PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my delayed decision letter in March and received my waitlist letter today. PCOM seems to love making people play the waiting game...
From the PA campus?

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder why so many people got deferred/delayed admissions and those who were direct accepted still got late acceptances. Was it that many applicants? How many seats for both PA and GA??

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why so many people got deferred/delayed admissions and those who were direct accepted still got late acceptances. Was it that many applicants? How many seats for both PA and GA??
I wish I knew. They don't really answer those questions when you ask them, it's so frustrating.

It's just so unorganized. I applied in January, complete in March and heard nothing. No waitlist, deferred nothing. Then randomly get accepted June 1. I thought my app was silently rejected or lost lol

Reactions: 1 user
It's just so unorganized. I applied in January, complete in March and heard nothing. No waitlist, deferred nothing. Then randomly get accepted June 1. I thought my app was silently rejected or lost lol
Like I said they love the waiting game lol

I applied for Ga- Pcom on like May 6 after Ms. Cannon sent out an email talking about the program then my application was complete on like May 18th when they got my last transcript. They have my acceptance letter dated for May 25th and it was postmarked May 29th and I got the letter on June 1st. So I am not sure how they decide acceptances vs deferrals vs rejections.

Does anyone happen to know when the due date for applications is for this cycle? I'm sure it is too late to apply but just curious.

Does anyone happen to know when the due date for applications is for this cycle? I'm sure it is too late to apply but just curious.

There's no deadline but their website says the seats are usually filled by June

I applied for Ga- Pcom on like May 6 after Ms. Cannon sent out an email talking about the program then my application was complete on like May 18th when they got my last transcript. They have my acceptance letter dated for May 25th and it was postmarked May 29th and I got the letter on June 1st. So I am not sure how they decide acceptances vs deferrals vs rejections.

Yeah my experience was similar. After I was was marked complete back in March I received an acceptance letter from PCOM-PA within a week. It sucks to see all these people left hanging with the wait-list. Judging from past PCOM Biomed SDN threads it's common for them to send out late decisions so I seriously thought I was going to be in the same boat when I applied.

It
There's no deadline but their website says the seats are usually filled by June

Yeah my experience was similar. After I was was marked complete back in March I received an acceptance letter from PCOM-PA within a week. It sucks to see all these people left hanging with the wait-list. Judging from past PCOM Biomed SDN threads it's common for them to send out late decisions so I seriously thought I was going to be in the same boat when I applied.
it's probably based on stats. I know other schools have priority over the applicant stats. So I'm sure if someone exceeds their minimum requirements Ect they would just automatically accept them and for others on the boarder they may make us wait a little :/ maybe not but just a thought

It

it's probably based on stats. I know other schools have priority over the applicant stats. So I'm sure if someone exceeds their minimum requirements Ect they would just automatically accept them and for others on the boarder they may make us wait a little :/ maybe not but just a thought

That's the thing, my stats weren't close to their average. I am a PA resident though. Not sure if there's a bias.

That's the thing, my stats weren't close to their average. I am a PA resident though. Not sure if there's a bias.
There might be bias, but I am a PA resident too and my stats are above their average. It's confusing, wish I knew how they make these decisions.

Same here. My stats were not the best and I was accepted within a week in late Feb or early March, and I'm not at PA resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah my stats aren't that great either. But I am a Georgia resident and I applied (and was rejected) from their osteopathic program so maybe that made a difference.

My friend applied to both schools, and was waitlisted at PA (still hasn't heard back), but accepted at GA. I think the admissions committee is probably just more selective at PA and/or the competition is stiffer.

Did anybody else get a friend request from Aise Cannon on FB?

She commented on my status and liked my photos lmbo. At Least now she can put a face with the annoyance, I bug her a lot

I just got an email saying my deposit has been confirmed anybody know how long it takes before I can log into nucleus and get other corresponding information

Do you get your nucleus ID via email? I got an email from financial aid telling me to check nucleus but idk how to log in

Do you get your nucleus ID via email? I got an email from financial aid telling me to check nucleus but idk how to log in

Yes in the Welcome message from e-mailed by Student Affairs. The message includes your personal log-in username and a password for Nucleus along with your PCOM e-mail address

Anyone else having issues getting all of the titers and immunizations done? What a pain :lame:

Last edited:
What immunizations do they require luckily I'm an RN so I have most if not everything. Also anybody from the GA campus attend that meet and greet yesterday? Any beneficial info given out?

