PCOM schoo of pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got an interview on friday March 29, 2013 and i just got an interview invitation today March 27. Such a short notice but the next interview date available is May 10 so I am very worry. Can anyone give me some pointers??

Members don't see this ad.

i got an interview on friday March 29, 2013 and i just got an interview invitation today March 27. Such a short notice but the next interview date available is May 10 so I am very worry. Can anyone give me some pointers??

It is not bad. Really they just give you a tour, talk about the school/provide lunch, then they get to the interviews/writing portion. It is very straight forward.

thank you smercer,

what kind of essay question would they be asking for? that is probably going to be the worst part for me, writing. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who's been waitlisted for an interview recieve an email or call yet??

Hey everyone!

I'm actually planning on applying to pharmacy schools this summer to be eligible for the class of 2018. PCOM is one of my top choices along with Mercer. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the application process, information about the school, PharmCAS, PCAT study tips and other vital information. I just want to get a head start on the process.

Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I'm actually planning on applying to pharmacy schools this summer to be eligible for the class of 2018. PCOM is one of my top choices along with Mercer. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the application process, information about the school, PharmCAS, PCAT study tips and other vital information. I just want to get a head start on the process.

Thanks!

The application process is fairly simple. Just log onto Pharmcas and submit the required material like transcripts, pcat scores (don't forget to add your CID number), letters of recommendation, etc. Applying early is probably your best bet being that PCOM is a rolling admissions program. As for the pcat study tips, I would highly recommend the Dr. Collins study guides. I took the pcat twice. The first time I did horrific and after studying Dr. Collins material I dramatically improved my overall score. After improving my scores I was granted three interviews and PCOM was one of them. I have been accepted there and will be attending in the fall of 2013.

Does anyone currently know of any living spaces for PCOM-GA? I live in New Jersey and I have to move down there before the start of the semester.

Whoever interviewed on March 29th, if you guys can post as soon as you hear back by mail or email, that would be great! Thanks everyone and good luck!

Heyy I interviewed on the 29th, i thought it was really laid back!! does anyone know if they record us?

The interview process begins at 12. You sign in and take a tour around campus (only one building so there isn't much to tour) with a pharmD student. Then a small lunch. One student of each group will be interview first while the rest write the essay for 30 mins. Then students take turn to be interviewed alphabetically. So if you're the first one to interview you'll be done by 1 ish. Unlike me, the last one, I was done by 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
File completed: 03/18
Interview Invite: 03/27
Interview: 03/29
Accepted 04/05

accepted! letter was dated 4/5. congrats for those who got accepted! see you guys in the fall! :D

Has anyone received an acceptance letter from April 5th interview ?

I went to the April 5th interview and still haven't heard back. Can somebody please post up when they hear back.

Any one who interviewed back in December and been waitlisted? Does anyone know when we probably know about our situation?

I interview on the 25th. Doesn't seem like that many people are interviewing this late. I really want to come to this school. Potentially a good sign to be getting an interview so late?

Also, Rasemadd you interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything??

if you don't mind me asking : when did you receive the email for the interview? and when was your application complete?

Does PCOM automatically put you on a waitlist if you are not accepted immediately?

I was interviewed in Dec and found out that i was waitlisted four days ago. The letter stated that " the admissions committee have not made any decision " so as soon as the committeee decide they told me that i will be called or e mailed.

I interviewed with PCOM back in November. I thought the interview went great, but then two weeks later I received a letter from them waitlisting me. Since then there's been no contact from them. However, in the meantime, I have interviewed with & been accepted to 3 other pharmacy schools, including my #1 pick, so I emailed PCOM on Friday to withdraw my application from consideration.

Good luck to those interviewing and those already accepted!

I got my acceptance letter today ; dated 041913 . Too excited . See you guys this fall !

Interviewed on 4/5/13 and I got an email today that says I was accepted. I haven't checked the date on the physical mail, but it reportedly came in at my house address. I wish best of luck to those still waiting!

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet?

anybody still waiting to be interviewed??

