PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Philly Biomed orientation date is Thursday, August 11, 2016 from 4pm-7pm according to Nucleus.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Upon rereading what I had previously reread, including this statement with regards to the slide number those statistics were on "Page 25 of the PowerPoint will offer information on the number of Biomedical Sciences students entering the Philadelphia DO program for the 2015 - 2016 school year," 20 students (out of around 80) from the masters first year entered PCOM-PA's DO program. Boom.
Hi, I am new to this thread, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Where is this PPT located?/Is there a way that I can access it? I would love to check it out! Thanks in advance!

does anyone know if we complete only the first year, do we get a certificate? i know the program is "certificate of graduate study" if the master's degree is not completed, but do we get an actual diploma-type certificate thing? just wondering, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply with a GRE score and received an acceptance? If so what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

does anyone know if we complete only the first year, do we get a certificate? i know the program is "certificate of graduate study" if the master's degree is not completed, but do we get an actual diploma-type certificate thing? just wondering, thanks

You get a certificate only . Upon completely the second year you get a masters.

You get a certificate only . Upon completely the second year you get a masters.

yes but is it an actual, tangible piece of paper type of certificate? or simply an invisible credential you can state on applications/resumes?

basically, will i have something to hang on my wall if i complete only 1 year? lol

Anybody attending the Philly program looking for roommates? I'm looking into apartments which all seem to be 2bedrooms max or maybe at houses if there are more people interested.

Also does anybody know if a Facebook group has been made for this class yet? I tried searching but didn't see one for 2016-2017.

Hey, do you know if there is a facebook group yet? If not, I can make one because I'm currently having a hard time looking for a roommate as well!

Reactions: 1 user
yes but is it an actual, tangible piece of paper type of certificate? or simply an invisible credential you can state on applications/resumes?

basically, will i have something to hang on my wall if i complete only 1 year? lol

You should check with the Registrar about this since they get things ready for graduation, do verifications so they will know if they issue some sort of paper cert

I completed only one year of the biomed program and there were no physical copy of the certificate issued. Not sure if they forgot about it since I enrolled in the DO program the following year or there were actually no physical copy. Hope this helps.

Hey, do you know if there is a facebook group yet? If not, I can make one because I'm currently having a hard time looking for a roommate as well!
No idea, I haven't found one yet. I'd say go for it if you want to start an unofficial one just so people can get in touch easier.

Hi, I am new to this thread, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Where is this PPT located?/Is there a way that I can access it? I would love to check it out! Thanks in advance!

This ppt was presented at PCOM's graduate open house and was sent to each accepted student to the biomed program. I don't know if there's any other way to access it.

I applied yesterday, just found out about this program. Didn't get a confirmation email or anything. Should I go ahead and send in transcripts and all?

Did you get a decision yet? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who applied and got in already, what was the eta on hearing back on whether or not you got in (from the time all of the required materials were submitted)?

For people who applied and got in already, what was the eta on hearing back on whether or not you got in (from the time all of the required materials were submitted)?

Completed on the 18th. Acceptance letter marked for the 19th. Acceptance letter received today 23rd

I had a similar experience with @Vgroober. My application was marked complete on April 18th, I received a Congratulatory email from Kevin Zajac April 20th, and the physical letter marked as April 18th and I received it on April 20th.

I was surprised the turn around was that quick. We probably just got lucky.

I had a similar experience with @Vgroober. My application was marked complete on April 18th, I received a Congratulatory email from Kevin Zajac April 20th, and the physical letter marked as April 18th and I received it on April 20th.

I think we did get lucky. I don't have my nucleus login yet. Do you know what days classes are? I heard they are from 5-9 but I'm not sure what days.

I think we did get lucky. I don't have my nucleus login yet. Do you know what days classes are? I heard they are from 5-9 but I'm not sure what days.
Yeah! Monday's, Tuesday's, and Thursday's 5pm-9pm. Do you need the orientation info, too (like location, date, time)?

Yeah! Monday's, Tuesday's, and Thursday's 5pm-9pm. Do you need the orientation info, too (like location, date, time)?

Yes that would be great thank you!
How long did it take for you to receive you nucleus log in?

Yes that would be great thank you!
How long did it take for you to receive you nucleus log in?
eb7kut.jpg

(Makes me feel good when they say "transitioning to medical school" haha, someone must have mistyped.)

It took me 10 days. I received my Nucleus info on April 28th. You should join the Facebook group for the program's 2016-2017 accepted students in the Philly campus. The link is in an early post by someone.

Oh! I just realized we never clarified if you're asking about the PA or GA campus. All the info I've provided is about the program in the PA campus.

eb7kut.jpg

(Makes me feel good when they say "transitioning to medical school" haha, someone must have mistyped.)

It took me 10 days. I received my Nucleus info on April 28th. You should join the Facebook group for the program's 2016-2017 accepted students in the Philly campus. The link is in an early post by someone.

Oh! I just realized we never clarified if you're asking about the PA or GA campus. All the info I've provided is about the program in the PA campus.

Thank You!!! Yes I'm talking about the PA campus. I'll definitely join

Awesome, I had my completed app marked today so hopefully I'll hear back soon!

Just got my acceptance! Can anyone post the link to the fb group and does anyone need a roomie for next year? Just DM me if you don't feel comfortable posting on here

Reactions: 1 users
you still looking for a roommate?

For the older postbaccs who had to take their mcat again while in the program, any advice on when to study and how to approach the test taking process.

Reactions: 1 users
How have you all been accepted so early, my application has been complete since end of April. :(:(:(
Gpa 3.05 MCAT 491

Probably because of your MCAT score, but don't be discouraged

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Probably because of your MCAT score, but don't be discouraged

I am retaking the MCAT july 8th and have been doing significantly better now in the practice FLs. Should I have waited to apply in case I get rejected and could have applied later like some of the people who got in 2 weeks before class?

Possibly but idk if you can rescind your application tbh

Would like to attend PCOM SOM. Do any of you guys know what MCAT range they are looking for upon successful completion of the biomed (non thesis) program?

Would like to attend PCOM SOM. Do any of you guys know what MCAT range they are looking for upon successful completion of the biomed (non thesis) program?

Everything is variable. From what I've heard, PCOM looks at each applicant holistically and determines if someone would be a good fit. Say you finished the first year with a 3.5 and you have a good relationship with faculty members and good letters of rec, I'd guess that a 502 or higher would be a good score for matriculation (if everything else is consistent).

I'm going to take the exam tomorrow. I hope it goes well with the verbal this time.

is it possible to study for the mcat while in the program? I know I wont have time during this summer to do a full review to take the exam, but are there any study schedule people completed during school so that they could still be involved, get good grades, and get the mcat score?

How'd it go?

I think it was fair overall. The biology section was pretty hard and the CARS had interesting passages but it was just an extra paragraph or two longer for each passage. I barely finished on time with CARS and had to guess a few questions. Psych was straightforward and C/P had like 1 or two experimental type passages and a lot of organic chemistry.

So the application portal or whatever is asking for Biomedical Sciences $500 admission fee. Does that mean I got accepted? I called them and she said she can't tell me and I'd only know if I get the mailed acceptance letter.

So the application portal or whatever is asking for Biomedical Sciences $500 admission fee. Does that mean I got accepted? I called them and she said she can't tell me and I'd only know if I get the mailed acceptance letter.

I think so! Congrats!!

Is anyone still looking for a housemate (GA Campus) ?? I am from California.