About the ads

PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Thread Entering 2012

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by mitsubishi1m, Aug 22, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Anonymous2011

Anonymous2011

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    My interview is on April 14th as well! I'll see you there :)
  2. rxman10

rxman10

Pre-Pharmacy
    i just received an acceptance email today for pcom. from the 3/15 interview.
  3. Will Eatforfood

Will Eatforfood

I got accepted there today as well. Hard choices......... Sighs...

Wait, RXMAN10, whom were you? I was at that interview there and there was like 7 of us tops.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. rxman10

rxman10

Pre-Pharmacy
    black muscular guy with bald head. lol who were you??
  5. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    hi, I will have an interview on 03/28. COuld you share what kinds of westions that they asked for interview part. Thanks
  6. loquaciouss2000

loquaciouss2000

Pharmacy Student
    Interviewed 3/15.......and got my acceptance letter today..... :)
  7. PharmStudent777

PharmStudent777

PCOM is a very nice school all the teachers and staff were very nice, and when i went for their open house the dean was there and even talked to us, they are very student centered and require that their staff be available as much as possible. The facility's are really nice too, all classes are recorded and posted online. As for the interview dont be nervous the questions aren't bad, google "pharmacy interveiw questions" and they are very similar to what you'll find. I just practiced and spoke from the heart and I was accepted, I think they put alot of value on your interview, my stats are mediocre, but i know i killed the interview and i tried to make my essay answer different, in order to standout. Good luck!
  8. IvyKlub1908

IvyKlub1908

Pre-Pharmacy
    I interviewed at PCOM-GA on 3/14 and received my acceptance 3/21 with a decision by 4/5. I was not sure if I was going to seriously consider the school before the interview but I was completely blown away with the facilities, students and staff at PCOM-GA. The campus really isn't a traditional college campus its more of a large facility in an industrial park/area with no on-campus housing and a small outdoors area but there other business nearby but the building, labs and classrooms are new with lots of technology. The gym, game rooms and cafeteria were okay but nothing special. I liked that the students and faculty seemed very friendly and everyone seemed to truly enjoy being at the school. Also the general area around the school is very nice and seems safe, there are plenty of restaurants, shops and businesses around as well.I also liked that the lectures are recorded and posted online daily and most textbooks can be viewed online so there is no need to purchase hard copies but they can be borrowed from the library in two hour increments. A student also said that they had access to Lexi for free too. The essay was very easy everyone in my group had a different essay question but all questions had to do with our stance on a current health issue. The interview was very laid back and was with a Pharmacy Practice Prof. and a Pharmaceutics Prof. and they asked more general questions about "why pharmacy", "why PCOM", "what area of pharmacy interests you most", "strengths and weaknesses", etc. However, in my interview we ended up talking about my puppy, shopping and funny pharmacy experiences I had, the interviewers were very personable and friendly and really tried to get to know you as a person and it was closed file in regards to grades and stats. I also had interviews at VCU (2/4) and Hampton (3/12) and they were my top choices because reputation and instate tuition but after having the PCOM-GA interview it is a serious contender because I truly feel they will provide everything necessary for students to succeed and they are not yet caught up in the "you need us we don't need you attitude" that the other schools displayed in subtle ways during my interview and tours with them. With all of that being said... if I can make living out of state financially possible PCOM-GA will be my choice! I hope this helps!
  9. loquaciouss2000

loquaciouss2000

Pharmacy Student
    Did anybody find the Facebook page?
  10. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Its GA-PCOM Pharmacy class of 2016
  11. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    From the airport to school, what should i take? Since i am not 25 yrs old, i cannot rent a car
  12. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    its honestly like a good 30 minutes from the airport. I dont even know if buses connect out there.
  13. Shemoni90

Shemoni90

Pharmacy Student
    if you don't mind me asking, were your stats low? cuz mine are and I'm wondering whether thats why i was placed on the alternate list

and does anyone know how many seats have been filled?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  14. Anonymous2011

Anonymous2011

Pre-Pharmacy
    My GPA was pretty low. But my pcat was an 84, so I guess that balanced out a low GPA. I also had pharm and research exp. I got my interview for April 14, so don't give up hope! I was able to score with a low GPA :)
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  15. Shemoni90

