PCO vs Suny? Which school will be most beneficial also help me score a better job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fifa518

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
PCO vs Suny? Which school will be most beneficial also help me score a better job? I am debating on which to attend. Living in NYC is expensive, therefore I want to know if it is worth paying more to go to SUNY. If I go to SUNY will I be entitled to better job opportunities, residencies etc? Or will I be given the same opportunities at PCO… When applying to a job, will a graduate from SUNY be given priority over PCO? Also, could you tell me some pros/cons of each school? Will SUNY be a harder school to get achieve higher scores in its courses? I just want to know if the whole SUNY name and experience is worth it at the end when you get your OD.

Thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

While I've never gone to either school, I can tell you that it's much more important to network and understand the market in the area you want to practice than which school you got your degree from. I'd guess that SUNY would give you a better chance at a job in the NYC area, while if you're planning to move somewhere else in the country, it's more of a toss-up.

Reactions: 1 user