Peak Interview Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoju

I don't want Fop.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi buds,

I am planning my 4th year schedule and am planning to take 2 months off during peak interview season for ENT. As of now, I can either take off November and December or December and January. Do any of you friendly chaps have advice on which would be better, or if it even matters? I appreciate any info you may supply. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

December and January IMO are better months to have off.

If possible, maybe try doing an easier month in November, such as a research month with an understanding PI or something BS like "Teaching 2nd year med students clinical skills" or a dissection course to get time off.

Good Luck!

Dec/Jan is the heavy two months for ENT. A handful of programs have their first interview date in late November, but the rest are Dec/Jan (and it's pretty evenly 50-50 between the two months).

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Thanks for the advice.

Hi buds,

I am planning my 4th year schedule and am planning to take 2 months off during peak interview season for ENT. As of now, I can either take off November and December or December and January. Do any of you friendly chaps have advice on which would be better, or if it even matters? I appreciate any info you may supply. Thanks.

I took no time off.

I did my interviews during a radiology rotation and an anatomy dissection rotation. I think I went to the lab 2-3x over the four weeks and then bought a Dremel drill and drilled out the mastoid and temporal bone. Got an A in both courses. Went on 13 interviews.

Rather, take your time off and go to Europe or Asia.