Shemoni90

Pharmacy Student
    thanks for replying! ya i have a low GPA too but I hope my experience balances it out. its stressful cuz low GPA gets you qualified like easily at schools, I really have my fingers crossed for PCOM. Good luck at your interview!!!
  16. Chaz320

Chaz320

Pre-Pharmacy
    Just got an acceptance phone call!!!! See all of you guys in the fall Gods will!!!
  17. FarmaC12

FarmaC12

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got my acceptance this week too!! Although I have some other interviews and this was my first interview, I fell in love with PCOM so I'm looking for some roommates.
    During my visit, I spoke to some locals and they said that because the area is newly built up and there was a huge real-estate crash in the area, right now it is pretty cheap to rent private properties in the area. They recommended to get 5-6 ppl together to rent a house.
    I personally like group living and group studying because house chores are split up and the house environment is study friendly, and motivational. Another plus of group living for someone like me who is out-state, is that I don't have to buy all the furniture for the place.
    I am looking for clean, tidy, respectful, considerate but also fun and anything goes type of roommates. And by anything goes, I mean that they would be ok with friends visiting on some weekends and some partying and blowing off steam activities going on from time to time. As much as I care about my grades, I like to party and live it up when I can. I work hard and party hard. I am a female and am looking to get half males and half females house together, or all females.
    If you are interested in getting a house together, please email me at [email protected]

Congrats to all those you are accepted!! Can't wait to meet you all :))
  18. FarmaC12

FarmaC12

Pre-Pharmacy
    I also had a low pharmcas GPA and low PCAT, I was above 80 for my sciences and math on PCAT but my verbal and writing were in the 30s, so my composite was 60. My low GPA was due to freshman and sophomore year grades and I had many repeats. My overall GPA for the last two years of college and for the prereqs that I took this past year was about 3.4. My overall pharmcas GPA is about 2.7.
    I also had +4 years of research and no pharm experience. I had much leadership and volunteer exp. I got an interview on March 24th and I applied pretty late in the cycle (I submitted my application to them in February). It took them 4 days after the interview to send me the acceptance email.

I hope this info helps! Good luck!!! :xf:
  19. FarmaC12

FarmaC12

Pre-Pharmacy
    lol I'm not either, I took my dad with me. But I think some companies let you rent even if you're not 25. Try priceline, I got my tickets, hotel and car rental from them and I bargained for all and it came out really cheap. My hotel came out to $47/night and I stayed at the courtyard/marriot that's a 3 min drive from campus. My car rental came out to $10/day and I think I could have gotten a lower price lol I love priceline and bargaining. Only downside is that you don't pick your flight times with pricelines bargaining so for a saturday interview, I flew in friday and flew out sunday without picking my flight times. With car you get to pick pick-up and drop-off times. I flew in from DC and regular round-trip prices were about $500-600 a person and I got my tickets for $210 a person, HUGE bargain!

Good luck!!! :xf:
  20. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I think I am going to interview either wednesday or thursday
    I called them and found out that since I can't go to interview on saturdays, either wednesday or thursday work!
    anyways
    for those who already interviewed, when did the day end?
    I know it starts at like 8
    so around 12 I guess?
  21. rxman10

rxman10

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey Guys i just declined my acceptance to pcom so hopefully someone gets pulled off the waiting list or something.
  22. j2271

j2271

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Did anyone get two emails inviting you for an interview?
  23. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I had an interview yesterday. I liked pcom.
    Wonder how many of ppl got accepted and declined the offer..
  24. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I had an interview last week on the 28th. There were 5 of us that had interviews. I know they do interviews on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I assume about the same amount interviewed on Thursday. I see that someone had an interview yesterday 4/4/12. Anyone interview today 4/5/12? And how many of you were there? Just trying to figure out when the committee meets to make their decisions. I heard they meet on Wednesdays. Maybe next week?
  25. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I did an interview yesterday (4/4)
    I think there were about 9 of us all together.
    Who did you interview with? like faculties?
    Did you like PCOM? what are your thoughts?
  26. Will Eatforfood

