Peculiar situation...app on hold after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? Not even sure what it exactly means. Thought the interview went pretty well. They said they will review my file again in a month. I don't like my chances, seems like they are just delaying the inevitable.

Members don't see this ad.

There are individuals that are put on a wait list. You should give the school a call and ask them the specifics.

So your future is on the line and you don't know what it means. Pick up the phone and politely ask what it all means - are you on the waiting list, is there anything they need or want from you? Be decisive.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask what school would do this?

Western...I called them, basically they said they weren't ready to make a decision yet so they would keep reviewing it. My GPA was a bit lower than their average but my MCAT was higher so I'm guessing they are conflicted about what to do. It sucks though because I won't hear back for a very long time and the way I look at it is this is a bad thing because it's only going to result in my app being compared to other apps that come in instead of the ones already there. I don't have much hope now

This happen to me after An interview at western.

They said:

"The Admissions Committee reviewed your application and has decided to keep your application on hold. They will review your application again in mid-May.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best wishes,"

I never called the school, because I became less interested in western after I interviewed at other schools.

I assumed this all means "if we don't find a better candidate we will offer you a spot at the last minute".

Think of it this way, you didn't get flat out rejected.