PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takins33613

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody applying here? They are starting a new school of Pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied! I visited the campus in the fall and was really impressed.

god i hope not.. I'm from there and would love a place to work when I graduate! It is def. not a place for a school. I've known they were opening it but paying 30,000/year to be the first class is kinda iffy when there are 3 other schools in ga to apply to. (mercer is 20-30 mins away) I hope all these new school and school distance programs end soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well it seemed decent and is on the same campus as the School of Osteopathic medicine. Maybe not the best location to work, but there are plenty of opportunities in Atlanta. I really liked Mercer as well...

I guess PCOM thought that they couldn't pull off opening a 4th school in Philly.

I am going to finish turning in my application next week. I have turned in everything else but a recommendation and a transcript from a school that I attended for a summer session a couple of years ago

Hi, I have applied also. I went to their most recent open house and the dean, faculty, and staff were very welcoming. I really like it. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything back after applying.
I know I haven't and I'm anxious!

Hi, I have applied also. I went to their most recent open house and the dean, faculty, and staff were very welcoming. I really like it. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything back after applying.
I know I haven't and I'm anxious!

The only time I heard from them was 2 weeks ago when a lady called to inform me that I was missing a transcript from a school I attended several summers ago. My application package just became complete last week and I know they said you'd hear back about 3 weeks after your application package became complete. I thought about going to the open house, but the 4-5 hour drive deterred me.
Good luck!

I just got an email for an interveiw!

February 17th, anyone else here going on that day? My application was officially complete about a week ago.

I just got the email to interview on Feb 24th :) is anyone else interviewing that day?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email to interview on Feb 24th :) is anyone else interviewing that day?

I just received an interview invite via e-mail for the same date today. I am planning on attending the interview. I will leave Florida on Tuesday night so that I can already be in Georgia for the Wednesday interview.

hey, when did u submit ur application?
did u have a degree yet or pending degree?
i am about to submit mine this week.. hope it's not too late..

hey everyone, I sent my application in through pharmcas a week ago, but I am not sure how to go about doing the supplemental- It says on the supplemental that you need to put all your pre-req's and new recommendations attached to the supplemental, along with pharmacy experience etc, Do I have to do this all over again for the supplemental- I mean all of this stuff is attached to my pharmCAS application- Any help would be appreciated, You can PM me or write on this thread- Thanks for the help

hey, when did u submit ur application?
did u have a degree yet or pending degree?
i am about to submit mine this week.. hope it's not too late..

I submitted my application in January and it was a paper application. I have a Bachelors in Health ed, and am finishing an MPH in Epidemiology. I doubt its too late. There is no application deadline, its rolling admissions.

hey everyone, I sent my application in through pharmcas a week ago, but I am not sure how to go about doing the supplemental- It says on the supplemental that you need to put all your pre-req's and new recommendations attached to the supplemental, along with pharmacy experience etc, Do I have to do this all over again for the supplemental- I mean all of this stuff is attached to my pharmCAS application- Any help would be appreciated, You can PM me or write on this thread- Thanks for the help

I did a paper application because they were not on Pharmcas yet then. I typed everything up though

when i found out that the school is now participating in pharmcas, i emailed the school about this cuz i have already requested trnascripts and letter of rec to be sent directly to the school.it's just that i haven't submitted the paper application yet..they told me that i can continue to work on my paper application and jsut submit it by mail.dont need to do pharmcas.

also, at their website, it says u can either submit by paper or through pharmcas..and if u do pharmcas, deadline is march 1..i wonder if march 1 is the lastest deadline allowed by pharmcas tat is why it's march 1

what about the supplemental is what i'm talking about- How do you send it in?

what about the supplemental is what i'm talking about- How do you send it in?

I e-mailed the school and they told me if you submitted through PharmCAS you didn't have to do the supplemental application or pay a supplemental fee.

Has anyone been accepted or anyone heard of someone being accepted? Do they send out acceptance letters via e-mail, mail, or phone?

