PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone!!

If you've sent me an email recently I will try to get back to you today. We had finals 2 weeks ago, and then spring break and I was not even able to get online where I was. But I will now be able to get back to helping you in any way I can through the admissions process.

We now also have a student who has been accepted and is attending PCOM in the Fall, who is willing to help as well. She will be posting on here and I will send her emails if it's something she could help with better. Also, if you would like to talk to her as she has recently been accepted and has an even better idea than I do about how it feels to be applying for class of 2015, you can speak with her directly. Her SDN is CheerRX so when you see her that's how you'll know.

G/L everyone! :cool:

Brittany

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed last week. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the school to make a decision and how will I be notify? by mail, email or phone?

I interviewed last week. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the school to make a decision and how will I be notify? by mail, email or phone?

Aisha told me it takes about 2 weeks to decide. Also, more than likely it will be through mail. If it goes more than 3 weeks try contacting Aisha to see whats going on!!

Brittany

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have been accepted to PCOM and are going to PCOM, why did you choose PCOM over Mercer?

Hi Kristen;

First I must congratulate you on your acceptance to Mercer.

If PCOM school of pharmacy was not in existence then, yes Mercer would have been my first choice. However, that is not the case and I had to weigh my options. Mercer is a well known Pharmacy school that instructs and trains over 120 students. If you are an individual who learns better in a smaller setting, then PCOM school of pharmacy is the place to be.

Although, PCOM school of pharmacy is a fairly new institution the choice was clear once I visited the campus and interacted with the students, faculty and staff. There is a diverse culture, but somehow they manage to make me feel like I belong. That led to the realization that there exists an open door policy which would allow me to seek the assistance of my professors at any time.

In addition, PCOM school of pharmacy have developed the curriculum to prepare students to be effective pharmacists in the future, with a collaborative learning environment between the medical and pharmacy student. There is also, advance technology within the class room, wet lab and simulated pharmacy which will enhance the hands-on experience of the students.

Last but not least, the campus is located in a welcoming environment and, PCOM school of pharmacy have set-up various pharmacy experience sites, such as but not limited to the hospital and community pharmacy, located in close proximity, which of course is very important.

I hope I answered your question thoroughly. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

CheerRx

Last edited:
I tried to fill out the FAFSA today and I couldnt find PCOM-GA to add to my school. DO WE GET FAFSA MONEY?!?!?!?!?!

I tried to fill out the FAFSA today and I couldnt find PCOM-GA to add to my school. DO WE GET FAFSA MONEY?!?!?!?!?!

You use the Philadelphia campus for FAFSA as that is the main campus. In Pharmacy school though you are not eligible for grants and scholarships through there, this will make you eligible for loans. However, PCOM has their own fund of "scholarships" and they look at FAFSA and your parents tax information to determine need. Any questions you can email Laurel Starling ([email protected]).

Brittany ;)

Hi Guys;

I just wanted to let everyone know that as Brittany have stated, I have recently been accepted and is willing to answer questions and assist in any way I can. I understand how stressful the application process can be, so please feel free to post your questions here, or you can send me a message.

If you have an interview coming up, just bear in mind that you were selected because you show great potential on paper and the admission committee would like to get to know you in person. I know it's hard, but "try" to relax, be yourself, and let the knowledge and passion you have for Pharmacy shine through....

All the best!!

CheerRx

I was put on the waiting list. :( Does anyone know what are the chances of getting pull off the list and how long?

so i got my acceptance letter today , got to admit it feels pretty good!
anyone know where i need to go get my drug test done ? it says i need it done before the 8th, but does not specify where or any procedure at all.:cool:

I got an email for an interview next week. I was just wondering what type of questions do they ask. Do they ask any questions bout science or chemistry or is it just about urself? Im kinda nervous so any help would be appreciated.

I also just got an interview invite. Haven't been given a date yet but hopefully it will be next week when others are interviewing.

BTW for people wondering I have a 3.00 GPA with an 84 PCAT (I graduate with my B.A. in Chemical Science in April):xf:

I just received my acceptance letter yesterday morning and I'm absolutely thrilled. I love the school and all the students and faculty I've met so far have been amazing. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I look forward to meeting you all. This will be a great four years!

KTLien

Members don't see this ad :)
Once you turn in your forms (and I suppose pay the deposit), you will get an email that will help you go through the procedure. Congratulations on your acceptance!!! :) :) :)

so i got my acceptance letter today , got to admit it feels pretty good!
anyone know where i need to go get my drug test done ? it says i need it done before the 8th, but does not specify where or any procedure at all.:cool:

It is mostly about yourself, but if science/chemistry is something you're really interested in, then make sure you mention that. Good luck on your interview! :luck: Don't forget to take advantage of the students who will be giving the tour-- they are super helpful and can answer all sorts of questions!

I got an email for an interview next week. I was just wondering what type of questions do they ask. Do they ask any questions bout science or chemistry or is it just about urself? Im kinda nervous so any help would be appreciated.