What immunizations do they require luckily I'm an RN so I have most if not everything. Also anybody from the GA campus attend that meet and greet yesterday? Any beneficial info given out?

Serologic Evidence of Immunity:
A) Rubella, Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella, Hepatitis B
B) All results must be reported
quantitative (meaning a numerical value)
C) Results must show positive not equivocal
D) If titers shows not immune you need to have a booster dose and new titer drawn

I went! It was fun. Two of the professors told us the main thing to remember is, it is ok to ask for help. If we feel ourselves needing help from the jump, make sure we seek them out because they want to help us wayyyy before we start doing bad. We took a tour of the campus also.

Serologic Evidence of Immunity:
A) Rubella, Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella, Hepatitis B
B) All results must be reported
quantitative (meaning a numerical value)
C) Results must show positive not equivocal
D) If titers shows not immune you need to have a booster dose and new titer drawn

I had this done in like Novemember for my job, do you think they will take that or is it to old?

The only thing that needs to be within two months according to paperwork is TB. Tetanus is <5 years

So I got an email from financial aid today about my award packet but I haven't received anything saying my deposit arrived or any login information. Did this happen to anyone else? Should I email Ms. cannon?

I got confirmation from my deposit. It comes from "new students". That's the same email subjects for the login too. If you want a paper trail, like I do, I would email for your records to confirm. What was in your financial aid email

I got confirmation from my deposit. It comes from "new students". That's the same email subjects for the login too. If you want a paper trail, like I do, I would email for your records to confirm. What was in your financial aid email

This email came from the financial aid office and it just talks about how to locate my financial aid packet so I can accept my reward.

I have a question that is mostly for current students, but does anyone know about doing this program with the goal of acceptance to the Physician Assistant program? I know they offer interviews to the DO program. Does anyone know if they offer interviews or know of students accepted to the PA program after a successful year of the Biomed program?

As a follow up to question above me..does anyone know if this program is helpful with getting into MD programs? Or do all pre-med students just go DO after this program?

Does anyone know how to apply for federal work study program. I tried searching for job openings on nucleus and I attempted to find things on the website. It simply gives a list but no information on how to contact the professors and I dont see anything for job applications

Wait never mind, I found the information scratch that lol

As a follow up to question above me..does anyone know if this program is helpful with getting into MD programs? Or do all pre-med students just go DO after this program?

I asked this as well and no one got back to me. Looking at a older PCOM Biomed SDN threads it seems in the past a few students have also applied MD and were accepted after finishing the program. Here's a current example:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...gram-as-a-bridge-to-do.1064573/#post-16410817

Does anyone know how to apply for federal work study program. I tried searching for job openings on nucleus and I attempted to find things on the website. It simply gives a list but no information on how to contact the professors and I dont see anything for job applications

My understanding is that you e-mail the faculty on the list about the job postings listed. Seems like you kinda have to hunt down the jobs on your own.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone applying for PCOM DO program this cycle while in the Biomed program?

Aise said she sent me the link via email for the Fb group and I never got an email, can anyone post the link please

Just accepted this week. So excited!!! Paying my deposit tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my acceptance email from Aise yesterday. I am so excited!

Reactions: 1 users
I asked this as well and no one got back to me. Looking at a older PCOM Biomed SDN threads it seems in the past a few students have also applied MD and were accepted after finishing the program. Here's a current example:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...gram-as-a-bridge-to-do.1064573/#post-16410817

My understanding is that you e-mail the faculty on the list about the job postings listed. Seems like you kinda have to hunt down the jobs on your own.

Thanks for the info!

I will also be applying broadly to MD and DO schools this cycle while doing the PCOM-GA MBS. I was just accepted recently but I'm waiting to hear back from KCUMB and LMU DCOM SMPs before I make final decision. PCOM-GA looks solid and I'm also from Texas like a few on this thread.

Has anyone been looking for or have they heard of any furnished places to live near campus (GA)?

I didn't see any furnished places but I'm renting about 8 miles from school.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the PCOM to process any FAFSA/loan/grant/scholarship information. I submitted mine last week and its been process through the govt but not process through PCOM.

I submitted mine on a weekend but was completed that Monday through PCOM