I e-mailed the school and they told me if you submitted through PharmCAS you didn't have to do the supplemental application or pay a supplemental fee.

really? Thats good news, saves me some money, how long did it take for everyone to hear back???

Well it seemed decent and is on the same campus as the School of Osteopathic medicine. Maybe not the best location to work, but there are plenty of opportunities in Atlanta. I really liked Mercer as well...

Just FYI - there are NOT a lot of job opportunities in the Atlanta area at the moment. I am a P4 Mercer student, and the market is completely saturated at this point. I have quite a few classmates who were active interns (multiple different employers) going into their final year, and they have not received offers from their current employer, let alone anybody else. People who are willing to leave metro Atlanta are getting offers - those staying are going to have a difficult time.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if people who have interviews/have been accepted could post some stats. Also, if have or will have a bachelor's degree before admission. Pharmcas just mailed mine Monday so I was just hoping to see what my chances are. Thanks! :)

Hello everyone! I was wondering if people who have interviews/have been accepted could post some stats. Also, if have or will have a bachelor's degree before admission. Pharmcas just mailed mine Monday so I was just hoping to see what my chances are. Thanks! :)

I can't believe people are going to go to this school
..a pharmacist I worked with at Walgreens is going to be a teacher there
LOL lets just say I hope the rest of the faculty is ten times smarter than she is

LOL lets just say I hope the rest of the faculty is ten times smarter than she is

Hmm, pretty sure I only asked people who have gotten interviews/been accepted to PCOM to respond to me :D not people who want to put people applying to PCOM down. THANKS!!!!

Hmm, pretty sure I only asked people who have gotten interviews/been accepted to PCOM to respond to me :D not people who want to put people applying to PCOM down. THANKS!!!!

A Guy in my pchem class got an interview with a 62 pcat and 3.4 GPA. He is a junior. Good luck! Like the above poster said good luck at finding a job around Atlanta if you choose to stay in the area

Wait...what the heck. I am pretty sure you need a residency to work as a professor.

Wait...what the heck. I am pretty sure you need a residency to work as a professor.

No you don't, at least not at this school. She has never done a residency, let alone stepped in a hospital setting....She was hired as a professor and will also be teaching 2 labs according to her facebook lol

No you don't, at least not at this school. She has never done a residency, let alone stepped in a hospital setting....She was hired as a professor and will also be teaching 2 labs according to her facebook lol

oh Lab instructor. that is fine then. I was about to say....professor?!?!?!

wonder how much pharmacists get paid to be lab instructors hmmmm

I just got the acceptance email too! congrats!!!

I've been accepted too! Will you guys be attending?

how was the interview? i just submitted my application yesterday..hope it's not tooo late...

God help this state....more pharmacist being pumped out from this degree mill...go ahead and flame away at me, but it's true

Yea, why are you in this forum tatodotcom!?

how was the interview? i just submitted my application yesterday..hope it's not tooo late...

The interview was good, it was not stressful at all. You are interviewed by two people, the dean and a faculty member. It lasts for about 30 mins, and then you have to write an essay (similar to the PCAT essays), and then you have a campus tour.
Pretty simple, nice family atmosphere

I submitted my application by pharmcas on the 17th, and it was sent out on the 22nd...still waiting to hear back :xf:! How long did it take for you guys to get your interview invite? Congrats to those who got in!

I got a notice yesterday that my application was being reviewed and invite for interview today. i will decline the interview, today so that will keep the invite open for someone else.

it took a week to hear back from the interview. I plan on attending as of now!

I applied on 2/26 and haven't heard anything as of yet.

For those of you that have been accepted, do you mind telling me your GPA and PCAT score?

Congrats... let me ask you. when did you apply, and how long long did it take to get accepted?

wat is the code to put in when applying for FAFSA?

has anyone got an interview except the people that got one in february? because my application was complete february 2nd and im freaking out because i havent heard anything :(