The interview questions are general questions that most admission committee would ask in addition to questions that may stand out on your application (about you). There are no specific questions based on science, unless of course you have a unique experience in the field. You should be able to tell why you chose to apply to PCOM school of pharmacy, relate your strengths and weakness, express any pharmacy experience you may have and what makes you a good candidate for pharmacy school. If you do not have any pharmacy experience that is ok, now you will be able to address the reason for choosing pharmacy as a profession. If you are a social butterfly, then that is a plus, if not you should compile questions you know may be asked and those you hope won't be asked, answer them, and practice with a friend or family member. I hope this helps. If you have any other question we are here for you.

Good luck to everyone who received interview invites and congratulations to everyone who received acceptance letters.

CheerRx
PCOM School of Pharmacy Class of 2015

Just a quick question!!! Two days ago, I received an email from PCOM about an interview. I replied back right away, but haven't heard from them since.
Can anybody tell me how long it takes to receive the actual interview time?
Thanks in advance :)

Just a quick question!!! Two days ago, I received an email from PCOM about an interview. I replied back right away, but haven't heard from them since.

I got the same message on the same day. Just heard back from them about an hour ago. It didn't include a time, only that my application was being submitted for an interview session. I guess they don't actually start the process of assigning a date and time until after you confirm.

thank you very much. that def helps me a lot. now i know how to better prepare

Can you tell me how long it took for an actual appointment date, after you had received the initial invitation?
Thanks!

How long did it take for you to recieve your interview invite after your application was complete? I recieved an email on Thursday with a username/password for their website, and notification that my application was complete. Thanks

How long did it take for you to recieve your interview invite after your application was complete? I recieved an email on Thursday with a username/password for their website, and notification that my application was complete. Thanks

I received the invite about two weeks later!

Congrats to the interviews, acceptances, and even wait-listed.

Now, for those still trying to get in or who want more info we have some things coming up at the campus:

The next virtual open house is Friday, March 25th from 12-2pm. To RSVP please email [email protected]

We are having another on campus Open House on Friday, April 15th from 6-9. If interested in attending please call 678-225-7500.

The following virtual open house will be Friday, April 29th from 12-2pm. To RSVP please email [email protected]

These are great opportunities if you have the ability to attend, so take advantage. If anyone has any questions always feel free to contact me. I will do my best to get back to you. If I don't after a 4-5 days..you can email me again, I won't mind. I get busy and things get lost in my inbox!

Brittany :luck:

Got an invite today for interview this Thursday, March 24th. Anyone going??

And do ya'll know how often they schedule interviews? Such a short notice!:scared:

And do ya'll know how often they schedule interviews? Such a short notice!:scared:

I got my invite today for April 7th. They only give you 3 days??? Thats tough! Where are you coming from? If you're from out of state I'm only a couple hours away, if they'd let us I'd be willing to switch days ;-)

I can ask Aisha how they are about switching interview days. But, the earlier the better IMO. They are now doing mon, wed, and thurs.

Brittany

I can ask Aisha how they are about switching interview days. But, the earlier the better IMO. They are now doing mon, wed, and thurs.

Brittany

If you could let us know that, that would be great. I was hoping to get a date a little sooner, and if someone else can't do theirs I would switch in a heartbeat. Thanks!

Just called to reschedule, they told me just Wenesday and Thursday. Had mine reschedule to next Thursday,March31, instead of this upcoming Thursday. Can't wait! :D

Reply if you're going as well!

Just called to reschedule, they told me just Wenesday and Thursday. Had mine reschedule to next Thursday,March31, instead of this upcoming Thursday. Can't wait! :D

Wow ... congrats on the interview date !!!
Just waiting for mine ... don't understand why they haven't replied yet with the date!
;-(

Haha, I just called and took your date :D Interviewing in three days! :thumbup:

Haha, I just called and took your date :D Interviewing in three days! :thumbup:

Nice! good luck! How far are you from PCOM?

I have a test on friday and it'd be a hassling driving to and from for me >.<

haha..i just realized i wrote "wenesday" hahaha

Nice! good luck! How far are you from PCOM?

I have a test on friday and it'd be a hassling driving to and from for me >.<

haha..i just realized i wrote "wenesday" hahaha

I'm about 3 hours away, and I'm right by the interstate so it's just a straight shot for me :)

I think you guys got it all figured out, but Aisha said yes you can change your day if you have a valid reason. Most likely that means they wouldn't let you go earlier, only later.

I hope people who have been accepted join the facebook group!

GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2015

It's a good way to start getting to know classmates and figure out housing and ask questions. Plus all of us 2014 students want to see you!! lol.

Brittany

I was wondering about the essay part of the interview. what kinda questions would they be asking?

Thought I'd finally break my lurking and say hey to you guys.

I got my acceptance email on Thursday!

I agree, it does feels pretty great. =D

Hey,

I just wanted to congratulate everyone who has been accepted and all those in the interview process. For those that have been accepted we have the GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2015 group set up on facebook, so looks us up an join.

I look forward to meeting all my future classmates :love:

Thanks a lot, guys!

I am a little cautious, though. What's the consensus on the precandidate accreditation status?

