Pedo post-match openings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prsuser

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning, can someone please put up the post-match open spots. Thanks very much! :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Oops, just heard they won't be posted until noon EST.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the procedure for applying to any open post-match spots once they get posted?

It depends on the program - once the programs are listed at noon - there will be phone numbers that are posted with them. Each school though has a different policy. So I'd call first (be aware that its total chaos)…and see where you get. I know that last year the LMC programs had a message recorded as to how to proceeded for post-match.

Don't give up hope ….post match is crazy and stressful too. If you didn't match this year apply again :) This was my second time applying…and I match at my #1 spot and a fantastic program the second time around due to experience :)

Best of luck everyone!

CALIFORNIA

LUTHERAN MED CTR - SAN DIEGO, CA
C/O LUTHERAN MED CTR - BROOKLYN, NY
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220

Telephone: (401) 456-4441
Director: DANIEL KANE
Program: PED-2 YR - SAN DIEGO, CA

Code: 4893 Openings: 3

HAWAII

LUTHERAN MEDICAL CENTER-OAHU, HI
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220

Program: PED-2 YR - OAHU, HI

Code: 4853 Openings: 3

NEBRASKA

UNIV OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY CLINIC @
CHILDREN'S HOSP & MED CENTER
8200 DODGE ST.
OMAHA NE 68114

Telephone: (402) 559-0643
Director: DR. ZACHARY HOUSER
Program: PED-2 YR

Code: 4283 Openings: 1

NEW YORK

JACOBI MEDICAL CENTER
DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
1400 PELHAM PARKWAY SOUTH
BUILDING #1, SUITE 3NE1
BRONX NY 10461

Telephone: (718) 918-3180
Director: FARHAD YEROSHALMI, DMD FAAPD

Code: 4033 Openings: 2

RHODE ISLAND

LUTHERAN MED CTR-PROVIDENCE, RI
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220

Program: PED-2 YR - PROVIDENCE, RI

Code: 4883 Openings: 1

Has anyone spoken to the coordinator at Jacobi? I've been calling for the past 20 minutes and only get a busy signal...?

Has anyone spoken to the coordinator at Jacobi? I've been calling for the past 20 minutes and only get a busy signal...?

I've only been able to get a busy signal as well. Except for the 2 times that it rang and rang and rang and then gave me a message about the wireless customer not being available.

I got through at Jacobi a few minutes ago. If you applied initially, they already have your application. If you didn't, you will have to send extra stuff.

looking at some past posts, this post match process could take months, thats if you even get offered an interview

LMC southern cal... filled there post match spots

Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Calls were made yesterday to previous applicants. I am a current resident.
You are misinformed. Please check your facts. It is my understanding that applications are being compiled and interviews will be offered in the next month or so. Please get your facts correct before you spread misinformation for what is already a difficult wait for post-match applicants.

You are misinformed. Please check your facts. It is my understanding that applications are being compiled and interviews will be offered in the next month or so. Please get your facts correct before you spread misinformation for what is already a difficult wait for post-match applicants.

OK good luck. Hopefully I will meet you in Cali

Has anyone heard about the quality of LMC programs? They seem to always have a good many spots post match.

OK good luck. Hopefully I will meet you in Cali
Sort of an odd exchange, no? Are there available spots? Id say you have the inside scoop if you're in fact a resident there. Or there could be some conspiracy theory going on ...trying to throw people off from applying there (you did just join yesterday haha).

@kiddoteeth I am the local director for LMC-San Diego and I am writing under the screen name of one of my residents. LMC-San Diego has NOT filled their post-match spots. kiddoteeth is misinformed and is trying to dissuade people from applying. When I find out who kiddoteeth is, I plan on reporting him/her to national match registry, the dental board of California, the AAPD ethics committee and any other regulatory body that will sanction this individual accordingly for this type of unethical behavior. Please continue to apply as there are 3 post-match spots - one of which is not for kiddoteeth

