PD emailing???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melki123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, sorry if thread already exists:
I was wondering if PD tend to send a "mass email" as ROL deadline approaches? I received a couple but don't know what to think/expect...... Help

Members don't see this ad.

are you trying to put the finishing touches on your ROL?

ignore them. rank based on your own personal preferences

Thks for the advice. mostly; My number 1 also emailed me. Should i take it "to the bank"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Be nice and professional with these communications, but don't count on anything.

It's hard to know for sure. The best advice is to not adjust your own rank list based on anything other than where you would like to go. How a program ranks you and how you rank them should be two completely independent events.

That being said... at my program (and probably many others), if you receive an email, that means we liked you and you are "ranked to match." In other words, based on the rank order lists from prior years, you will match at our program if you ranked us #1.

are you trying to put the finishing touches on your ROL?

ignore them. rank based on your own personal preferences
Truth. No use in adjusting your rank list based on "recruiting." Order programs the way you want. You never know - just because your #1 may not have emailed you does not mean you aren't ranked to match.

Should you reply to these? Does it matter? I'm guessing probably not, I received a few but I haven't replied.
I responded to the ones addressed/personalized specifically to me otherwise no. I figured just common courtesy more than "wow here's my chance to move up on the list."

I responded to the ones addressed/personalized specifically to me otherwise no. I figured just common courtesy more than "wow here's my chance to move up on the list."

This.

Nothing is for certain until match day, even if they send you an email telling you that they are pretty sure that you do, in fact, walk on water. When I interviewed, I answered emails sent directly to me, left alone those that weren't, and that was that.

Don't get too absorbed in the gamesmanship. Rank programs based on what you truly want and let the NRMP do the rest.

If you get an email from your number 1, I would recommend only ranking that program and deleting the rest of your rank list.
That should work out well.

Reactions: 5 users
If you get an email from your number 1, I would recommend only ranking that program and deleting the rest of your rank list.
That should work out well.
very funny.....