PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it way too late to apply to the GA campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who received a waitlist letter hear anything back from pcom?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea what takes the committee so long to review? My app has been complete since March 6th? And was told the committee would meet again in a few weeks to review applications and "hopefully" I would have my decision.

Were you deferred of a decision or that's what you got in your confirmation email after submitting your app?
Does anyone have any idea what takes the committee so long to review? My app has been complete since March 6th? And was told the committee would meet again in a few weeks to review applications and "hopefully" I would have my decision.

No, I have no decision period. Just saying my application in January. Had some issues with transcripts etc, got that all squared away, then got an email in March saying my application was now complete.

Oh ok hopefully good news is on the way
No, I have no decision period. Just saying my application in January. Had some issues with transcripts etc, got that all squared away, then got an email in March saying my application was now complete.

just got accepted into the Philly program!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! See you then! Nucleus has a housing forum where you can post if your looking for roommates and see others who are looking...I posted and found an apartment and roommate relatively quick it's really convenient!

YAY! Congrats! Just got my letter!! Looking for roommates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, just got accepted into Philly program.

does anyone know if there is facebook group?

Also any advice on the program would be greatly appreciated. I'm still waiting to hear back from VCOM and think it will be difficult to make a decision between the two.

Hey everyone, when you applied to PCOM biomed what did you answer to the scientific research experience if you did not have research experience? I spent most of my time getting clinical hours over research.

Hey everyone, when you applied to PCOM biomed what did you answer to the scientific research experience if you did not have research experience? I spent most of my time getting clinical hours over research.

Did you do any kind of scientific research projects at your undergraduate school?

Hi, I was accepted into the program and like you I focused on the clinical vs research side of things. I simply said I did not have any research experiences

I was accepted to the PA MBS program today. GPA is 3.1 and DAT AA is 19.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you withdraw your acceptance after you've sent the deposit?

I'm sure you can e-mail or call and let them know that you won't be attending but unfortunately I don't think you can get the money back.

GA PCOM must be incredibly slow then, I havent heard anything :(

Are you suppose to do all your activities in just FOUR LINES?!? There is no option to add another activity or email them a CV?

Application for Philly was complete May 4. I did not receive email confirmation my app was under review yet. How long was it from completed app to email to letter? My stats are 3.4 overall gpa, about 3.2 sgpa, 149 Q GRE, 164 V GRE, good research experience. What are my chances this late in the game? Anyone know if seats are still open in Philly?

Are you suppose to do all your activities in just FOUR LINES?!? There is no option to add another activity or email them a CV?
I just highlighted the related activities.

Application for Philly was complete May 4. I did not receive email confirmation my app was under review yet. How long was it from completed app to email to letter? My stats are 3.4 overall gpa, about 3.2 sgpa, 149 Q GRE, 164 V GRE, good research experience. What are my chances this late in the game? Anyone know if seats are still open in Philly?

One thing I appreciate about PCOM-PA school admin is that they're very helpful and prompt. You should try calling the office of admissions to find out about the number of seats still open. Your stats look pretty good probably a little above average actually.

One thing I appreciate about PCOM-PA school admin is that they're very helpful and prompt. You should try calling the office of admissions to find out about the number of seats still open. Your stats look pretty good probably a little above average actually.
I actually did call before I applied to ask if there were open seats and the Admission person who answered the phone said she wouldn't release that info. I guess it depends who answers the phone haha. Thanks for your feedback!

I actually did call before I applied to ask if there were open seats and the Admission person who answered the phone said she wouldn't release that info. I guess it depends who answers the phone haha. Thanks for your feedback!

Wow! Yeah I guess it does depend on who answers. In past threads on SDN I've seen people getting an answer to that question when they called.

Anyway, I don't think it's too late to apply. Their website says the class fills up by June so they encourage you to apply early but your stats are pretty good. Even if the class is full and you get put on a waitlist there's always a chance that someone might drop their seat at the last second.

I submitted on April 20th, with everything marked in on May 1st, any idea what kind of turn around time I should be expecting? Stats are 3.43gpa and a slightly higher BCPMgpa with grade replacement and a 30 (9/10/11) MCAT score which I'm pretty sure are above average marks for this program. Hoping my marks will make up for the late application and that I hear back soon! Good luck to everybody still waiting to hear!

Just got my PCOM-GA MBS acceptance today. GPA: 3.33 MCAT: 28 Anybody that has been in the program have any outlook on the professors and extent of research experience in the program? Does anyone know what is the % of students that get into MD/DO after completion of the 1st yr? And if we want to go for the full masters degree, do we have to apply during the middle of the first year or are we automatically accepted to complete the full 2 yr masters? Thanks!

Received my waitlisted letter today. I guess now its just a matter of hope and prayer :/

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist??

I would really like for my application status to switch to complete. I have a 3.39 and I took the GRE. I have like 3 years of research experience and 1 year of healthcare experience. I am just afraid my letter writers will be so slow the available spaces will fill up.

Last edited:
Any one that accepted to the GA-PCOM Biomed program looking to live with a roommate?? PM me!

Anyone that got deferred heard anything yet?! :/ waiting is no fun. If they are going to end up denying me I'd rather know already lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, for anyone is going to PCOM PA.... do you have suggestions on apartments? thanks

My letter of recommendation was posted under the additional documents section and not the requirement section. Did this happen to anyone else. The website says we can submit one letter of recommendation in lieu of a committee letter.

My letter of recommendation was posted under the additional documents section and not the requirement section. Did this happen to anyone else. The website says we can submit one letter of recommendation in lieu of a committee letter.

Yes, that's actually fine if it's from a science professor. Once they review your application they will move it from the additional documents section. The samething happened to me, but it wasn't an issue.

Received my acceptance to Philly campus. If anyone has advice on good apartments or anyone need a roommate PM me!

Hi All!

I'm new to SDN, but I made an account after receiving my acceptance letter to the MS program at the Philadelphia campus today!!! I'm still unsure if I'm going to attend, I feel like this is all happening so quickly and I've yet to even visit the campus or meet with an admissions counselor or anything. Has anyone done this? If so, can you share what you learned from your visit?

Look forward to meeting you all in person if I do decide to do the program! :)

For those asking about housing options: after you've received a username from the school you can sign into Nucleus on PCOM's website and there's a housing group specifically for PCOM students on the 'resources for students' page. That might be able to help you out.

Last edited:
Hi, I was accepted into the program and like you I focused on the clinical vs research side of things. I simply said I did not have any research experiences

Thank you for your help. I around 2.5 weeks ago and received my acceptance letter! So excited!!!