PCOM Jan11 visit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hulk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who interviewed with PCOM January 11, 2006 hear back from the school yet? :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hulk said:
Anyone who interviewed with PCOM January 11, 2006 hear back from the school yet? :luck:
I was there Jan. 11 and have not heard anything yet...still think it is too soon. Sounds like it might be at the end of the month

Hey guys

I was there on the 11th, and have not heard anything yet. Best Wishes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I take that back

I just got my acceptance, I AM THE HAPPIEST SOUL IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

medhacker said:
I take that back

OH SHOOT!!!! CONGRATS BRO!!! Viva Cuervo!

medhacker you lucky doggtor

medhacker said:
I take that back

woot. Congrats as well!

Hulk said:
Got my acceptance yesterday!! Moving to Philly in June!

mswise34 said:

You doing summerstart in june? I'll be there taking the Biochem summer course.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
I guess that is what I'm taking...some sort of biochem refresher course. Looking for places to live now.

mswise34 said:
I guess that is what I'm taking...some sort of biochem refresher course. Looking for places to live now.

oh cool man. Ill see ya there...i'm going up to PA in march to look for a place.

Hi Everyone!! I was at PCOM on January 9th and I got accepted. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am right now doing some research for fun for living situations. I will not be there this summer though. I cant wait. What is everyone's car situation?? I still dont know what I am going to do. If I live withing walking distance of the school I may not need one?? Congrats everyone and I look forward to meeting you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
mswise34 said:

Congrats mswise, I remember you from the intervu, it seems like we are going to have a pretty straight class :thumbup:

you will need a car. The neighborhood around the school is good but not great. I wouldn't recommend a female walking alone at night. Plus better supermarkets are located away from the school. you end up going to school alot at night, especiallyw ith anatomy and it is cold. Philly mass transit also isn't that great

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
What exactly is summerstart? I haven't heard anything about this yet.

don't waste your money. The biggest benefit is you get to meet some people before the regular prientation, but the time would be better spent earning money at a job. Plus most of the people I know who took it aren't doing exceedingly well in cell and tissue(biochem) so it doesnt help too much. its also not for credit

Marg06 said:
What exactly is summerstart? I haven't heard anything about this yet.

4-5 week summer course dedicated to teaching medical biochemistry and adjusting to medical school (people who have been out of school for a while/ non-trad). From what i read on past posts (04,03) it has helped people. If someone wants to take the biochem class i think it is 650 bucks (I think..could have changed). For some people the fee is waived. I dont have to pay for the course...but i do have to arrange room/board. That does kinda suck because I will be missing out on ways to increase my bank account. I hope that I will be able to work on the weekends during that month (being a waiter or something) :idea: . Time will tell. Can't WAIT!

medhacker said:
Congrats mswise, I remember you from the intervu, it seems like we are going to have a pretty straight class :thumbup:
Thanx medhacker....congrats to u as well. looking forward to new beginnings. Good luck with the next few months of preparation...I know I'll need it.

Congrats u guys,
but like jonny said, summerstart is a waste of $$. dont bother, save that money and party hard this summer. seriously, thats like $600 for 2-3 weeks of diluted biochem. go somewhere nice.

Thanks for everyone who replied to this post. I am proud to say I also received an invitation last Friday as well. After breaking the news to my friend Admiral Nelson I finally was able to get back with this reply. Hope to see everyone this August. Have a great Spring & Summer.

I was just wondering if those of you accepted could give a brief overview of your stats. Thanks

mswise i notice you have the UGA arches on as your icon. so i am guessing you are from the state of georgia. So my question is why are you not going to the pcom campus in atlanta. and the rest of you who are going to pcom can you tell me if you considered the atlanta campus.

bracehead said:
mswise i notice you have the UGA arches on as your icon. so i am guessing you are from the state of georgia. So my question is why are you not going to the pcom campus in atlanta. and the rest of you who are going to pcom can you tell me if you considered the atlanta campus.
I'm not from Georgia...I did my undergrad at UGA (BA '98)

I sent my secondary to PCOM-atlanta but have heard nothing back. Looks like they took my application fee and ran. And soosung, my stats: MCAT 21, GPA 3.51, a lot of volunteer, research and OMM experience.