Will Eatforfood

I am relinquishing my spot so good luck to the person that takes it. I have decided to go with another option. I have to agree with all the previous posters that the campus and facilities did seem nice but personally for my interview day, having been through other interviews, I felt that the presentation from PCOM was a little unorganized. I hardly got to meet with any of the professors besides the two that interviewed me, and only just happen to run into the Dean purely out of coincidence as he was strolling through the hall. It should be more of a priority to at least show me the administrative staff especially if I'm going to devote 4 years and 100K plus tuition. :(

The program is probably superb and deserving of every accolade entitled to it.... I just didn't get a sense of -- well really anything at all on my visit.
  27. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I did love the facilities there very much. I love that it is a new school and that they are still developing the program. I love the new technology as well and that the program is geared towards clinical services. Our interviews were only with two faculty members, so I agree with the other person in that it would have been nice to meet the dean or other faculty, but understood as the school cannot just stop functioning from their normal duties just to meet a few potential candidates for their program. I was very appreciative and thankful to the professors who took their time to meet with us, as well as the students for giving us an awesome tour.
  28. j2271

j2271

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does anyone have an upcoming interview?
  29. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi Dear,
    I just got an acceptance today. I wanna find the room for Fall. I am a Asian girl. Can you give me some more information about rent apartment. Thanks so much
  30. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    When did you interview? I'm going nuts here waiting to see if I will get acceptance
  31. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    Are u from Washington state?
  32. pharmdee82

pharmdee82

Pharmacy Student
    Accepted to PCOM! Super excited to start in August with you all! Where is everyone coming from? Do any of you have access to current student emails/contacts?
  33. j2271

j2271

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does anyone have any interview tips??
  34. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Does PCOM notifities thru email?
    Phone call? Mail?
  35. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got mine through snail mail. about a week and a half after the interview.
  36. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am looking for a room for rent. Any ideas?
  37. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey. Where you from? When did you interview?
  38. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes
    :hello
  39. Prepharm2012

Prepharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    So excited. Got my acceptance email today!
  40. minnesota

minnesota

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats on everyone on being accepted to GA-PCOM! Its going to be an exciting 4 years. We have a facebook page set up for all accepted students, GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2016. Good luck to all students currently working their way through the application cycle. Couple words of advice if you do not get accepted this year, APPLY EARLY! You already have your application completed for this year, so next year it should be easier to have it done by August or September at the latest. The earlier you apply the better chance you have to being accepted. Even if you have low stats ( I had 47 PCAT Cummulative and 2.9 PharmCas GPA) you still have a chance if you APPLY EARLY! Do not wait to start having to compete with the students that have better stats. They will WIN everytime.
  41. loquaciouss2000

loquaciouss2000

Pharmacy Student
    Very true and good advice, you could'nt have said it any better.... Right now we only have about 23 members on the facebook page, so if you already got accepted, you should join, so you get to meet/ have an idea of who your classmates are going be.:)
  42. pharmdee82

pharmdee82

Pharmacy Student
    I got my acceptance letter through mail. Good luck!
  43. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Congrats for those got accepted! Are you guys going to go to pcom for sure?
    Also mind sharin your stats??

Btw who interviewed you guys? How did you feel after the interview??

I interviewed on 4/4 and waiting very anxiously..!!
  44. poutinelover

poutinelover

Pre-Pharmacy

me tooo! has anyone from 4/4 heard anything yet? this waiting is killing me.
    really hope there's spots left.
  45. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Im still waiting as well.. :(
    Im also from 4/4
    I was the only Asian guy! haha
    who were you?!
    We'll probably get an answer next week hopefullly!
  46. poutinelover

poutinelover

Pre-Pharmacy

ahaha the one and only canadian :)
    yeah it appears that way..hopefully good news!
  47. supervy126

supervy126

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am looking for Asian girls who want to share apartment with me. Please let me know if you're interested in. Thanks
  48. j2271

j2271

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Interviewed today! Now I am patiently waiting.:xf:
  49. DawnieRaphael

DawnieRaphael

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do you mind sharing how you felt about the interview and school?
  50. j2271

j2271

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does anyone know if PCOM sends out wait list emails?