Hey tfit when was your interivew? I hope they will start pull the waitlist students soon. I have been accepted to my second top choice school, but since i live in ATL, i want to go this school badly. If you know some more information please let me know and i will do the same. GOOD LUCK :)

I was pulled off the wait list recently.

I interviewed on 3/29 and received a letter on 4/05 saying I was wait listed. I received a packet in the mail on 4/28 (dated 4/26) saying that I was accepted. I had no previous calls or emails indicating any change from wait list status to accepted. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back and I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall.

Last edited:
Interviewed 4/25. Wait listed 5/3. This is my first choice though. Hopefully I get pulled off soon, if at all

I got an interview invitation today for Friday. I'm already admitted into my top choice, but just curious as to what this school is about.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Just wondering if any one else has an interview for the 24th. I just received an email yesterday!

I received an email too for an interview on the 24th! Kind of complicates things since I was set on going to another school but I really like PCOM so lets see how the interview goes..

anyone know how soon they let you know after interviews? Also, how many students have already been admitted?

Can anyone find out what the class schedule (days and times) looks like for PY1's and post it on here?

Once you get access to Nucleus then you can see old schedules. You should get a packet that will list your user name and pw for login.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

I am afraid that the GPA is very low. At least you have to have 3 science and overall GPA. Try to retake some science classes to bring ur GPA up. I have 3.5 GPA and been wait listed.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Actually, just because your GPA is low doesn't mean you won't get in. You have great background in the pharmacy setting and a decent PCAT score. Find the positives in everything, don't give up.

To those that are currently attending PCOM, how is the class schedule? Is it 8 to 12 everyday from what I know?

I'll make a quick list of things i've seen/noticed

Has the PCOM name on it which is considered to be in the top 3 for Osteopathic schools. (So they take their reputation seriously)

Combined with Osteopathic school so Pharmacy program has access to Cadaver's for anatomy practice and opportunity to do course work along side future Doctors

School is being looked at by Georgia Board of Pharmacy to be used for the Wet Lab Examination for your Pharmacy License in Georgia

Fully licensed pharmacy on site at the school

Just some of the basics of the school. Teachers are awesome and go way above and beyond what you would find at a lot of other schools. There have been plenty of nights at school where a teacher will stay until midnight before a test to answer questions and help out students.

The school is on a 3 term system instead of 2 term system. This means that there are 3 semesters instead of 2 semesters in a year. Each semester is 12 weeks long instead of 18 weeks like the bimester. The 3 term system means you take less classes per semester because you now have an extra semester. I find this gives you more time during the day to digest, learn and study the material more efficiently. Tests are also every week. Normally about 1 test each week instead of every 4 weeks you have all of your test in the same week.

The school has candidate status but what a lot of people don't realize is how difficult it actually is to open a school and enroll students. From what I've read if a school is allowed to open, it is ALMOST always going to succeed. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education is not going to allow a school to open and enroll students unless they legitimately believe that the school will most likely succeed into full accreditation. They do realize that is wouldn't be fair to the students that spend the money for these schools only to not have nothing to show after their 3 or 4 years. The hardest part of the entire process is opening a new school. But if worse comes to worse and a school does NOT become accredited after 2 graduating classes take the boards then the students are transferred other accredited schools of pharmacy. One of the requirements for a new school is to have a backup plan for the students in case the school does not become accredited. Just because a school is new doesn't mean it won't be a great school. The best thing I can recommended is to actually do research on the history of the institution and see what type of school they strive to be because that is how they are going to approach all of their new programs. Example: If Harvard were to open a Pharmacy school, would anyone care that it was only Candidate status? On the flip side, if the University of Phoenix opened a pharmacy school how skeptical would you be of them being successful?
Hi , thanks a lot for the explanation about the school, it is very helpful for me. I have been accepted to LECOM VS PCOM which is I really like because I don't need to move out of town. Can you give me more information about PCOM rotation, is there a lot of opportunities for the students. I did deposit for both school , but still not sure which one should I go for. Thanks