PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a minimum mcat requirement for their DO program if you do get a 3.0 during post bacc?

Stated minimum is a 24 (at least 8/8/8) for the guaranteed interview, but people have gotten interviews without meeting that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty sure I'll be attending PCOM-PA for Fall 2015 :) Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those of you that got in! I'm in the first year of the program, if you guys have any questions feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 users
I sent my deposit in the day I received my letter. Have you received anything from admissions since then?

Yes I got my PCOM email and login to nucleus...also they email you a welcome packet it will take a couple weeks though after the deposit

Finally marked complete as of yesterday

Do you guys think it is too late to apply to this program? I've just come across it.

I was deferred in late February :( still hoping for the best. I really want to attend

Received my acceptance letter today! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was marked complete on the 6th of March. I emailed today for a status update, the admissions coordinator for the GA campus told me that I should receive an answer within 2 weeks and that my file was still in review with the committee.

And, am I interpreting this financial aid right?? The total cost of this program is 100k?!

Definitely not cheap :sour:
Well it was a lot of fluff added like "personal" expenses, transpiration room and board etc, so when I took that out and just did tuition and fees, which is what I wanted it was around 57k, so I felt much better

Hello! I'm new to SDN! I received my acceptance letter for the GA campus this past Monday! Stats are pretty low
GPA 3.3 and MCAT 20. I plan on retaking MCAT next summer. Had strong letters of rec and good experience. Took about 2 weeks to get my letter from the time my app was considered complete. Really excited to start this fall.

Reactions: 2 users
Well it was a lot of fluff added like "personal" expenses, transpiration room and board etc, so when I took that out and just did tuition and fees, which is what I wanted it was around 57k, so I felt much better

That added fluff has to come from somewhere $$. Is anyone planning on working part-time during the program?

PCOM-GA BM1 right now..

All I'll tell you guys is that this program is not intended to be easy. However, they'll accept just about anyone. A few of my classmates applied the last day, got accepted the same day.
Some of the professors are pretty hard-ass, some are not-so-great at teaching, and some are really f'in eccentric.
You'll find out who I'm referring to, once you go through your first quarter as a BM1.

There are pretty cool professors, but those are few and far between.

Tuition is about 8.5k/quarter. Roughly 26k/yr.
Overall, I'd rate this program at 6~7/10. If you do well in the BM program, you will more than likely get an acceptance to the DO program here.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems a little disorganized. I received a receipt for my application fee but then its still not updated online. And that was almost a month ago. :/

Oh yeah, GA campus is VERY unorganized.

That added fluff has to come from somewhere $$. Is anyone planning on working part-time during the program?
I know it has to come from somewhere but I was just inquiring on tuition that's all I wanted to know. And those numbers will vary depending on where you live and how you pay for it etc that's why I just wanted tuition, specifically COA not cost of living. I hope that makes sense. And I would like to work a few shifts to maintain my licensure as an RN, and just have a little money on the side if doable. I know someone who is about to graduate from the program and told me classes are in the evening 4-9, does anybody know if that's still the same??

Last edited:

Yes, I am to help with bills and housing. I interviewed for a research assistant position last week at Upenn, but it's 30 hrs a week & the biomed students I spoke with said it's very difficult to work.

How many seats are there for this program?

Our class was about 90, before people dropped. I'm not sure on the decisions.

Still haven't gotten updated on my application fee even after speaking with the Director.... -__________-. I feel like they lost it and just decided to blow me off.

I completed my app 02/23 and still haven't heard back from with a decision which makes me nervous. I must be borderline. My GPA is killing me at a 2.5. It was my intention to enroll in this MS program and do extremely well to make up for my poor uGPA. I sat for the MCAT for the first time 11/7/14 and managed a 30 (8, 12, 10) so I'm not too worried on that front

Last edited:
How are decisions sent out? Via email or regular mail?

everyone in the post is saying "letter" so I'd assume it's through snail mail... you know what they say about assumptions though

I completed my app 02/23 and still haven't heard back from with a decision which makes me nervous. I must be borderline. My GPA is killing me at a 2.5. It was my intention to enroll in this MS program and do extremely well to make up for my poor uGPA. I sat for the MCAT for the first time 11/7/15 and managed a 30 (8, 12, 10) so I'm not too worried on that front

I was accepted to PCOM-PA and my GPA was similar except I did some additional post-bacc coursework to raise it a bit. My MCAT was far worse.

I was accepted to PCOM-PA and my GPA was similar except I did some additional post-bacc coursework to raise it a bit. My MCAT was far worse.
Thanks for the reassurance. Was your application turn around time similar as well?

^ Not quite the same experience. I heard back within a week of being complete on March 10th which was possibly an effect of living about 10 minutes away from the school.

^ Not quite the same experience. I heard back within a week of being complete on March 10th which was possibly an effect of living about 10 minutes away from the school.
Maybe I'll call and ask what the deal is... between this and drexel DPMS and BU... not counting on getting in the latter 2 though

Guess I'll just keep checking the mail
I literally just called the Admissions Coordinator and she says they'll be mailing out decisions by Friday and we should hear sometime by next week. If your app is to GA-PCOM that should apply to you as well

Yeah I emailed last week and they told me "within in the next two weeks", which would be next week. We will see! @DocJuan did you apply to philly campus?

Yeah I emailed last week and they told me "within in the next two weeks", which would be next week. We will see! @DocJuan did you apply to philly campus?

Nope! Although I'm from the philly area. I live in atlanta now though so GA-PCOM would be simplest. I have however applied to Drexel's DPMS program! (which is my number one choice for obvious reasons).

Nope! Although I'm from the philly area. I live in atlanta now though so GA-PCOM would be simplest. I have however applied to Drexel's DPMS program! (which is my number one choice for obvious reasons).
Okay cool. I applied to the Gerogia campus. When were you complete?? So here's to finding out next week hopefully! I live in Texas so maybe the end of next week.

Okay cool. I applied to the Gerogia campus. When were you complete?? So here's to finding out next week hopefully! I live in Texas so maybe the end of next week.

Awesome, good luck to us both then and hopefully we are classmates! My app was marked as complete on 02/23... and I've literally been thinking about it every day since lol

Hey guys!

I just submitted my deposit for PCOM GA. Went to Penn State for undergrad, 3.4 cgpa, under a 3 science gpa and a really low GRE score. I also had my application completed by the end of feb and heard back from both Philly (They're going to make a decision apparently when i finish this semester) and GA by the end of march. Hope you guys hear back soon! :)

And oh yeah does anyone have stats of how many people/percentage of PCOMs biomed students get into med school? They keep on giving me mixed statistics.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!

I just submitted my deposit for PCOM GA. Went to Penn State for undergrad, 3.4 cgpa, under a 3 science gpa and a really low GRE score. I also had my application completed by the end of feb and heard back from both Philly (They're going to make a decision apparently when i finish this semester) and GA by the end of march. Hope you guys hear back soon! :)

And oh yeah does anyone have stats of how many people/percentage of PCOMs biomed students get into med school? They keep on giving me mixed statistics.
I'm so confused. Who is going to make a decision after you finish? The school, if so why are they waiting? When you say you heard back exactly what do you mean?!