PD deleted some "top" programs from program list draft

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanide12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
because he's not worth a damn. There's never any reason not to apply to a program you are interested in if the financials aren't a problem. You just don't get upset when you don't get an interview.

By my other faculty advisor I was literally told this regarding Vanderbilt "you're top quartile of a really good school. You'll get an interview for sure". I don't want to spend money on things like "UT murfreesboro" -_-

Members don't see this ad :)
By my other faculty advisor I was literally told this regarding Vanderbilt "you're top quartile of a really good school. You'll get an interview for sure". I don't want to spend money on things like "UT murfreesboro" -_-

Yeah, sounds like you're a better fit at some of the more elitist places. Your PD was wrong to take them off your list.

Reactions: 1 users
Just apply to vandy. He cant force you not too. You have a decent shot at an interview, not guaranteed but good.

Am I the only one that would pay money for Bird to blog a season on the interview trail (but as the Bird now, not the younger med stud Bird)?
Omg. Lol

The unedited version would be great

From the look of things they sound a lot more intelligent than the unedited posts.

Reactions: 3 users
You gave your home med school and your away rotation in this thread and therefore are going to be super identifiable to all faculty who read this.
(I think you may have made an error in judgment here.)

FWIW, I go to [what I think is] a pretty awesome program, and my PD always says, "We feel lucky to interview lots of good applicants, we rank highly the applicants that feel lucky to be interviewed."

You gave your home med school and your away rotation in this thread and therefore are going to be super identifiable to all faculty who read this.
(I think you may have made an error in judgment here.)

I figured that was why he deleted all of his posts in this thread. It's too small of a world to be giving out so many details and then say certain.....things.