About the ads

PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Thread Entering 2012

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by mitsubishi1m, Aug 22, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Haven't found a thread for 2012 yet so here it goes! Hope everyone is excited and good luck with all of your apps! This is my safety school but I love the location and have heard great things about the school so far:xf:!
  2. nycrxdream

nycrxdream Scholar

Pharmacy Student
    NCPA SDN 2+ Year Member
    it shouldnt be, it's a really good school. If it wasnt so expensive for me, I would have gone down here; that and it was more easier for transport up here in nyc...
  3. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I'll be applying here as well, and I would love to go to this school. I received a confirmation email saying they'll send a supplemental application at the end of this month.

nycrxdream: Since you've gone through the application process, would you mind letting us know if there are any major essay questions on the supplemental that we could get started on? Thanks!
  4. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Has anyone received the supplemental application? :confused:
  5. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy
    Nope, still waiting. Their e-mail made it seem like not till September 1st
  6. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ok, now I'm seriously getting upset. I have the supplemental apps for all of my schools I'm applying to except for this one. I was under the impression it was September 1st but if I don't get it soon I may have to eliminate this school off of my list of choices. I have already received an interview invitation elsewhere and can't afford to flop deposits around lol.
  7. misterlao

misterlao Pre-Pharmacy Hopeful

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah I agree, they're really lagging on this supplemental application. It was supposed to be emailed at the end of August.
  8. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Just got the supplemental application about 20 minutes ago! You guys should be getting them as well :)
  9. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy
    Never responded but I've also had the supplemental for a while now! I'm excited but I'm also confused about which school I want to attend. If I get into other schools with reputable names and full accred. I'm going to probably have to turn this school down.
  10. tehe123

tehe123

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anyone know if PCOM requires a separate personal essay for their supplemental application? :cool:
  11. misterlao

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Nope, it literally took two minutes to complete the application. I'm not sure what the point of it really was haha
  12. Ayuka001

Ayuka001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    just wondering their first class is the class of 2014 so basically the school won't get full accreditation until 2014 right?
    Also, on pharmcas add school page, is this correct school:
    " Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy - Georgia Campus" ?

I'm getting confused w/the Georgia and Pennsylvania lol
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  13. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    yeah the pharm school is in georgia
  14. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was quite shocked yesterday morning to see a voice-mail from PCOM, already telling me that I should finish my supplemental application. Most schools don't personally call over that! Kind of impressed me that they'd go through all that trouble, most schools just have an automated email reminder. How is everyone doing with getting ready for the first batch of interviews everywhere?
  15. freshnewkicks

freshnewkicks

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I got the same call! Half of me thinks they just want our $50 deposit. :smuggrin:
    I havent turned it in yet but I think I will soon even though I have a few interviews lined up. Just wanna have options.
  16. mitsubishi1m

mitsubishi1m

Pre-Pharmacy
    LOL I thought the same thing but didn't want to bash! haha, and yeah this is my safety school as I stated before and so far I've landed interviews with every program I've applied so odds are on our side!
  17. Buzz12

Buzz12

^ do you guys mind sharing your pcat score since you've already got interviews? I'm taking the pcat on the 29th and just wondering what I should aim for. Thanks :)
  18. Teriyakidog

Teriyakidog

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yay! I have an interview set for November 3, also have one with Mercer the next day and another at south university the next Friday, lol. Busy couple weeks
    Pcat 67
    GPA. 3.2
  19. tehe123

tehe123

Pre-Pharmacy
    When did you send in your supplemental application and when did they give you the interview? I sent mine in oct 17th and still haven't heard back from them. With 8 years experience, an 80 PCAT, and a 3.3gpa I can't figure out why they wouldn't give me an interview :confused:
  20. above it

above it

Pre-Pharmacy
    I sent in my supplemental application on Oct 20th got an interview 7 days later. My interview is on the 9th of November. Does anyone have any interview tips? This is my first interview and its extremely nerve racking.
  21. Teriyakidog

Teriyakidog

Pre-Pharmacy
    I sent in my supplemental about 2 weeks (maybe week and a half) ago before i got the interview email, make sure to check your junk mail too just in case, that's where mine was.
  22. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just interviewed today. Good luck to those of you interviewing in the near future!

Cumulative GPA: 2.7
    PCAT: 64 (before my September 2011 one was sent in)
    Sent in supplemental late September; received notification on October 20

P.S. who else from here was in my interview group today?
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  23. FSUNoles

FSUNoles

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was! The interview went really well.
  24. SamPharmD2015

SamPharmD2015

Pharmacy Student
    i would like to clarify the whole accreditation thing. Currently GA-PCOM School of Pharmacy is at Candidate Status (highest level of accred a school with NO graduated class can earn). But with this status, it also guarantees first four classes to sit for boards.