I'm scared to go through all of this work and have issues when I graduate.

Thought I'd finally break my lurking and say hey to you guys.

I got my acceptance email on Thursday!

I agree, it does feels pretty great. =D

Hi !
Congratz on your acceptance :thumbup: May I ask when your interview day was and your stats? :love: My interview is coming up and I am kinda nervous...:eek:

My interview was March 9th. It wasn't a big deal. Friendly people, basic questions.

Science GPA: 3.51
PCAT:77
Experience:7 months of pharmacy volunteering
Degree: AA only

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, guys!

I am a little cautious, though. What's the consensus on the precandidate accreditation status?

I'm scared to go through all of this work and have issues when I graduate.

I must say that I share your concern, no one wants to go into a situation blind. First, I will say do what feels right to you. In making my decision, I looked at all the things I liked about the school verses other schools and asked my self.. would I pick this school if it were accredited over the othrs? Also I have done my research, I must have read all there is to know about PCOM in PA and GA. I figured if they have been able to create a stable medical program, it would not be a huge leap to do so with Pharmacy. Also I looked at the profiles of the staff members including the Dean and their experiences. Reading those made me feel better, because they did not simply throw together a faculty. Another thing is to make sure that you do a virtual or a in person open house tour. For me going to an open house made me feel better about what was going on at the school in a stress free environemnt (Although you may appear to be attentive at an interview some things can escape you). Also there are professors and students there that are more than happpy to talk to you about any questions. Also know that there are students that have decided to go to this school not because it was the only one that accepted them, but becasue they have faith in it. So make sure you do what you have to do to make the right decision for you :).

As for the accrediation status, I read on the web page they should be up for review in April. Oh one more thing... remember we are the second class to be accepted. We have the advantage of watching others say yes first. :rolleyes:

My interview was March 9th. It wasn't a big deal. Friendly people, basic questions.

Science GPA: 3.51
PCAT:77
Experience:7 months of pharmacy volunteering
Degree: AA only

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :thumbup:

Thank you very much ^^

:thumbup:
I must say that I share your concern, no one wants to go into a situation blind. First, I will say do what feels right to you. In making my decision, I looked at all the things I liked about the school verses other schools and asked my self.. would I pick this school if it were accredited over the othrs? Also I have done my research, I must have read all there is to know about PCOM in PA and GA. I figured if they have been able to create a stable medical program, it would not be a huge leap to do so with Pharmacy. Also I looked at the profiles of the staff members including the Dean and their experiences. Reading those made me feel better, because they did not simply throw together a faculty. Another thing is to make sure that you do a virtual or a in person open house tour. For me going to an open house made me feel better about what was going on at the school in a stress free environemnt (Although you may appear to be attentive at an interview some things can escape you). Also there are professors and students there that are more than happpy to talk to you about any questions. Also know that there are students that have decided to go to this school not because it was the only one that accepted them, but becasue they have faith in it. So make sure you do what you have to do to make the right decision for you :).

As for the accrediation status, I read on the web page they should be up for review in April. Oh one more thing... remember we are the second class to be accepted. We have the advantage of watching others say yes first. :rolleyes:

I think this about hits the nail on the head with my thoughts. Apparently the whole "precandidate" thing is the most difficult step to pass and they have it.

Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! :thumbup:

From what I understand, PCOM is doing interviews until the end of March for this year's application cycle? At least that's what the Supplemental App. confirmation email says. So, I'm assuming that since I haven't had an interview with PCOM up to this point, that I've probably got a rejection letter coming in the mail? Any ideas?

Interview tomorrow! Getting nervous :scared: Hopefully the drive won't be too bad, considering how there's been really bad thunderstorms this week.

Interview tips? What kind of questions did you ask the interviewers at the end?

Interview tomorrow! Getting nervous :scared: Hopefully the drive won't be too bad, considering how there's been really bad thunderstorms this week.

Interview tips? What kind of questions did you ask the interviewers at the end?[/QUOT

My first tip is RELAX :). I know that is a hard thing to do, but realize that they liked you on paper. Now they want to meet you. As far as questions they may ask... make sure you are prepared to just come off the top telling them about yourself. That is a great time to talk about any pharmacy experience. As far as any other questions it will all depend on your particular interview, but the best thing to do is be your self. It is a last minute thing, but you can google "common interview questions" and look through those. I did that for my interview and some questions were the same and others stemmed from my discussion about my self. Oh.. make sure you know why PCOM? So I wish you the best of luck and have a safe drive. :thumbup:

:laugh: Just got my acceptance letter in an email after I interviewed on Mar. 24th!!!:laugh:

They said it would be about 4 weeks before they would send out anything but I guess they were just being cautious! SO EXCITED!!!

BTW the interview was really laid back I had Dr. Wong and Dr. Smallwood and they were both really cool. I was very impressed.

Still waiting for Mercer or LECOM interview. If not, my third choice out of 7 is fine with me!!!

Oh yeah, here's some stats for those still in limbo:

GPA - 3.0
PCAT - 84

6 months experience, and I think I killed my interview :cool: Good Luck!

Last edited: