! I'll definitely look into that option. I read on the website that a cab from the airport to the school would be around $70 so I'd rather avoid that! Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Foster 21. Will you be attending PCO? I just got accepted as well.
Hi Xtermination, I have offers from PCO and NECO, and waiting on one more school. Leaning towards NECO at the moment.

Dani91, the "group interview" component that you heard about may have been the lunch with OD faculty/OD student. Always assume you're being evaluated. For instance, your interaction with the second-year student during NECO's lunch is evaluated.

Last edited:
Thanks Foster21 that makes sense! I had heard that there was a more formal group interview so I just wanted to double check. Do you remember if the interview was open or closed file?

Thanks Foster21 that makes sense! I had heard that there was a more formal group interview so I just wanted to double check. Do you remember if the interview was open or closed file?
first portion of the interview is closed file, and there is an open file review as well Which may be with the same or different person .

Awesome, thanks for all of your help! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone in my group had an one-on-one open file interview. After the tour of the school, my group had lunch with a faculty member. She asked the same question (why optometry?).
My friend's group had one-on-one closed fIle interview. Her group interviewer asked everyone different questions though.
So I guess the interview can be either opened or closed file. But either way, the interview was more like a conversation. Good luck!

Also, I withdrew from PCO a few days ago so there should be a spot open. Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing w.puggy! :) Also, congrats on which ever school you did commit to :)

i dug the PCO interview I really liked the tour and the atmosphere.

Showed us there gym and talked about intramurals which really showed they care about us relieving stress and such

The day was like what was said above and the interview isnt to hard so youll be fine.

Thanks eyerye! :) Where did you stay when you went for the interview? I'm still looking into a hotel that might have a shuttle to and from the airport.

unfortunately I cant help you there as it was only 1.5 hours away from my school so i made it a single day trip.

You could always find a place by the school and then call up an uber to the airport

Okay thank you! I was thinking of using Uber but wasn't sure if they were readily available in the area.

Okay thank you! I was thinking of using Uber but wasn't sure if they were readily available in the area.
Uber is available and they are very quick for pick ups.

:) awesome, thank you so much! I really appreciate you all helping me out! I've only ever traveled by myself once before so it's a little nerve wrecking

Reactions: 1 users
you are welcome. If you have any more questions about the day or other schools interview (i know mcphs and neco) ask away