(Per PharmCas)
    Candidate: A new program that has students enrolled but has not had a graduating class may be granted candidate status. The granting of candidate status denotes a developmental program, which has taken into account ACPE accreditation standards and is expected to mature in accord with stated plans within a defined time period. Reasonable assurances exist that the program will become accredited as programmatic experience is gained, generally, by the time the first class has been graduated. Graduates of a class designated as having candidate status have the same rights and privileges as graduates of a program that has accreditation status.
  25. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    I interviewed on Nov. 10th. The interview was really relaxed and quite simple. It started with a tour, then the interview and a essay. I was the only person to interview so other candidates need to start applying! This school reviews applications on a rolling admission basis. AKA First to apply, first ones to have a chance to get in.
  26. Ayuka001

Ayuka001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    thanks for sharing your interview experience :) !
    do u mind sharing your stats please?
    I was thinking about applying here but my first pcat was super super low :/
  27. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    PCAT score 47, GPA 3.0. Bachelors degree in Biomedical Science. 3 1/2 years retail experience. 1 1/2 years hospital experience. Kinda low GPA and PCAT score, but I worked full time during my undergraduate coursework so I included that as well.
  28. williampharm

williampharm

Pre-Pharmacy
    New to the forum, thinking of applying to this school in the coming weeks. Finalizing all my applications/letters of recommendations as we speak. Would love to hear from people who have applied/are applying here. I'm a Florida resident so I will be applying to a couple schools in state as well.
  29. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    Have you received an acceptance letter yet FSUNoles?
  30. FSUNoles

FSUNoles

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ya I did today but I giving up my seat
  31. Teriyakidog

Teriyakidog

Pre-Pharmacy
    Had my interview on November 3, and got my acceptance email today! Sooooo excited!
  32. NP5606

NP5606 Accepted Pharmacy Student

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Will you be attending PCOM?

I also got Accepted to PCOM and another school that is a 3 year accelerated program. Tough decisions I have to make!!!
  33. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'll be going to the December 7th interview. any tips from those who have gone through the interview process?
  34. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    Just received my acceptance letter in the mail today! Couple of forms and 500 dollars later, welcome to PCOM Class of 2016! Can not wait to move to GA...
  35. misterlao

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    To those that interviewed already, what impressed you about the school? I received my interview invitation today but I'm not sure if I'm going to accept it because I've interviewed at a couple different schools already.
  36. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    What impressed me is how the class schedule is set up. It is a trimester based program. So you are not craming in a ton of difficult classes at once. You are learning instead of memorizing and forgeting. The area the school is in is beautiful and crime free (GO BRAVES!!!). The school is all graduate students concentrating on school so you dont have to deal with undergraduate students that dont care about anything except drinking anymore. But it all depends on what you are looking for, not us! This is the school that fit me the best, so I have canceled all my other applications to other schools.
  37. gotgame740

gotgame740

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow, that's what I like to hear. I have an interview here on the 22nd. Anyone else on this date??
  38. Mikep10509

Mikep10509

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello, I am interviewing on December 8th. Any good advice from those who interviewed?
  39. zdarkazn

zdarkazn

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My interview date got moved back to Dec 15 from Dec 21 :)
  40. bulls34243

bulls34243

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello,
    I also got accepted to PCOM. I will be going there as well. Do you know if anyone that is going there is looking for a roommate? If so, let me know.
  41. Mikep10509

Mikep10509

Pre-Pharmacy
    congratulations, when was your interview?
  42. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats buddy! I will be looking for a place to live, but I was thinking of starting a facebook page to get people together on housing. It will be tough for me because I am currently living pretty far away. Super excited for next August already, golf all year round and little if no snow!
  43. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    hey, just got an interview date Jan 12. How long after the interview did everyone find out they were accepted? So the interview is just a tour, then interview and essay? How long was the process?
  44. Teriyakidog

Teriyakidog

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well I received my acceptance from Merced yesterday so it looks like I wil be going there! Also got accepted to south but they didn't really impress me much
  45. bulls34243

bulls34243

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi Drew,
    I found out I got accepted after one week. Yes, it was the tour first then lunch with the student who showed us the tour then either interview first or essay.
  46. gotgame740

gotgame740

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    my interview is actually Jan 4th now, anyone else on this date? also, to those who have already interviewed, any advice?
  47. bulls34243

bulls34243

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I assume you are coming from Minnesota? Have you checked out the apartments the school has posted on their website? We should be facebook buddies since we are going to be in the same class.
  48. bulls34243

bulls34243

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My interview was on November 17th. The interviewers were really nice. The interview process wasn't too long.
  49. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    My interview was Nov. 10th and I was the only person in my interview group. There is a one hour tour, then 30 minute essay and 30 minute interview. My advice would be to be yourself and dont memorize answers for interview questions. They are looking for genuine answers. Interview questions were pretty basic, who are you, why pcom, why pharmacy, what was your last book you read, worst situation you have been in and what you did. Good luck!
  50. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    I sent you a message with my facebook info and I just checked out their apartments yesterday. They all look to have amazing features.