Reactions: 1 user
@kiddoteeth I am the local director for LMC-San Diego and I am writing under the screen name of one of my residents. LMC-San Diego has NOT filled their post-match spots. kiddoteeth is misinformed and is trying to dissuade people from applying. When I find out who kiddoteeth is, I plan on reporting him/her to national match registry, the dental board of California, the AAPD ethics committee and any other regulatory body that will sanction this individual accordingly for this type of unethical behavior. Please continue to apply as there are 3 post-match spots - one of which is not for kiddoteeth
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hotty toddy

epic

That really is amazing. Professionalism at its best.
If you want to be a pediatric dentist go to a program that will accept you. If its accredited, you'll do fine. You learn pedo with a hand piece, a chair, and a pediatric patient. Residency is what you make out of it. And you'll be amazed how much knowledge you'll accumulate when you are out of residency just by doing.

Ha absurd.

Correction: epically absurd. Gunning at its finest finest.

i just copied this from the match website for available post-match positions. good luck

CALIFORNIA
↑ Back to Top

LUTHERAN MED CTR - SAN DIEGO, CA
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220
Program: PED-2 YR - SAN DIEGO, CA
Code: 4893 Openings: 3
↑ Back to Top

LUTHERAN MEDICAL CENTER-OAHU, HI
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220
Program: PED-2 YR - OAHU, HI
Code: 4853 Openings: 3
↑ Back to Top

JACOBI MEDICAL CENTER
DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
1400 PELHAM PARKWAY SOUTH
BUILDING #1, SUITE 3NE1
BRONX NY 10461
Telephone: (718) 918-3180
Director: FARHAD YEROSHALMI, DMD FAAPD
Code: 4033 Openings: 1
↑ Back to Top

LUTHERAN MED CTR-PROVIDENCE, RI
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
150 55TH STREET
STATION 20
BROOKLYN NY 11220
Program: PED-2 YR - PROVIDENCE, RI
Code: 4883 Openings: 1

Lol, there's a reason LMC ALWAYS has post match spots. I highly doubt it's pure coincidence.

This is good reason why they always have post match spots

well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Just called Jacobi.. they have filled one spot and are no longer accepting applications for the second position.

LMC has not started interviewing. They will be reviewing the application by next week.

Any luck with interviews for anyone?

Last year it took a while (like at least 3 weeks to a month) to hear about postmatch interviews .

They didn't have the interviews until like mid march

Be patient ...they get swamped with post match applications

anyone know how many people they are interviewing?

Who knows how many are being interviewed, but I wouldn't bank too much on those spots. The match statistics showed 351/633 applicants for pedo being matched. Granted some may have dropped out of match, etc.

Anyone else get a post match interview? Any of the other LMC send out interviews?

@bentwires5 Do you not already have an offer from a Lutheran program (based on the other thread you started calld "pedo or gen dentistry")?
If you've already been offered a position with Lutheran (or Matched into one), then you wouldnt exactly be eligible for any other interviews.

@bentwires5 Do you not already have an offer from a Lutheran program (based on the other thread you started calld "pedo or gen dentistry")?
If you've already been offered a position with Lutheran (or Matched into one), then you wouldnt exactly be eligible for any other interviews.

I was wondering the same thing. Unless they have been given a post match position, in which there are no rules.

Can someone please share if they have heard anything (or not) about more interviews?:) Thx

Last edited:
LMC is a disgusting mill and represents the very worst regarding dentistry. It is just as unethical, if not more unethical than Kool Smiles, ReachOut, and other private equity ventures. What makes it more disgusting than these private equity entities is that it does it under the guise of education, via residency programs. Absolutely disgusting.

According to a forwarded email from the director at HI LMC to an attending at the dental school, their positions are filled. I interviewed via Skype w/ Jacobi two weeks ago and they said they interviewed 15 people for their one spot and would decide by the next week. So according to that timeline, I presume their position is filled.

Wish those residency programs have the courtesy to let all those who are waiting for post match positions know when they filled their spots! What you guys think?

I received an email today for an interview at the LMC-Florida on March 24. Does anyone have any info on this site? Is this a new site by LMC? When I applied for post match, they said they have postmatch spots in Central Arizona, Southern California, Western Florida, Hawaii, Southern Missouri, and Rhode Island. Does anyone know if central arizona has sent out interviews?