Pearson Vue Testing Problems! Failed naplex....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacygrad3741

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I took my Naplex last Saturday and while at the testing center I was given 4 felt tip pens that didn't work AND my calculator was faulty - I tried a simple calculation of -2.5 x 1 and got 0!!! The proctor came and did the same calculation and got the same answer, we were both surprised and she got me a new one. I told her to file an incident report but by the time I was done she had left, I waited to hear back but instead got my failing score of 74 - because I lost 15-20 minutes due to the aforementioned issues and thus ran out of time at the end! when I called Pearson the guy said I should get to reschedule and take it again but what do others think?? Do you think they will let me? Apparently Nabp gives Pearson the power to give a test voucher to reschedule if it's the testing centers fault. Wanted to know if this has happened to anyone or to anyone they know? Also.. Has anyone done the rescoring for $100 and gotten a better score after? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

OMG! I never even checked the calculator, well.. I strongly believe you should call the Pearson vue center and talk to the person who knew about all this incident. Also, call NABP customer service and explain the situation. Try your best and do not go for rescoring. I heard its not worth it. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
OMG! I never even checked the calculator, well.. I strongly believe you should call the Pearson vue center and talk to the person who knew about all this incident. Also, call NABP customer service and explain the situation. Try your best and do not go for rescoring. I heard its not worth it. Hope this helps!

Hi! Thanks for replying :) and yessss I did put in an incident report with Pearson and Nabp - I've been calling every day but no one has gotten back to me :( I honestly have no idea what their decision is gonna be but it is truly a frustrating situation! Did you know someone who was in a similar situation and got offered rescoring? I don't think that's fair since I legit had a malfunctioning calculator - but I'm scared Nabp will just ignore it. Thanks again for replying!

I understand how frustrating it is.. I would suggest don't expect too much from the board and whatever happens now one thing is for sure that you need to re take the test. They won't just give you a passing scoring because of a faulty calculator or lack of time. So please don't take it too personal.It happens, this is part of life.. Just make sure all this never happen again. Try your best. Good luck!